• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PC Freebies (Round 2)

Purple

Hi guys!
GERTY & vVv ChiboSempai
Present...

PC Freebies

What is this?
Well young poke warrior, this is your everyday run of the mill tournament, the only difference is that you get FREE MONEY!!! You heard right, free money; I will transfer your winnings directly to you via paypal, with no money from you!. All you have to do is advertise this tournament to your friends to amp up the participation; the more people who enter, the more I might be willing to give in future events. ;).

This Tourney's prize pot : $10! (Wowzers!)

The ruleset is identical to Chibo's Slowbro Style tournament; note that any change happening in Slowbro Style's ruleset will also happen here.

General Rules

1. Generation 5
  2. OU Tier
  3. Dream World play (all DW abilities and moves are available)
  4. 1v1 6 pokemon each
  5. All sets are best of one
  6. Banned Pokemon: Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys-A, Dialga, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Zekrom
  7. Banned Abilities: Inconsistent
  8. Banned Items: Soul Dew
  9. Any other bans/restrictions placed by the OU Dream World Tier of the Pokemon Online server are also in effect
  10. Clauses: Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, Disallow Spects, Species Clause, Self-KO Clause
  11. Disallow Spects clause will be turned off for the grand finals
  12. You or your opponent can choose to turn the Time Clause on, by default it will be set to off
  13. Simulator: Pokemon Online
  14. Server: Pokemon Online Server
  15. You must save all logs

Bracket Play

1. Each round will last for 5 days
  2. Use the PM system on SWF to contact your opponent if you can't through other means such as AIM. Send all messages to your opponent also to me as proof to show you reaching out to your opponent.
  3. At some point during each 5 day round I will host a chat room for 2 hours for players to come in and expect to meet their opponents as a last ditch effort to play. This will take place either on the last day or second to last day of each period most of the time.
  4. In the event of a match not happening, the host will determine the winner based on proof of whose fault it was for the match not happening.
  5. This will be ran in a double elimination bracket created with Tio Tournament Organizer.

Contestant Details and How To Sign Up

To sign up post:
SWF Username
Time Zone
Pokemon Online Username

Contestants
Wave
Time Zone: CST
PO username: wavedash

choknater
pacific time zone (gmt-8)
PO username: choknater, choknaterz, choknaterzz, etc.

vVv ChiboSempai
EST
PO username: Chibo

The Real Gamer
EST
PO username: app1eseed

ss118
EST
PO username: ss118, articanus

Fuel-bee
EST
PO username: Fuel

IceArrow
EST
PO username: IceArrow

Riddle
EST
PO username: Riddle

Wrath`
EST
PO username: Wrath

Charmander
EST
PO username: charmander1065

Moozle
CST
PO username: Moozle

Landry
EST
PO username: Landry

PokemonMasterIRL
Pacific Time Zone (GMT 8).
PO username: PokemonMasterIRL

UltiMario
EST
UltiMario

Hilt
EST
Hilt

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Three week of sign-ups?

That's, well, incredibly long.

SWF Username: Wave
Time Zone: CST
PO Username: wavedash

You should probably mention whether or not Shadow Tag Shandera and Swift Drizzle are banned, since someone's going to ask.

Best of one, that's interesting

Purple

Hi guys!
Three week of sign-ups?

That's, well, incredibly long.
Btw, i made signups ridiculously long for a few reasons.

One, I'm going to add more money as time goes on.

Two, I want you (chibo) to get through your tournament (slowbro style) a good bit before ours starts.
I probably should have wrote it in this thread instead of the Snorlax room :(

Also I'm assuming you didnt' read it, this is basically a mimic of Chibo's rules; I'll ask him about that though and get it fixed in a jiffy :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
freakin awesome idea lol :)

choknater
pacific time zone (gmt-8)
PO username: choknater, choknaterz, choknaterzz, etc.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Very cool

vVv ChiboSempai
EST
Chibo

Anyone worried about playing in both of our events don't, cause my event will already be on like round 4 or something by the time this starts

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Gerty is officially cool now

The Real Gamer
EST
app1eseed

EDIT: And Wave's right you need to clarify about Drizzle + Swit Swim and Shadow Tag Shanderra.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll be clarifying them in my rules tonight which in turn means they will be clarified for this

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
To sign up post:
SWF Username: Fuel-bee
Time Zone: EST
Pokemon Online Username: Fuel

Free money just for entering? **** yeah

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm waiting for Ulti and Tery to come in here and start *****ing about the cue.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I really feel like smogon's rules need to be observed in this and any other tourney. They are clearly the authority of the competitive pokemon world, and any divergence from their rules is unnecessary at this point in my opinion.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If you don't like the way the tournament is currently being run or have discrepancies with the ruleset, just drop out. Chibo did that with Ubers Cup II (although he's back in now but that's beside the point), I'm sure others can, too.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
It's not that I mind the ban. Whatever they decide is fine.

I just don't get how they can argue rain is more broken than sand, since the 'educated' people voting are at the top of the ladder, and almost all of whom use sand.

Sand was a central part of Gen IV OU, but it wasn't broken. The effects of sand aren't as good as the effects of rain, but sand abusing pokemon are just plain BETTER on their own. Look at Garchomp. Look at Landlos. Look at TTar. Compare those to Kingdra, Ludicolo, and Politoed. Not looking at the effects of weather, they're clearly better pokemon.

Riddle

Smash Lord
A lot of people use rain on the top of the ladder from my experience. Good rain teams are very hard to beat. And Tery, its not a matter of that. I want to be in the tourney regardless, I just think making the rules more standardized would be better.

I really don't get why this ban is 'dumb'

Gates

Banned via Warnings
A no-weather tourney would be a cool idea. We should try it in the future.

Top Bottom