• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's second jump

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
So I've been playing Peach for the past month or so and I've gotten pretty good. One of the tactics I like to do is use my second jump in the middle of my opponents combo and using her Nair to break the combo.

I know one of the problems w/ this tactic is that if it doesn't work, then I no longer have my second jump and I can't get out of the combo as easily anymore. But I wanted to know if there were any other negatives to using this tactic and also wanted to know if anyone else uses it too.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
apollo whats crackin?

Well, you should really try to wiggle out and nair most of the time, but if you feel like you can do it, DJC nair works well sometimes because you instantly start to travel downwards and if you're being juggled thats always pretty good, but risky.

I personally, use either method equally generally speaking.

One of the downsides though not shared by other characters is that opponents will generally know when you've lost your DJ (that noise she makes during it is so distinct, but you should always listen for it as well to know when you've lost your DJ) and knowing that can always help them react to the situation in different, more reliable ways, rather than also having to deal with the possibility of you actually having a DJ...

errrrr.... better explained, other characters have less options when they lose their jump, but often times the opponent doesnt know that, and reacts as if they have the same amount of options. With Peach, they'll know most of the time.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
You can Nair out of stun just as fast as you can DJ out of it, afaik.

So really, if you're trying to get out of a combo with nair, you should just hit it with proper timing.

You cannot airdodge out of the tumble animation, so if you're looking to airdodge out of a combo, you'd need to wiggle out or DJ first. I think.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I know that in the middle of a close-up combo I should just Nair, but some combo's push me back a bit and my opponent has to dash up to me to continue the combo. These are the main times when I DJ to change my trajectory and direction, usually into a Nair on my opponent.

Like if Marth uses his Fthrow at a high enough percent where Peach gets out of range and he has to chase me to get the Fsmash off. If I just Nair, I'll get out of stun, but keep moving backwards. If I DJ first, then I can change make Peach move towards Marth before I attack. This was more the situation that I was thinking of, sorry if I was unclear.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
IMO, the DJC cancel is awesome and you should use it frequently. it can be risky since you lose ur second jump... but peach has so many recovery options its not a big deal. i actually do what apollo was talkin bout with marth sometimes. in general, the DJC can drastically change your trajectory and is good for mindgames.

XIF, you were talkin about wiggling out from flailing during combos and using the nair... i havent had much luck with this. the lvl9 CPUs pull it out super fast and i cant. any advice? also, if u are wiggling the controller, how do u make sure u do a nair and not a directional aerial?

Top Bottom