• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People with no humor on For Glory...

holymario

Smash Apprentice
I just had another one of those guys who comboed me while I was taunting. Don't get me wrong though! I only taunt when I die a stupid death I could have easily recovered from because my brain shut off. I don't care if you get in a good postion but don't attack while I am taunting at myself...

Last edited:

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
I guess people are eager on finishing the match then a little humor from time on.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
http://smashboards.com/forums/wii-u-3ds-online-discussion.516/

Also, you can't just taunt in the game mode that is specifically designed for no-nonsense play by name and expect the other person to just stand there. How is the other player supposed to know you're taunting for that specific reason? Also, in the situation you're describing, you should be able to fastfall from the respawn platform and do just about any taunt with time left to shield or dodge before your invincibility is up if it really means that much to you.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I just had another one of those guys who comboed me while I was taunting. Don't get me wrong though! I only taunt when I die a stupid death I could have easily recovered from because my brain shut off. I don't care if you get in a good postion but don't attack while I am taunting at myself...
I guess you didn't learn your lesson.

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
If thou feels so, only toss out a taunt quick enough to finish before the respawn invincibility does. In any other case, one should never taunt unless you're completely sure you're safe doing it. Many FG players don't mess around.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
You can't assume your opponent will think you're taunting for the same reason.

LuxxyTH

Smash Rookie
NNID
LuxxyTH
3DS FC
3394-3942-4193
When it comes to taunting, I usually taunt if I do something that costs us both a stock, like if I get Kirby's Final Cutter spike but don't grab the ledge. We both know it clearly wasn't intentional to fail miserably and most of the time I get a taunt back.

And of course if they taunt when they get a kill I taunt when I get a kill, but ONLY if they taunt after getting a KO first.

but Roy's SideTaunt at the beginning of every match is absolutely necessary :troll:

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
haha seems like you just gotta know what taunt to use if your gonna use one at all aka if its not safe use the quickest one you have XD

Kidd Ryze

Smash Rookie
NNID
KiddRyze
3DS FC
4639-9938-5875
I mean... you are playing a competitive mode in the game. There aint no playing around in For Glory.

Dr. Dobis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jopus77
3DS FC
1993-8200-6012
I'll taunt too if a player KO's me good. It's a way of saying "nice!" for me. I feel like that's pretty understood.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I just had some Ness player who killed me by baiting me with his godforsaken head nod taunt. I attacked without realizing the taunt ends super fast, got bthrown, and they used the taunt again... Biggest face palm ever.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I just had some Ness player who killed me by baiting me with his godforsaken head nod taunt. I attacked without realizing the taunt ends super fast, got bthrown, and they used the taunt again... Biggest face palm ever.
Dang.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Sometimes I play against players that taunt right after the match begins, I accidentally attack them and then I just stand there still doing d-tilts, the other player does the same and there are like 30 seconds of awkward silence until we start the battle or we just do some random silly things

Thy Knight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1461-7542-0706
I only taunt at the beginning of a match to show that I'd like to have some fun, clean fights with my opponent. Most of the time I'll get a taunt back, but every now and then I'll get a Mario that takes full advantage of the situation and Down throws to Up-Tilts me for what seems to be a millennia.

At that point, my friends, IT'S ON!

Arrei

Smash Lord
The last guy to attack me during a sporting taunt wound up getting his face annihilated by hard Fsmash reads both stocks. The guy before that, a Yoshi, got gimped out of a disrespect attempt by taking a single percent of damage from Aether.

I like to think it's instant karma at work.

Last edited:

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
When I taunt in the beginning of a For Glory 1 vs 1 match:
90% of the time the opponent attacks without hesitation.
10% of the time the opponent taunts with me for a good minute then its back to the battle

When the opponent taunts in the beginning of 1 vs 1:
100% of the time I taunt with them having fun.
but...
50% of the time the opponent ATTACKS ME WHEN HE'S THE ONE WHO TAUNTED FIRST AND I JOINED IN! (He attacks while i was taunting)

:sadeyes:

coolarj10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolarj10
3DS FC
1736-2533-1640
Just from reading different threads about taunting and when people taunt, I think the meaning behind taunts is commonly understood. It's just like body language.

So when user Untamed said "You can't assume your opponent will think you're taunting for the same reason," I don't think that's true to a large extent.

For example, I think practically everyone will agree that taunting in the beginning of the first match is like saying "hello."
Taunting after both players die at the same time is usually something like "LOL" or "doh!"
Taunting after a KO is an actual "taunt" (showing off, being provocative).
Taunting after you get KO'ed by the other player is commending the opponent (maybe they did something really awesome).

So, to address holymario's original issue, my best guess is there are two reasons you're getting attacked during a friendly taunt:
1) You're playing against a child who simply doesn't understand what you're doing.
2) You're playing against someone who doesn't care about what you have to say, and just wants to win.

It makes me slightly sad when someone doesn't understand or care for my friendly attitude when playing, but I can't fault them for having a different thought process than me.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Taunting only makes you vulnerable, why shouldn't I attack? To pay respect? You only make me mad when you taunt, especially when the match is laggy. After all, you are taunting me.

You will receive no mercy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom