• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peanut Chasing: Mindgame Tactic?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Something tells me this is useless, but Diddy can catch up to his own popgun's peanut, which looks absolutely crazy in practice. To do this, you short-hop your Popgun (no charging; also, the gun needs to go off at the top of the jump) and dash after the shell as soon as you land. After that, use a dash attack just before the Peanut hits the ground, and you've caught it. I've got the muscle memory down pat, but I can't imagine this being very helpful in competitive gameplay (I've been using it as my taunt, and it cracks my friend up every time). Now, a caught peanut does travel much farther and at a different angle than the Popgun's, AND you can use your Popgun while holding yours (which does makes for epic mindgames). Perhaps this could help when you're going to go edgehog a player after sending him across the stage, such that you can interrupt their jumps with multiple Peanuts? (Granted, a banana really would be much more helpful, but that's not the point.) Any thoughts?

EDIT 3-6-10: OMG I was such a scrub back then xD

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I catch a peanut from time to time. It's something else to glide toss in my opinion. It helps keep banana glide toss games going.

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
I see plenty of mind game applications, especially if you just sent an opponent off the opposite side of the stage with a smash attack.

Anyway, if you are good enough to catch the nut, then you should be good enough to grab an opponent after shooting nut at them from a distance.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The nuts do like 15% when thrown.
That's pretty hefty damage if you ask me. If you have the time to grab one between stocks.

EDIT: Actually, I'm probably wrong, I thought for sure they did though -_-
*waves goodbye to credibility*

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Really!? I always thought they did 5% damage. If it's 15 then I will most definatly start doing this more often, because that is huge to start a stock with.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Just tested it in training mode, it does infact do 7% -_-
Banana's do 6 so there isn't much point except for mixups
Really?

I thought for sure they did 15% because I was testing this yesterday and was suprised at the damage.

Maybe it's because I have the japanese version?
Maybe I'm just trippin. I'll test it once I get home today. But Blistering Speed is probably right.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You're doing it wrong. You have to name it after yourself for it to count. Diddy's F-air is now the BlisteringAerialRush. And the B-air is the ReverseVyseAerialOffensive.

denizen

Smash Apprentice
if i catch it i catch it w/o the sh...i usually use it for a tricky glide toss. the peanut is hard to see in your hand so your opponent gets a wtf moment

btnboi55

Smash Rookie
haha yea i thought no one would ever bring it up.. i was bored with my friend and i was shooting penuts at him and he was catching them and we were just practice grabbin them in air so we were tossing them back n forth.. then i was like can i catch my own penut ? took me like 5 trys n kept doing it lol... the best way i do it is... jump .. any jump.. figure out wen you shoot ur pop gun.. that youll hit the ground with no lag... dash forward n just short hop n grab it anyway u want with air dodge or Nair or Fair... and wenever i do it there like wtf and losing there mind state for a min of playing brawl and ATTTACCKKKKK >=O ) LOL

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
i love grabbing nuts
This guy does it for the lulz.

So I'll lul.

Lol. :laugh: :laugh:

This seems like it'd be difficult to pull off in a tourney match. However, peanut gun -> peanut toss does = epic mindgames.

Maybe this could work, just needs more tweaking.

Top Bottom