• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Counter?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
I've heard rumors that young link counters peach, but the only matches i saw were of laijin and kirbstir, and i'm pretty sure peach won it pretty badly... is there a general consensus on this match up?? to me it seems young link has some good advantages, plenty of projectiles, pretty good kill for floaties (bomb to dair/anything else you can manage to dair) and is faster then peach on the ground/maneuvering the stages. what do you guys think?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
while YL has a bit of a edge on Peach, because of the things you listed, it is important to remember the tier list in times like this.

Peach, five.
Young Link... um... a lot lower.

Having just played one of the best Peach's in the world (Mike G) recently, I have a little thought on this match. YL -can- do well here, but Peach is still a **** incredible character when played exactly right. Float cancel **** on your shield is rough, cause YL can't shield grab her for ****. To add insult to injury, when Peach is floating right above the ground, the hookshot goes through her : (

You do outspam her which is nice. Bombs and Boomers lead to dair, uair, or tip nair kills at times. On the ground dsmash or ftilt are like your only kills besides the dreaded fsmash and those are all not too common against old Peachy.

Peach is just a better character, unfortunately. Face to face combat without projectiles, she wins. She will crouch cancel dsmash anything that isn't dair. She will Float cancel jab throw **** attack your shield, which is rough. Spot dodging becomes friggen impossible cause of her downsmash.

The only times you are really in a great position is when she is above you. She can't do much about uair. She will try to dodge around or up B or whatever, so just watch carefully and uair like a mad man. An obsessive mad man. wait wtf

Overall I would tell you on a standard, YL does beat Peach.
But when it comes to the highest potential, it's even, or if anything in Peach's favor just cause she's... Better >_<

... what am I saying, Young Link is the greatest!!!

hope this helped

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
k thx. my only prob with what you said is just because she's higher on the tier list doesn't necessarily mean she has a better match up over EVERYONE under her. ya know? characters do have bad matchups even if it is a low tier like y link. and i understand what your saying about her advantages too. dsmash is a *****, and she can shield pressure you pretty gay with float cancels and what not. but i still think if played right this can be a peach counter. and you were playing a very very good peach obviously, but in an equal skill'd fight thats what i'm asking about. :] thx for feed back tho

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Playing Peach against a good Young Link is actually quite annoying =/ Maneuvering around projectiles is difficult for Peach, and said projectiles will often lead into something else that kinda hurts. You need to stay close and keep up the shield pressure because Young Link will beat you if he keeps his distance and keeps up with the projectiles. But yea, I think playing against Young Link with Peach is hard :[

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Peach loses but I don't think it's as bad for Peach as Marth or Fox are. Marth's sword has anti-woman properties built into it to preserve his homo and Fox's blaster is anti-everything in general.

But to the relevance of the thread, maybe 60 / 40 in favour of YLink? Peach can screw him over pretty hard in close-range and unless you're on like Pokefloats it's not like Peach can't ever get to YLink.

Cia

das kwl
yeah, the match up is usually in YL's favor. but if the peach is good at cornering YL, he's going to lose. also, super fast peach's destroy him. Speed is the reason YL wins and if you take that from him, he's nothing.

D20

Smash Lord
The rumors are based on a couple of ancient matches between Caveman and Krazy Jones. Young Link does not counter Peach. The match up is fairly even, but Peach has too many options in the long run.

Top Bottom