• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Video and General Discussion Thread

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
There are so many little threads i thought why not just make 1 big thread in which most if not all questions could be answered.

Since this is a video and general discussion thread. Feel free to Post any of your Peach matches or any other Peach player so we can give tips or try to help in anyway.

Also dont be scared to ask a question im sure someone will be willing to answer your question. In answering People's questions lets try not to be rude, its ok to be blunt but try to do it in a nice.

Ill start the discussion thread with this.

Heres Vwins vs Raynex.
Vwins vs Raynex Grand Finals (Set 1)<~~~~~~~~~This a Playlist of there 1st Set

What do u think of how Vwins fights a very Techy Fox

Shakugan, maybe im a lion

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I'm going to say one thing about Vwins: He loves to do what I consider to be a forgotten Peach technique....rather simple and overlooked.

The rising Nair.

In a world of technical Peaches, I think the rising Nair is often overlooked. It has many uses, which Vwins shows beautifully. I'm wondering if anyone else noticed what I did, though, xD.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'm going to say one thing about Vwins: He loves to do what I consider to be a forgotten Peach technique....rather simple and overlooked.

The rising Nair.

In a world of technical Peaches, I think the rising Nair is often overlooked. It has many uses, which Vwins shows beautifully. I'm wondering if anyone else noticed what I did, though, xD.
What? >_> I haven't forgotten lol.

Rising nair is too fun. I often find myself using short hopped nairs, as they are fast and allow for more mobility than fc'ed nairs, but also hit sidesteppers, those that shield but quickly abandon it, resulting in getting hit or just hitting someone jumping above ya. It's also too good from shield if you time it right. FC nair to rising nair is **** against shields if they try to instajump to avoid dsmash/slaps and try to punish you. Should own many fox players if you don't overkill it, they will punish it if they stick to shield.

Dtilt is too good as a techcase against sidesteppers though, I just abused it on low% against peki's sheik lol. I also wavelanded onto platforms multiple times to cg him anew as he likes to counter armada combo attempts.

JFox

Smash Hero
*insert generic elitist post here in an attempt to get strangers to think more highly of my video game skillz"

aresparadox

Smash Cadet
I wish I would record more matches with my partners...just because things arent on the internet for ppl to see they think something like fc to rising nairs is dead.

lol @ jfox's comment

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Eh...I was just kind of throwing it out there. If i was off....my bad. My general experiences just don't see it as effectively used as it once was.

Lol @ Jfox's Post
Lol @ Kirbstir's post. (I did that this weekend, btw.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
The Uair is a great moveits just out shined by the Nair which hits like everywhere lol. but the uair helps kill Peach in dittos.

Shakugan, maybe im a lion

JFox

Smash Hero
You and your opponent both were constantly approaching one another, no one even tried spacing their opponent out and waiting. Letting your opponent make the first move is essential at high level play. I'm not saying camp, but don't be predictable and rush in all the time. If your opponent was smarter, they would realize that your main approach was just fc fair, so they would DD grab your wiffed attacks. So its important to be less predictable.

Work on those marth edgeguards. You looked like you weren't sure what to do, so you were kinda trying things out. Think about how marth's typically recover and then figure out what counters that. (ie grabbing ledge, get up dsmash. grab ledge, drop down bair. XIF's turnip drop edgegaurd. well placed turnips that snipe the opponent when they try to use forward B. or even just punishing bad sweet spots with the front hit of a dash attack)

Remember that nair is a better killing move than fair when your opponent gets to high percents. You missed quite a few easy edgegaurds vs falcon because you were trying to use a fair when nair is easier and more effective. Also remember that you dont have to kill him right away, u just gotta keep him from getting back on. So its ok to hit him with a weaker move and than when he tries again for the up B, follow up with a killing blow. I see too often people try to go for the kill vs falcon instead of just hitting him back out and forcing the opponent to try to recover without a double jump.

Work on your recovery, its too predictable. I was embarrassed for you when in match 1 I was watching you up B over and over just to be punished again and again. Switch it up, go low sometimes. Learn to sweetspot the up B, and it becomes really difficult for your opponent to edgegaurd you without hopping on the ledge. In that position there would be no way to properly react in time if you had simply dropped down and sweetspotted an Up b.

Overall, I was impressed by your improvements, HOWEVER I do wish I could see you play a better opponent, cuz this guy didn't see too experienced. Good stuff none the less, and keep up the progress.

Top Bottom