• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Needs a New Final Smash

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Although it's cool that Peach's current final smash is the SMB3 coin heaven thing sped up, it still is one of the more disappointing Final Smashes.

I think she needs a new one for Smash 4. I present Empress Peach.

It will represent Mario Strikers (one of the sports series), it looks awesome, and it can defeat Zelda (warning: violent video).

Does any have any other ideas for Final Smashes? Or does anyone want to keep her Final Smash as is?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
In the Peach thread we were throwing around ideas about using her Super Princess Peach emotion mechanic for a final smash.

One of the ideas that came around a few times was a different emotional "vibe" themed FS that changed based on how the match is going for her.

I think it was something like this.

1. If she's winning (Joy, she starts floating around mid-air freely while whistling, leading to endless air combos.)
2. Losing, not getting enough kills (Rage, flames erupt around her, dealing massive damage/KOing nearby foes)
3. Losing, getting KOed too much (Gloom, runs around the stage quickly while crying and invincible, crashes into enemies)
4. Really high % (Calm, heals her back to 0%, enemies fall asleep like her current FS)

She could glow a different color before she uses the FS so the player will know which one will be triggered.

Deckete

Smash Cadet
In the Peach thread we were throwing around ideas about using her Super Princess Peach emotion mechanic for a final smash.

One of the ideas that came around a few times was a different emotional "vibe" themed FS that changed based on how the match is going for her.

1. If she's winning (Joy, she starts floating around mid-air freely while whistling, leading to endless air combos.)
2. Losing, not getting enough kills (Rage, flames erupt around her, dealing massive damage/KOing nearby foes)
3. Losing, getting KOed too much (Gloom, runs around the stage quickly while crying and invincible, crashes into enemies)
4. Really high % (Calm, heals her back to 0%, enemies fall asleep like her current FS)

She could glow a different color before she uses the FS so the player will know which one will be triggered.
I think I saw this idea. And I liked it a lot, but there are many conditions to put this Final Smash. I find it very difficult to become real, even though I know it was only an idea.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think I saw this idea. And I liked it a lot, but there are many conditions to put this Final Smash. I find it very difficult to become real, even though I know it was only an idea.

I'm glad you like it-- I agree though, it's too complicated to actually put into the game.

I'd be okay with her FS just doing what I put as her "Calm" FS. Everyone falls asleep and her % resets. That seems to be about the right strength for a Final Smash.

Deckete

Smash Cadet
I'm glad you like it-- I agree though, it's too complicated to actually put into the game.

I'd be okay with her FS just doing what I put as her "Calm" FS. Everyone falls asleep and her % resets. That seems to be about the right strength for a Final Smash.
Not to mention that it is equal to the current. The difference are peaches. xD
But this is better.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Peach ends up getting the Rage Vibe as her new Final Smash, that could really cause opponents to run in terror.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think they should just buff up her Final Smash. Here's some ideas:
  • Players cannot heal with Peach's peaches, or just give one peach to her and it restores all, if not most of her health.
  • Players will be asleep longer, and be lightweighted.
  • No matter the position, the attack deals 50% damage to all players.
  • Players in the air will go into a free fall, bringing them back to the ground.
I like the idea of her FS, it's very Peachy. It just needs to be a bit more viable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's my idea for Peach's FS, which I posted in the Peach thread.

My Idea for Peach's Final Smash:

There would be a Vibe Gauge on the top of the screen, which constantly decreases.

The Four Vibes can be selected by a directional key (maybe the D-pad). Anger mode - Peach is covered by a damaging firey hitbox. Her speed remains normal.

Calm mode - Peach gradually recovers her health.

Sad mode - Peach starts bawling with tears flying out on both her sides like in Super Princess Peach. The tears do less damage than Anger mode's fire but Peach becomes much faster in this mode.

Glad mode - Peach can fly using her aerials, like Wario-Man. It can allow her to attack an opponent like Jiggly's wall of pain.

I know it's an impossibility, and would be a nightmare to program, but it would be awesome nonetheless.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I really feel that her Final Smash should definitely in someway reflect upon her emotion abilities from Super Princess Peach. It was the first thing that came to mind for me. I just don't get these Final Smashes that have no real reference point, like Luigi's... How the hell was his not Luigi's Mansion influenced?

:093:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I never liked Peach's final smash in Brawl, I think it should be changed. There is never enough time to eat peaches and smack your enemy while they are sleeping on a larger stage. Your idea is really cool!

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I probably am one of the few who actually liked her final smash but I can see why a lot of people do not like it. Out of the final smash ideas I really like the vibe scepter idea. Also do we have any idea if the final smashes are going to be changed for any character?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I probably am one of the few who actually liked her final smash but I can see why a lot of people do not like it. Out of the final smash ideas I really like the vibe scepter idea. Also do we have any idea if the final smashes are going to be changed for any character?
Currently the only Final Smash confirmed for a veteran is Samus's Zero Laser, but it is unknow if she will turn into Zero Suit Samus after it. Also, I don't hate her Final Smash, I hate how weak it is.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Im the only one who likes her Final Smash then?
I main Peach, and putting everyone to sleep, gulping down peaches, and smacking them into the air with a frying pan is one of the most satisfying Brawl moments for me.
Plus it gets all of my friends angry because I "spam" it, so...

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I liked her final smash because it kept me alive when I had high damage. I was able to lower it enough to hang in there.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I care more about Final Smash's looking cool or referencing the series more than its effectiveness. Peach's current Final Smash should go to Jigglypuff.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Although it's cool that Peach's current final smash is the SMB3 coin heaven thing sped up, it still is one of the more disappointing Final Smashes.

It will represent Mario Strikers (one of the sports series), it looks awesome, and it can defeat Zelda (warning: violent video).

Does any have any other ideas for Final Smashes? Or does anyone want to keep her Final Smash as is?
Yup, basically make empress peach act like marth's critical hit.

Nancyheart

Smash Rookie

i'm thinking somthing more like: she uses her colbalt star and pulls everyone in (like kirby's) and after a set amount of time she crushes it sending everyone flying or she could go all super princess peach and uses her anger power to kill everyone (like wario) lay traps with crying or shoot a giant rush of water (zelda,samus and Mario) spin around and flying with calm (Rob) or being happy and regenerating health, while a wave pushes everyone away. finally she could go all sports mix/ sluggers and send out giant heart which cause various effects, from sleep, ally attacking, blind,slowed/ controls reversed or damage and then finally throw a heart projectile which annihilates everyone. any other ideas or do u agree with these?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
i'm thinking somthing more like: she uses her colbalt star and pulls everyone in (like kirby's) and after a set amount of time she crushes it sending everyone flying or she could go all super princess peach and uses her anger power to kill everyone (like wario) lay traps with crying or shoot a giant rush of water (zelda,samus and Mario) spin around and flying with calm (Rob) or being happy and regenerating health, while a wave pushes everyone away. finally she could go all sports mix/ sluggers and send out giant heart which cause various effects, from sleep, ally attacking, blind,slowed/ controls reversed or damage and then finally throw a heart projectile which annihilates everyone. any other ideas or do u agree with these?
the colbalt star idea is cool. I think she just needs a method of attack to finish them off once she captures them. The other ones don't really fit her as well. The last one is a bit much.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice

This such a cool idea, but one unfortunately I doubt will ever make it into Smash. A lot of the FSs seemed very sloppy and slapped together (Jigglypuff's, all Star Fox characters, Peach's, etc). But perhaps if more thought is put into FS this time around we could see something like what you've said.

That being said I feel her FS is likely to be changed, and that some sort of emotion power from Super Princess Peach is the most likely change they will implement. I'm guessing it will just be Rage or Gloom and she will rampage and wrack up crazy %, sort of like Wario. I wonder if people would get the reference though.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I think they should just buff up her Final Smash. Here's some ideas:
  • Players cannot heal with Peach's peaches, or just give one peach to her and it restores all, if not most of her health.
  • Players will be asleep longer, and be lightweighted.
  • No matter the position, the attack deals 50% damage to all players.
  • Players in the air will go into a free fall, bringing them back to the ground.
I like the idea of her FS, it's very Peachy. It just needs to be a bit more viable.
what if the peaches healed you but hurt everyone else and since they are all around the stage they may accidentally pick one up

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Peach has just so many possibilities for a Final Smash. I like her current one because it's more refined than most of the others that are, like, instant kills or really powerful.

-She could use one of her emotions from Super Princess Peach, like the rage one.
-She could use her Heart Powers in a creative way (she does plenty of things in the Mario Games with it)
-She could use the Psych Bomb (SMRPG)
-She could use the Power Stars since she knows how to use them
-She could use the Peach Beam or summon the Star Spirits

My favorite would probably be the Psych Bomb.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'd love to see Rage Peach or Empress Peach, but the ladder seems a lot less likely than the former since I'm sure Sakurai is not aware of Peach's true power. Rage Peach could just increase her power by x2 and anyone engulfed in the flame around her will basically be helpless and Peach can send them away with a Smash attack.

fbs397

Smash Cadet
I don't think any Super Princess Peach stuff will make it. It didn't made it to Brawl, so why now? Plus, I don't think it would look very good for Nintendo to have a character these days whose special power are her emotions.

What about a big, pink heart? The effect would be that no players can inflict any direct damage (not including items) to her for a set amount of time.

fbs397

Smash Cadet
Sounds weak. We need Peach to look like a badass!
Personally, I think it's liberating when characters DON'T look like badasses. Americans are as obsessed with "badass" as Japanese are obsessed with "kawaii". I have nothing against a sweet, innocent princess like Peach. She doesn't need to show how strong she is.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Luigi getting the Poltergust as his new FS gives me hope that Nintendo are actually putting thought into Final Smashes relevant and creative this time around. Fingers-crossed for our lovely damsel

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
If Peach's Final Smash has been changed, I am 50% certain her new one will involve Toads. Sakurai seems to believe they only exist to serve her, and I guess that's not far off from reality.

Por ejemplo...

Toad Brigade: Peach summons a large group of Toads by her side. They then proceed to throw vegetables and damaging items in the direction Peach is facing with ferocity. It has a lot of range, and if you are unlucky, you could get hit with a bomb.

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
The Empress Peach might be too aggressive and out of character for Peach. But I agree her Final Smash needs changed or improve. I really don't like that it can aid her opponents. Among other things. With many character getting better Final Smashes, I have good feeling Peach will too. Something involving hearts, maybe?

Last edited:

Awaji66

Smash Apprentice
If Peach's Final Smash has been changed, I am 50% certain her new one will involve Toads. Sakurai seems to believe they only exist to serve her, and I guess that's not far off from reality.

Por ejemplo...

Toad Brigade: Peach summons a large group of Toads by her side. They then proceed to throw vegetables and damaging items in the direction Peach is facing with ferocity. It has a lot of range, and if you are unlucky, you could get hit with a bomb.

Your idea of involving Toads, does seem clever.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

Por ejemplo...

Maybe since olimars final smash may be changed because the ship is an item, I'm thinking they'd crash their starshroom ship into the stage dealing damage and then the toads will fly out hitting people and dealing even more damage

Last edited:
Top Bottom