• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PEPESPAIN Presents: Pac-Man's Punish Potential

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Legend of the arcade, cinema, and more, Pac-Man is a very exciting character in Smash for Wii U. Players like Koolaid and Abadango have shown some amazing things Pac-Man can do, and Youtube channel PEPESPAIN Smash Lab has been showing off some amazing Pac-Man tech as well. Smashboards has previously featured several excellent videos by the channel, and this video today shows how to punish with Pac-Man and how dangerous missing a tech with him in game can be. Give it a watch and see if you can implement this knowledge in games!

SmashCapps loves to see excellent Pac-Man play. Follow what SmashCapps is up to and suggest other videos to cover by WAKAWAKAing over to Twitter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One of my best friends is a Pac-Man main, so I should show him this video so he can be better at sending scrubs Pac'n.:4pacman:

Dynax123

Smash Rookie
NNID
catracho987
i don't main pacman i main meta knight but i love seeing this lil pocket of pizza play this well :) representing our low tiers well :D keep it up!

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
i don't main pacman i main meta knight but i love seeing this lil pocket of pizza play this well :) representing our low tiers well :D keep it up!
Well.....pacman isn't low tier, but way to rep something that isn't Diddy, Sheik, Falcon, Luigi, or Pika. Cause we need more variety

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Whenever I see Pac-Man Tech Videos on SB News:

I always thought D-Throw had some potential for wacky combos but this completely blew my mind.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
And people said this character was trash.

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
That was some pretty cool stuff. Glad to see tech for the lesser played characters! Showing that people want to show their character potential.

Mochamico

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyPancy
3DS FC
3437-4422-3883
If PAC-MAN isn't the most fun character in this entire game I don't know who is!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
>Sees "Pepe" in Title
>Doesn't read actual article
>Doesn't care about content of actual article

Anyone got any Rare Pepes?
image.jpg

I like to call this one "Peephole-Perspective Pepe".

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Pac-man was my first main in smash 4. I'd love to pick him back up again so maybe this video is step one:

link2702

Smash Champion
pacman is one of the most unorthodox characters in smash4....i can't use him to save my life.

Last edited:

-Nebula-

Smash Cadet
Well.....pacman isn't low tier, but way to rep something that isn't Diddy, Sheik, Falcon, Luigi, or Pika. Cause we need more variety
As a Pac-Main, I'd put him at mid-tier. Don't buy the Reddit A-tier stuff... I love the guy, but he's not on-par with Sheik and Rosalina. You really have to invest a lot of time in learning how to use him well.

xzx

Smash Lord
Too bad PAC-MAN's grab is utterly terrible. Yes, these are nice punishes and all, but PAC-MAN won't (read: shouldn't) get alot of grabs anyway.

-Nebula-

Smash Cadet
Too bad PAC-MAN's grab is utterly terrible. Yes, these are nice punishes and all, but PAC-MAN won't (read: shouldn't) get alot of grabs anyway.
Pac-Man's grab is pretty bad, but he has some tools to make it usable. And his throws are pretty decent, damage-wise at least. And you've seen the potential for following up. :p So it's worth the effort sometimes.

xzx

Smash Lord
Pac-Man's grab is pretty bad, but he has some tools to make it usable. And his throws are pretty decent, damage-wise at least. And you've seen the potential for following up. :p So it's worth the effort sometimes.
Of course, it's not useless. But for being so extremely punishable you have to think thrice before throwing it out. His back- and down throw does decent damage, but his f-throw does 6% and his up-throw does 5%, so yeah... Not that much...

-Nebula-

Smash Cadet
Of course, it's not useless. But for being so extremely punishable you have to think thrice before throwing it out. His back- and down throw does decent damage, but his f-throw does 6% and his up-throw does 5%, so yeah... Not that much...
Forward throw true combos into key at low percentages, and up throw can kill on platforms.

Top Bottom