• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Turnips

Harmor

Smash Rookie
Sorry, this may be a basic question, but it's been giving me a lot of trouble lately; how do I approach a peach that is spamming turnips? I've tried almost everything, but getting in close and in a position to take control just isn't happening. Any tips?

SAUS

Smash Ace
Also keep in mind that she can't jump or fall very quickly. Keeping pressure on them and frequently changing your position vertically can make them less of a problem.

See Biscuit

Smash Rookie
If you get the timing down, you can grab them and throw them back. Either that or just stay far enough away from her.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
One thing to keep in mind is that she cant grab you while she has a turnip (I think?), so she doesnt have that option. Grabbing her turnips isnt really viable imo

See Biscuit

Smash Rookie
One thing to keep in mind is that she cant grab you while she has a turnip (I think?), so she doesnt have that option. Grabbing her turnips isnt really viable imo
I don't know, I have a friend that mains falco that somehow manages to grab most of the turnips I throw at him.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I feel that Marth is better without being limited by holding a turnip. Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I think he has a relatively slow throw speed as well.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
His throw speed isn't so much of a hindrance. Peach takes a long time to pull another turnip, so she's going to get hit by the one you caught if she tries. Catching turnips has essentially the same effect of falco's lasers. It may not work every time, but when it does it stops the projectile pressure pretty effectively.

Sorry, this may be a basic question, but it's been giving me a lot of trouble lately; how do I approach a peach that is spamming turnips? I've tried almost everything, but getting in close and in a position to take control just isn't happening. Any tips?
Ideally, you could be close enough to never let her get the chance to pluck turnips safely. This is the best situation. From that point you have reduced methods of success I believe. The worst situation is when you are forced to deal with turnips when you have other priorities. For example, if you are offstage and need to UpB NOW, but a turnip is in the way you really have no choice except to get hit.

You said spamming turnips. I assume you mean peach is grabbing a turnip and throwing it right away, then grabbing another turnip right away after throwing the first. Or something close to that. In this case, you can simply dash into at the incoming throw and shield the turnip. From there, wavedash out and punish peach with a grab/dtilt or something like that. You have plenty of time to accomplish this because her grabbing turnip animation is so slow. The only thing you have to worry about at this point is when she finally decides to stop spamming from getting punished.

SAUS

Smash Ace
She can't grab, but she can throw the turnip out of shield. You can even throw it backwards. I am not sure how bad follow-ups on close-range turnips against marth are though.

xCardiac

Smash Apprentice
For an edge guarding peach, I like to edge hop Nairs when they're close enough. You might be able to get a shield stab if you're in the right position, since Nairs a bit wacky. I fought an insane peach and his turnips shut down everything I did until I started using platforms to cover me from above. Vertical change is definitely a good way to combat dem turnip.

Top Bottom