• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People WFT can and cannot do certain things to (lists)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
WFT has some really important matchup-dependent behaviors.
TALL PEOPLE
WFT can hit these people out of a grounded state with f-smash while immediately adjacent:

:4bowser:
:4yoshi:
:rosalina:
:4dk:
:4ganondorf:
:4zss:
:4palutena:
:4myfriends: (technically no, but his abnormally large grounded model will automatically push WFT back to a range that will hit)
:4dedede:
:4metaknight: (lol shoulder pads)
:4falco:
:4charizard:
:4rob:
:4shulk: (lol monado hilt)

Some other characters, especially semi-tall humanoids, you can take a step back and still f-smash. Others, as well as Villager and WFT herself, cannot be hit like this at all.

HEAVIES AND FAST FALLERS
WFT's jab string will ground these characters by default on flat terrain, without extra input delay on the third hit:

:4bowser:
:4yoshi:
:4bowserjr:
:4dk:
:4diddy:
:4link:
:4sheik:
:4zss:
:4palutena:
:4myfriends:
:4robinm:
:4dedede:
:4metaknight:
:4fox:
:4falco:
:4charizard:
:4greninja:
:4rob:
:4falcon:
:4megaman:

Other characters require a slight delay or inward DI from the opponent to ground. Grounding floaty characters like Samus or Jigglypuff is very difficult.

SHORT FATTIES
WFT cannot u-smash the following people when standing completely adjacent to them while idle:

:4wario2:
:4gaw:
:4diddy: (back only)
:4kirby:
:4dedede: (back only)
:4metaknight:
:4littlemac: (back only)
:4pikachu:
:4jigglypuff:
:4greninja: (stupid ninja pose--might be different if stunned and standing vertically...)
:4duckhunt:
:4rob: (front only)
:4ness: (back only, sometimes)
:4olimar:
:4pacman:

It's still possible to hit these character if you slide into them as you release an u-smash, but it's difficult and unreliable.

Hopefully this proves valuable to anyone who is considering WFT!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this, especially the list of who can be hit by Fsmash. I always found myself overestimating the vertical reach of Fsmash and basically giving the opponent a free pass out of being buried, so I'd resort to either Dsmash or just using the time to set up Deep Breathing or charge SS.

Also, I haven't had much trouble burying samus to be honest. Like you said you've got to delay between the second and third jab, but then again it might just be a case of my opponents just not knowing how to get out of the burying hitbox's way.

Last edited:

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
I think we also need a list of characters who can't be hit by ftilt or fsmash if they're crouching (or in Kirby and Jiggs' case, standing during certain parts of their idle animation). You wouldn't think it was a big deal, but I've definitely whiffed well-timed punishes and got hit for it because of a character's height.

Top Bottom