• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

perfect pivot into a Shine Tutorial

perfect pivot into a Shine Tutorial

Miazelement

Smash Rookie
Miazelement submitted a new guide:

perfect pivot into a Shine Tutorial - A quick guide how shine out of a perfect pivot.

Hello, this is my first guide,
First off my name is MiazElement, and I just want to
show you something cool I found while practicing perfect pivots with fox.

You can use foxes down b, known as reflector/shine.
with minimum lag, not recommended online though.
I will have a video down bellow to show how I shine out of perfect pivot.

First thing is first, map C stick as your specials, so you do not
have to press down B, as always game cube controller is highly
recommended for this. quickly...
Read more about this guide...

Miazelement

Smash Rookie
Closest thing to melee wave shining as of now, even though perfect pivoting into a shine is not as effective as wave dashing into a shine, its still fun to try out.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Why is this a thing? What's the point? You get 2% by doing this. That's it. Shine does 2 damage. It barely counts as an attack.
Also, jump cancelled shine out of dash is same effect (you hit them for 2 damage), less hassle.
The perfect pivot guide bit was actually fairly helpful, but there are perfect pivot guides everywhere.

EDIT:Wait did you make a topic just to advertise your guide?

Last edited:

sucram

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarLoda
Why is this a thing? What's the point? You get 2% by doing this. That's it. Shine does 2 damage. It barely counts as an attack.
Also, jump cancelled shine out of dash is same effect (you hit them for 2 damage), less hassle.
The perfect pivot guide bit was actually fairly helpful, but there are perfect pivot guides everywhere.

EDIT:Wait did you make a topic just to advertise your guide?
Maybe he did, but at least it's bringing up discussion. I personally still prefer perfect pivots to down smash or into lasers, a perfect pivoted down smash just feels satisfying when landing it.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sorry to tell you this buddy but your "guide" video is either the worst guide I've ever seen, or is a troll right up there with the greats.

Waveshining is not in smash 4, its nothing close to wave shining at all, moving a small amount on the ground whilst bringing shine up is not what wave shining is.

Miazelement

Smash Rookie
Wow thanks for the comments, I'm aware some will talk **** about me, its smash boards, got to get use to it.
So have a nice day Luke. :) and where you at where you at!!

M@v

Subarashii!
I mean, he's not wrong with his comments. The fact is its not a waveshine. Could he have put it more nicely? Yes, but factually he's not wrong.

Anyway, as for perfect pivoting itself, shine isn't really a useful move to use imo. Tilts or dsmash are a lot more powerful/a lot safer options out of a perfect pivot. Shine is almost useless as an attack in this game, unless you are shine spiking diddy, since it can actually gimp him when he's using his barrels. As for on stage, even though it has invincibility, its hard to use as an attack because of its endlag + the almost 0 knockback it has at playing percents (It actually doesn't have set knockback, but its sooooooo minimal).

Miazelement

Smash Rookie
Just something fun to do when your board, i had had a feeling it would seem useless. But thanks for the feed back.

M@v

Subarashii!
^It is still VERY useful for reflecting projectiles, especially since you can instantly cancel shine when a projectile hits it. (About to make a post on that now actually)

Top Bottom