• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch v1.0.4 Changes to Shulk: Info Dump

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Shulk's smash art+d-smash KO's mario at the middle of FD at 95%. Someone with 1.0.3 do the same thing to compare?

Reports claim that Shield Shulk+rage KO's Falcon at 88% from "the other side of the map"
I've got 1.03. Down smash with smash art kills Mario at 98% from the middle of FD.

I've got 1.03. Down smash with smash art kills Mario at 98% from the middle of FD.
So there was a buff after all

Maybe a slight one. I think this is a product from Shulk's KB increase in vanilla in general

Alright @ Nammy12 Nammy12

Go on training against Mario in FD. Keep him in his starting position at training (Do not move him). Try KO'ing with Smash art+B throw

From that position, I can KO Mario with Smash b-throw at 147%. I b-throwed him off the edge btw (In other words, throw him to the nearer blast zone)

Last edited:
Did you set your % to 0?

Rage affects the KB

Make sure it's a "thunder" hit

Oh and can you run it on 1.03?

Last edited:

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I've been using Shulk for the past two hours and I've gotten an awful lot of rage quits. I'm not even that good, I guess people can't take the new Shulk.

I definitely also think they did something a little more to Smash Monado mode than just raise the damage percent, I don't remember it launching people quite like this before. Think it's what blows a lot of the aforementioned players' minds, needing to be worried about getting one hit KO'd by a landed Smash or Bair while being in the 80-100% range. Maybe it's just because those kill moves are so reliable now and not the monado itself.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I thought I read somewhere that rage doesn't work in training mode?
144% was the earliest I could get the thunder effect.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
This is interesting. Seems Fair has less landing lag. Definitely noticeable to me at least, and comboing into jabs pretty much confirmed it. And Smash seems to KO earlier, or have better knockback.

I don't know why they would give the character with the best ability to rack up damage (Buster) even more damage... But I will not complain. Guess Shulk saw the future, and the developers of Smash 4 were really feeling it. This is awesome, I was decent before, now I'm doing amazing.

This is interesting. Seems Fair has less landing lag. Definitely noticeable to me at least, and comboing into jabs pretty much confirmed it. And Smash seems to KO earlier, or have better knockback.

I don't know why they would give the character with the best ability to rack up damage (Buster) even more damage... But I will not complain. Guess Shulk saw the future, and the developers of Smash 4 were really feeling it. This is awesome, I was decent before, now I'm doing amazing.
Also.... Shulk takes 13% more damage instead of 20%. Thank god.

Also, lol at the buster damage output. It's practically 1.03 decisive buster

idk about knockback. I think Smash indeed got buffed in terms of KB but maybe it's possible that it's just because Shulk's moves got an overall KB buff. idk idk idk

Edit: Nope. Smash wasn't buffed. The KB boost and damage boost of Shulk's moves combined helps in increasing his KO power

Last edited:

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Wait they decreased the amount of damage he takes in Buster and Smash too?

Did that bleed through to Shield? Cause I dunno maybe I'm just inexperienced but it feels like it turns him into a damn rock at 140%.

Last edited:

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice

They want it to feel more satisfying for Shulk to say "THIS is the Monado's Power"

The Monado was always supposed to be this good, the way I see it.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I got home to test the Smash art with the final smash (which does the same damage)
222->222

There's no increase in knockback that Smash deals, it's just that the moves themselves that Smash will be effecting have higher damage. Should be the same deal for the other arts, except for Speed.

Last edited:
I put it in 60 fps and went through it frame by frame in sony vegas. Lets say at frame 0 both don't have their shield up. At frame 1 1.04 puts his shield up and at frame 7 1.03 puts his shield up.
Alright thanks for clarifying

So.... F-air has like 14 or 16 frames of landing lag then? idk

Last edited:

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Don't know the frame data, but I'm a bit iffy on whether Shulk needed that FAir buff (pretaining to the landing lag specifically). Both him and Ike got that buff, yet Shulk has more rediculous range (though not as beefy of damage compared to Ike's I suppose). Either way, its not game breaking, so I'll welcome it for now xD

Don't know the frame data, but I'm a bit iffy on whether Shulk needed that FAir buff (pretaining to the landing lag specifically). Both him and Ike got that buff, yet Shulk has more rediculous range (though not as beefy of damage compared to Ike's I suppose). Either way, its not game breaking, so I'll welcome it for now xD
Just guessing. If there's a 7 frame difference and 1.03 fair has 21 frames of landing lag then it's probably around ~14 frames of landing lag. I'm probably wrong. fml

The buff is pretty fine though. Maybe with buster, maybe it might prove to be a bit questionable but eeeeh.... I'll enjoy what I have

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So.... F-air has like 14 or 16 frames of landing lag then? idk
I'm not sure when landing lag starts (Is it when he first hits the ground and the dust appears?)
If so then he hits the ground (dust) on frame 1 and goes to shield on frame 20. This is for 1.04

Nammy. According to @Conda , the GIFs aren't synchronized

You might wanna check into this

Last edited:
Alright. Thinkaman double checked and confirmed it. The difference is very slight but noticeable.

The number of frames of landing lag? Who knows.

Not sure when the landing lag starts in the animation.

Last edited:

Monado Boy

Smash Cadet
From what I've seen Shulk really made off like a bandit in this patch. I guess you could say he's really stealing it?

:4shulk:Shulk's final change list

• Jab 1 deals 0.5% more damage
  • Jab 2 deals 0.5% more damage
  • Jab 3 deals 1% more damage
  • Dash attack deals 1% more damage
  • Dash attack's KB is 132 up from 126
  • U-smash beam deals 1% more damage
  • D-smash deals 1% more damage
  • D-tilt deals 1% more damage
  • D-tilt's KB is 112 up from 105
  • F-tilt deals 1% more damage
  • F-tilt's KB is 134 down from 136
  • U-tilt deals 1% more damage
  • U-tilt's KB is 122 up from 115
  • F-smash beam deals 1% more damage
  • F-smash's KB is 223 up from 215
  • U-air blade hit deals 1% more damage
  • U-air beam after blade hit deals 1% more damage
  • U-air beam hit deals 1% more damage
  • U-air's KB is 139 up from 131
  • D-air's first hit deals 1% more damage
  • D-air's KB is 124 up from 117
  • D-air's spiking hitbox has 102 KB up from 94
  • F-air deals 1% more damage
  • F-air's KB is 110 up from 102
  • B-air deals 1% more damage
  • B-air's KB is 139 up from 131
  • N-air deals 1% more damage
  • N-air's KB is 103 up from 95
  • Back slash's KB is 170 on the back up from 160
  • Air slash's first hit deals 1% more damage
  • Air slash's KB is 138 up from 137
  • Advancing air slash's first hit deals 1% more damage
  • B-throw deals 1% more damage
  • F-throw deals 1% more damage
  • F-throw's KB is 99 up from 98
  • U-throw deals 1% more damage
  • D-throw deals 1% more damage
  • D-throw's KB is 112 up from 111
  • Fair's landing lag is reduced
  • Buster's damage received is now x1.13 down from x1.2
  • Speed's damage modifier is now x0.8 from x0.72
  • F-smash's first hit has significantly less or zero knockback allowing it to connect more reliably
  • U-smash connects more reliably
  • DACUS is gone
Good job guys! Any other possible changes? Hitboxes might be placebo-ish but who knows? This is an awesome list of buffs. Pure damage and some improvements of his arts and smashes

@ Masonomace Masonomace

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I remember it did 13% damage near the hilt, but I'm only getting 12 all across the blade in training and 8 around the tip. Maybe I was just hallucinating before, because that hilt information isn't in the move list
In truth I did have the Hilt damage on the move-list table for a while listed as: B-air (Base / Hilt?) | 12%?, back then for v1.0.3 Shulk.

The problem was that I only saw this percentage occur once for 1.0.3 Shulk's B-air & it was during a real vs mode match where Fresh damage moves =/= Training Mode damages. So I took it off since I only ever saw 11% dealt in Training Mode with any area around from B-air's start-up, to it's active back-hitting Blade. I'll keep a look-out for the mysterious Base / Hilt damage that could be so.

EDIT: ALSO, I'm currently updating the OP as we speak, rest assurred.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:4shulk:Shulk's final change list

• Jab 1 deals 0.5% more damage
  • Jab 2 deals 0.5% more damage
  • Jab 3 deals 1% more damage
  • Dash attack deals 1% more damage
  • Dash attack's KB is 132 up from 126
  • U-smash beam deals 1% more damage
  • D-smash deals 1% more damage
  • D-tilt deals 1% more damage
  • D-tilt's KB is 112 up from 105
  • F-tilt deals 1% more damage
  • F-tilt's KB is 134 down from 136
  • U-tilt deals 1% more damage
  • U-tilt's KB is 122 up from 115
  • F-smash beam deals 1% more damage
  • F-smash's KB is 223 up from 215
  • U-air blade hit deals 1% more damage
  • U-air beam after blade hit deals 1% more damage
  • U-air beam hit deals 1% more damage
  • U-air's KB is 139 up from 131
  • D-air's first hit deals 1% more damage
  • D-air's KB is 124 up from 117
  • D-air's spiking hitbox has 102 KB up from 94
  • F-air deals 1% more damage
  • F-air's KB is 110 up from 102
  • B-air deals 1% more damage
  • B-air's KB is 139 up from 131
  • N-air deals 1% more damage
  • N-air's KB is 103 up from 95
  • Back slash's KB is 170 on the back up from 160
  • Air slash's first hit deals 1% more damage
  • Air slash's KB is 138 up from 137
  • Advancing air slash's first hit deals 1% more damage
  • Mighty air slash's first hit deals 1% more damage
  • B-throw deals 1% more damage
  • F-throw deals 1% more damage
  • F-throw's KB is 99 up from 98
  • U-throw deals 1% more damage
  • D-throw deals 1% more damage
  • D-throw's KB is 112 up from 111
  • Fair's landing lag is reduced
  • Buster's damage received is now x1.13 down from x1.2
  • Speed's damage modifier is now x0.8 from x0.72
  • F-smash's first hit has significantly less or zero knockback allowing it to connect more reliably
  • U-smash connects more reliably
  • DACUS is gone
Good job guys! Any other possible changes? Hitboxes might be placebo-ish but who knows? This is an awesome list of buffs. Pure damage and some improvements of his arts and smashes

@ Masonomace Masonomace
DACUS is still in though.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
Are you guys sure Dacus is gone?? Could have swore me or the other Shulk player I was facing did it at least once in one of our matches today post-patch.

Great list of buffs though.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
DACUS is heavily in the Yes / No loop. People are saying it's in, people are saying it's gone, & the one person I recall saying DACUS is GONE is someone who tried playing the WiiU & flat out said it's gone.

Honestly Idek at this point.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I did some updates on the final full change list m8
For the throws dealing +1% more damage, where is that 1% directed to? First hit or Second hit?

And oh my @ the KB increases @_@

Is the final say about Smash mode's KB increase true or false?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
DACUS is heavily in the Yes / No loop. People are saying it's in, people are saying it's gone, & the one person I recall saying DACUS is GONE is someone who tried playing the WiiU & flat out said it's gone.

Honestly Idek at this point.
Now see the exact opposite happened to me.

Friend say definitely yes.

Weird. I've been hearing news about it being removed
It's basically a "well **** what the hell is it" kind of thing.

monadoboyy

Smash Rookie
Were all this buffs really necessary? Don't get me wrong, I like and main Shulk but comparing to the nerfs and small buffs the rest of the roster received this was huge.

Top Bottom