• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach's Air game Vs. Ground game

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was thinking of combinin both her air fighting and ground fight. FC takes the air and useing FC techs and all. Then we have her ground game that lets her use her yrnips in variois ways. But I wanna know which is more effective, her air fighting or ground fighting and why? With Me I dont fight in the air alot. My friends say I should, I can abuse her FC and all to great things. So Im gonna try to but that into my game. But yea I dont fight in the air as much as I do in the ground. Im dumb with FC at times and do it slow or too obvious. I need to work on that which I am. Anyway, air or ground and why is it Peach's best way of fighting?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
there's a time and place for everything and to try and put all your efforts into such a onesided easily countered style is ridiculous.

Peach has all her aerials, d smash, grabs and throws, and dash attack mainly but i could list off all sorts of things that wouldnt make any difference against a living, thinking opponent.

This is a game of reactions, you cant just "train up your air/ground game" and just use the same sort of equation you come up with against any opponent.

just actively think in a match.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
The biggest thing I've noticed to try to make fcing less predictable and counterable is to start the float closer to the opponent. Don't float all the way from the left end of final destination to attack someone standing on the right for example, unless their shield is broken, missed rest, or otherwise unable to avoid it. Run, dashdance, or wavedash your way over, maybe throwing a turnip in there, and then float when you're closer to them and do your attack. Hmmm... Peach is floating at me from a mile away, with her back to me.. She'll probably try to b-air or n-air... That's what your opponent is thinking if you start your float way too soon.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Unless it's falco.

For some reason bird players get nervous when they see peach float high... maybe because they can't hit her with lasers. Against falco, by all means float high and make the darn bird sweat.

Xif's right though. It's all about mixups and things that work in the given situation.

(IMO her ground game is better though... I can't CC or dash attack in the air XD).

artifice

Smash Ace
well if you were to rank her ground game and air game against other charactors, i think ude find her air game to have a relativly higher rank than her ground would have.

using earials very low to the ground is something very camon with peach. i tihnk this goes to show the priority on her airs are a little beter relativly.

Xif was right ofcource you must mix them up well, but just some food for thought.

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
i wood say her ground game is better its faster and hits for more dmg
only thing good about air game is down a in air adds alittle dmg which can b followed b down smash and her grabs on ground then forward thrown omg its strong
alot of her kill moves can hit easy in air but besides that dont put her in air much or u will get juggled by a good marth or yoshi:(

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
i wood say her ground game is better its faster and hits for more dmg
only thing good about air game is down a in air adds alittle dmg which can b followed b down smash and her grabs on ground then forward thrown omg its strong
alot of her kill moves can hit easy in air but besides that dont put her in air much or u will get juggled by a good marth or yoshi:(
Ooookay then lol....

Top Bottom