• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Perfect pivot crouch dash"?

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
So there's this: http://imgur.com/USOW1qa
And it looks exactly like a wavedash. But how useful is it actually? From what I can tell, it's just crouching in a perfect pivot. Now, I don't know much about perfect pivots, but I usually think PP>utilt. Does crouching offer any real advantage?

Last edited:

Alhobbies440

Smash Apprentice
This doesn't look very useful in the long run but it does look cool. We'll have to see how practical it is and what mileage any of the characters can get out of it.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
This doesn't look very useful in the long run but it does look cool. We'll have to see how practical it is and what mileage any of the characters can get out of it.
That's what we said about wavedashing in Melee, is it not?

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
probably too soon to say whether or not its applications are useful. give it a test run for a while

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Is it true this tech requires c-stick on special? If so, lol. There is no way sacrificing the c-stick is worth it.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I pulled this off yesterday in a friendly and flipped out. Before this was thread was posted, mind you. :B Timing is super duper strict and I think it is worth looking into.

quepasacontigo

Smash Rookie
How is this different from regular PP? Besides smaller hurtbox because of crouch. Does it extend the glide of the PP?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
How is this different from regular PP? Besides smaller hurtbox because of crouch. Does it extend the glide of the PP?
From what I have observed it gives around the slide of a regular pivot. I'd love to see someone do some moonwalk shinanegans with it.

Has anyone tried to do the crouch slide repeatedly to see what momentum we can get? I think we could probably do some crazy things with this. If we can increase momentum with multiple crouch slides... I wonder if we could do stuff akin to DACUS.

On second thought I don't want to know what Mario and Luigi can do with this, lol.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I made a write up on this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...mash_4_tech_perfect_pivot_crouch_dash/cz6ao2b

the gist is:
1st you need c-stick special, turn AB smash off, and (recommended but optional) set another button to special, I used R in my testing.

next, hold the special button (R) in my case while doing something else such as shielding, etc. You can have it pressed down when the count down begins as well.

Now, while the special is held down, c-stick will become a dash and pivot input. In this way, you can do a PPivot really easily by dashing normally then c-sticking behind you.

The gif is just a crouch after PPivoting in this way.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
I made a write up on this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...mash_4_tech_perfect_pivot_crouch_dash/cz6ao2b

the gist is:
1st you need c-stick special, turn AB smash off, and (recommended but optional) set another button to special, I used R in my testing.

next, hold the special button (R) in my case while doing something else such as shielding, etc. You can have it pressed down when the count down begins as well.

Now, while the special is held down, c-stick will become a dash and pivot input. In this way, you can do a PPivot really easily by dashing normally then c-sticking behind you.

The gif is just a crouch after PPivoting in this way.
Lol I cannot believe there is a b sticking technology I myself did not discover, I wonder how in the hell the japanese stumbled upon it themselves. Fyi I discovered the many benefits of b sticking beyond wavebouncing and b reversing, benefits and techs I have shared with no one and have known about since May of last year. I have long said I would make a video on it but I will definitely do so in the next month. And with this added tech, I can positively say that b sticking is the future in sm4sh

Deviruki

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deviruki.exe
Definitely going to check this out. Step Marth up a notch. Already messed with PP but this might have some other uses too.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Wouldn't B sticking make a lot of perfect pivot combos, such as the ones Void regularly performs, be impossible to incorporate into play? Like if someone used a character like Shiek, wouldn't they be better off having the right analog stick set to tilt stick?

Edit-

After practicing this tech for over an hour, I can't help but feel a lot that you have to sacrifice to utilize it isn't worth it.

Last edited:

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I didn't know B sticking was involved. Definitely not worth giving up the A stick.

darkrailink1 (dl1)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dl1
3DS FC
2509-2107-2647
looks really promising to be honest i said that pivoting wasnt useful but now i use it more then i shield and i think it may take time but if as a cumunity if we do these tecs more and more we can put it out there ps looks amazing

Ryoku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ryoku926
It's deceiving since it's Fox. I've done it. I have perfect pivoting down and I've tried this. It's no different than a regular perfect pivot, but since Fox's perfect pivot is already pretty long (range) crouching makes it seem as though he is sliding backwards rather than simply perfect pivoting. It's no different other than crouching. It doesn't extend range or anything. you can already do whatever you want out of a perfect pivot so this adds nothing new.

I was hoping otherwise, though.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If you perfect pivot with Lucario you almost stay in place. If you do this crouch slide you go backwards about the distance of a regular pivot slide.

Never really understood why B Stick when you can just practice your input speeds normally. I would think that it would help you more in the long run if you could just learn to input faster with stuff like perfect pivots without altering your sticks.

Ryoku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ryoku926
If you perfect pivot with Lucario you almost stay in place. If you do this crouch slide you go backwards about the distance of a regular pivot slide.

Never really understood why B Stick when you can just practice your input speeds normally. I would think that it would help you more in the long run if you could just learn to input faster with stuff like perfect pivots without altering your sticks.
Didn't know that about Lucario. I guess it's usefulness is pretty character-dependant. I agree with the input thing.

Top Bottom