• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Float Cancel Optimization

Moltov

Smash Rookie
Hey all,
Since the float cancelling guide wasn't very clear on this, I figured I would share it with everyone since I would have loved to know about this many months ago.

Fast fall instant float cancelling!
You can reduce the air time on float cancels aerials by fast falling immediately after releasing the jump button. Normally I only thought fast falling was useful if you were floating higher above the ground but it is useful even with an instant float cancel.
Example:
While it's only a few frames, it is extremely useful. I uploaded some applications that I think are cool:

Last edited:

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
cool. in general i am using the horizontal momentum and can't afford to fastfall, but if you have them in shield, might as well get an extra frame of advantage

Moltov

Smash Rookie
Well in general I never find myself having to keep horizontal movement going if I'm doing a FC aerial. Especially NAIR since you have to release the analog to execute it anyway. I implemented this tech in the last tournament I went to and it felt very good, my movement became much more smooth. This strat REALLY helps with the standard BAIR-> Downsmash and FC NAIR -> grab. Every nair landed on shield should be a grab unless the opponent straight up reads it. I highly recommend that peachs practice fast falling FC aerials. The new 20XX hack is a great way to practice this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom