• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Perfect Dark: A Fox Combo/Tech Video

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I am currently practicing all of Dark's techniques used in this video to apply with some edgeguarding, DI and mindgames.

Truly inspirational.

(This video has made me play more Fox than Falco the past couple of weeks)

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
I am currently practicing all of Dark's techniques used in this video to apply with some edgeguarding, DI and mindgames.

Truly inspirational.

(This video has made me play more Fox than Falco the past couple of weeks)
This video still hasn't gotten old to me. There was some funky DI in it, but I believe that alot of the techniques are useful in some situations if you're good enough to use them in tourney.

OH and I still am unsure about the part at 0:22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did he really pull off a shine wd on the very tip of the ledge?????? At exactly the same speed as his moonwalk?????

Can anyone explain this to me

Nedved

Smash Apprentice
Try to dash, then shine. You will continue to slide across the stage.
Same process. Dark shine in the moonwalk, and slide, go offstage, grab the edge.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
OH and I still am unsure about the part at 0:22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did he really pull off a shine wd on the very tip of the ledge?????? At exactly the same speed as his moonwalk?????

Can anyone explain this to me
It's called a shinehog. You cancel the shine into a jump, but you slide off the stage before you leave the ground, this cancels your jump and you just fall onto the edge.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
It's called a shinehog. You cancel the shine into a jump, but you slide off the stage before you leave the ground, this cancels your jump and you just fall onto the edge.
Oh wow I've never heard of this, but it makes sense. Ill have to give it a try. So no wd (pressing L or R) is required?? Dammm

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
it's just because he up-b'd as he was running that way, so he drifted a bit, you can't control where you up-b before the HAYAAAA

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
It's been years since anyone has been here. Does anybody know if Dark is still around? This video is just unbelievable.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
He is still around. He's N°1 in Chile, has gone to a lot of tournaments. I still think the big5 would **** him xd, and a lot of other good players too but I'd love to see how he does. He'd probably get better if someone consistently defeat him, he doesn't seem to care for improving since he wins anyway.

GF of last big tournament we had here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXeEYSNRI4

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
He is still around. He's N°1 in Chile, has gone to a lot of tournaments. I still think the big5 would **** him xd, and a lot of other good players too but I'd love to see how he does. He'd probably get better if someone consistently defeat him, he doesn't seem to care for improving since he wins anyway.

GF of last big tournament we had here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXeEYSNRI4
Cool. Someone should get him to come to the states so we can see his hands.

Top Bottom