• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Custom Move Combos

EOE

Smash Apprentice

Just a very short video to show some of Peach's combo potential with custom moves.

Great combinations for combos include Heavy Vegetable with Flying Peach Bomber, and Sleepy Toad with Flower Peach Bomber.

In my opinion, the best Custom Moveset to use with Peach is Standard Toad, Flying Peach Bomber, Standard Parasol and Light Vegetable (1,3,1,2).

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Definatly depends on the character, but yea nice video.
We're any of these light veggie though? They do kinda have their faults too in a way.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
sick stuff EOE. thanks for the great vid :D also flying bomber on shield to float>dair>flying bomber is so dirty, esp if you shark the first bomber.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
I agree with your opinion on her best custom set. It's unfortunate that 1312 is not included in the EVO sets.

I used her customs for the first time in tournament last weekend and was able to nab a kill at 70% with a Dair > Flying Bomber at the edge.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
What's so good about the other parosals?
I mean the one with multiple jumps........I sorta see why it could be of use, but barely
As for her high jump, no it's basically removing one of her KO moves and it wouldn't lower her falling speed, though I'm very inexperienced with customs soooo, we will have to see

EOE

Smash Apprentice
I think both her Parasol customs are bad. Light Parasol can be opened/closed 7 times if you are fast enough. This covers huge vertical and horizontal distance, but it is much too slow and easily punished. Her standard Up-B is really good anyway.

I think Flying Bomber is the best because of the combo potential. It allows Peach to finish a D-air combo and retain her second jump+float. Also, with Flying Bomber you are free to move whenever you touch the stage, meaning this can be spaced to recover to the stage or a platform (e.g. Battlefield) with no lag.

Sleepy Toad is good, but I personally rarely land grounded counters, so I'd rather use the original.

Good points can be argued for all 3 turnip types. Light Turnips are good for approaches and zoning, Heavy Turnips are good for damage and combos, and Default Turnips are in the middle of both extremes.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I think both her Parasol customs are bad. Light Parasol can be opened/closed 7 times if you are fast enough. This covers huge vertical and horizontal distance, but it is much too slow and easily punished. Her standard Up-B is really good anyway.

I think Flying Bomber is the best because of the combo potential. It allows Peach to finish a D-air combo and retain her second jump+float. Also, with Flying Bomber you are free to move whenever you touch the stage, meaning this can be spaced to recover to the stage or a platform (e.g. Battlefield) with no lag.

Sleepy Toad is good, but I personally rarely land grounded counters, so I'd rather use the original.

Good points can be argued for all 3 turnip types. Light Turnips are good for approaches and zoning, Heavy Turnips are good for damage and combos, and Default Turnips are in the middle of both extremes.
But is it true both light and heavy actually remove your chances of getting bombs and sat urns and dot eyes and stitches?(or at least lower the chances for the latter 2)

EOE

Smash Apprentice
But is it true both light and heavy actually remove your chances of getting bombs and sat urns and dot eyes and stitches?(or at least lower the chances for the latter 2)
I've personally never pulled a Bob-omb or Mr. Saturn when using custom Turnips.
I've pulled a good amount of dot-eyes and stitches with Heavy Turnips, though - I didn't notice a difference if there is one.

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
I agree with your opinion on her best custom set. It's unfortunate that 1312 is not included in the EVO sets.

I used her customs for the first time in tournament last weekend and was able to nab a kill at 70% with a Dair > Flying Bomber at the edge.
I believe you when you say 1312 is not included in EVO sets, but I was wondering where you found that info. Also does that mean you can't use that set? (E.I. they don't have the moves unlocked?) Or is it banned for being OP or something?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I believe you when you say 1312 is not included in EVO sets, but I was wondering where you found that info. Also does that mean you can't use that set? (E.I. they don't have the moves unlocked?) Or is it banned for being OP or something?
Most tournaments ban any customs sets that aren't one of the 8 standard ones. Not because they are broken but because they don't want to deal with the logistics.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
You can find the whole discussion on the thread on the Peach boards. But shoryuken.com has the whole list here:

http://shoryuken.com/2015/03/27/evo-2015-to-allow-custom-moves-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/

None of Peach's customs are OP by any stretch of the imagination, but they do give her more options than she had before.

(If you don't see the list, click the "EVO Moves" tab at the bottom of the empty space)

Last edited:

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
Nice video! I personally prefer sleepy toad because peach's normal counter seems pretty week (maybe thats just me) and I like the free kill at high percents, plus I'm used to using Marth's Iai counter so the tight timing doesn't bother me. As for side b, the regular has some nice attributes like ledge snapping but I agree the higher power/combo potential from using FPB is better. I believe the default parasol is best (but I also SD a lot, still need to practice with it). As for downB, it's either approaching or combo-ing to choose from, and I like the floaty ones best as it gives Peach some serious approach options. She has some pretty sick customs though and I could see good players getting mileage out of all of them.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
hmmmmmM @ EOE EOE you seem to have customs experience. Whats good about flower bomber over the others and what are its uses?
In my opinion, Flower Bomber doesn't have any notable advantages over the other Side-B options.

EOE

Smash Apprentice
hmmmmmM isn't faster though in terms of start-up
Yeah, the first hitbox seems to appear a lot earlier than the other Side-Bs. However, because of the limited range, Peach's other options always seem to be much better than Flower Bomber (e.g, grab).

I definitely need to experiment more with it, though. Maybe it has a hidden use. =)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yeah, the first hitbox seems to appear a lot earlier than the other Side-Bs. However, because of the limited range, Peach's other options always seem to be much better than Flower Bomber (e.g, grab).

I definitely need to experiment more with it, though. Maybe it has a hidden use. =)
It seems useful for shield pressure.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Flower Bomber comes out (notably) faster than the other two. I can confirm this because Uair Spike > Flower Bomber is a true combo whereas Uair Spike to the other Bombers aren't. Uair Spike leaves Peach at +10 so Flower Bomber comes out on frame 10 at most, but probably a bit lower around frame 8/9, since Uair spike > Flower Bomber's timing isn't very strict. Compared to Peach's Bomber 15 frames that's a lot faster.

Other than its start-up it doesn't have much going for it though, with the worst thing being the awful lag. If you miss you're left open right in front of your opponent and there's so much lag on this thing, they can probably even punish you with a slightly charged smash attack. Definitely not worth it considering the unfavorable risk-reward ratio here.

Fortunately it doesn't matter that much since Flying Bomber is amazing.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Flower Bomber comes out (notably) faster than the other two. I can confirm this because Uair Spike > Flower Bomber is a true combo whereas Uair Spike to the other Bombers aren't. Uair Spike leaves Peach at +10 so Flower Bomber comes out on frame 10 at most, but probably a bit lower around frame 8/9, since Uair spike > Flower Bomber's timing isn't very strict. Compared to Peach's Bomber 15 frames that's a lot faster.

Other than its start-up it doesn't have much going for it though, with the worst thing being the awful lag. If you miss you're left open right in front of your opponent and there's so much lag on this thing, they can probably even punish you with a slightly charged smash attack. Definitely not worth it considering the unfavorable risk-reward ratio here.

Fortunately it doesn't matter that much since Flying Bomber is amazing.
Can it be used for shield pressure? Also maybe it can be used for combos or just a poking tool. You can like chain 2-4 of them at 0%. Also maybe an OOS option? It also short hop autocancels

Last edited:
Top Bottom