• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

People in MICHIGAN - A Question

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
So Terf and I were thinking of hosting our own tournaments when Vayseth isn't having his...

Would anyone be interested in going? I'm refering to people like Hot_ArmS, Vayseth, Omni (even though he said he doesn't play anymore?), The Mann, Panda and people like that. Oh and Anther.

??? Reply so I can feel good about myself and actually get this tourney started.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
The tournaments would be around the Lansing area, probably in a suburb like Okemos. The tournaments would be Brawl at first but would probably branch out into other games, maybe SF Third Strike, SF 4 (when it's out) and Melee. Also, for Vayseth, maybe the new Naruto game but we'll see.

The main focus of the tournaments would be Brawl though. Interest?

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
OK sweet guys. I was hoping Vayseth and Hot_ArmS would see this too but I'll just send them a message or something. Anyways, I'll make a new post once we have everything figured out. AKA once we're organized.

Thanks for the feedback!

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Promising talent? I think a number of people you know can vouch for Terf and I in that aspect.

How far away do you live?

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I'm right outside Detroit in a little city called Oak Park. I ask if theres promising talent because I don't know much about the Ann Arbor scene. Played a few people from there in tournaments but thats about it. I'm just a guy who's always looking for a challenge :) I've won quite a few tournaments here and it gets boring playing the same people ya know? Plus a lot of people here are way too arrogant. I just play to have fun really but I'm a pretty solid Snake..no pun intended.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha I liked the pun, but listen... I know what you mean, unfortunately I hate Snake : )

Just kidding I love snake but... not in brawl. I can't handle super-heavy 21% tilt with broken hitbox phantom-range attacks (It's too easy!).

Anyways, I'm ranting here... The point is there will be promising talent because Terf and I will be there and if people from Ann Arbor go then there most definitely will be! I'll keep you guys posted.

TheMann

Smash Ace
The tournaments would be around the Lansing area, probably in a suburb like Okemos. The tournaments would be Brawl at first but would probably branch out into other games, maybe SF Third Strike, SF 4 (when it's out) and Melee. Also, for Vayseth, maybe the new Naruto game but we'll see.

The main focus of the tournaments would be Brawl though. Interest?
Whoa whoa whoa .....whoa....whoa did you say Street Fighter 3s? I'm guaranteed to go now. I played street fighter b4 I played smash :).

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Haha Lain. You get ***** : ) No for real, my tiers **** you and you know it !

Money match next tournament for sure.
But yeah, Ambient_Horizon, the Smash community is notorious for people thinking they're really good then sucking. But if you want to play some of the best people in the nation they're here in Michigan for sure.

Top Bottom