• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Wavelands

Feral Cadence

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7377-5328
I've heard the term thrown around a lot, but I haven't been able to figure out if it's accomplished with a perfectly angled diagonal air dodge, or a horizontal dodge at exactly the right time.

I know Yoshi has some of the coolest movement options, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been utilizing them.

If it's done by horizontal air dodging, is it just something I have to practice over and over? It feels like it has to be frame perfect.

didds

Smash Lord
yup, it's perfectly horizontal and you'll just have to get the timing down. I couldn't tell you at which point of Yoshi passing through the platform you need to air dodge though, around chest height maybe?

Scatz

Smash Champion
You can check via debug mode. Turn the collision bubbles on and you should notice that Yoshi has two bubbles near his feet. One is his something Idk, and the other is the airborne (landing detection) collision box. The former is more solid while the other one is slightly lighter. Sort of like an overlay.

You want that bubble to be as close to the ground as possible to get the perfect waveland.

Top Bottom