• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

parents

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
so... the tourney tonight requires a parent to sign you in if you are under 18.

well... my bro is going to be taking me... so i won't be able to get one. do you think they're going to be really strict about it? i heard some gamestops aren't even really bothering with the whole sign-in thing.

if things go wrong, i could just be the kid that sits there and watches the whole time. i'm pretty good at doing that =\.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Can't you just get your mom to come quickly?
my parents are "away".

by the way, i turn 18 in october... do you think they'll really be so picky as to not let me sign myself in >_>?

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
You turn 18 in October? Then lie and say you're 18. You probably look like you could be, so nyah.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
If you win, they make an identity card for your next tournament. I wouldn't lie just because the possibility of being found out.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
You turn 18 in October? Then lie and say you're 18. You probably look like you could be, so nyah.
i kinda.... go there a lot.... and i happen to live in a fairly low-gaming community.......

and i do a lot of preordering, so that's a lot of "and your birth date?" "ten, twenty-five, ninety!"

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I'm 16 and My brother is 20 sooo....yeah. I'm just having my mom sign me in right quick. It sucks, it should be 13 and over. Not 18 and over. It's not like we're doing anything illegal or can injured past a sore finger or two >_<

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I know how you feel. I can't participate in the tournament (unless I find a GS that doesn't care about registration) because my mom has a busy schedule and won't have time to come sign me in. I always thought that was a really stupid idea. The game is rated T so it's not like we're not allowed to play the game, anyway...

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Have your parent write a note of acceptance. That's what my gamestop said...just bring in their signiture on a piece of paper that says you can play.

ThunderHero

Smash Apprentice
I'm 16 and My brother is 20 sooo....yeah. I'm just having my mom sign me in right quick. It sucks, it should be 13 and over. Not 18 and over. It's not like we're doing anything illegal or can injured past a sore finger or two >_<
It not due to the game, its due to the prize's that you could possibly win, aka a TV and money.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
I don't think mine requires it. I know it says so on the website but my friends that work at gamestop said you just have to be over 13...

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
I'm taking a friend and stopped by gamestop and they just gave me a waiver and told me to have his mom sign it so it shouldn't be that strict.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I just brought the registration form home for my dad to sign.

oh and btw older siblings do NOT count unless your parents have made them legal guardians of you. trust me i asked, my 20 year old bro is going with me.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
You want to know how picky they are? I turn 18 at midnight and I still need a parent to sign for me, and they wouldn't let me bring a registration form home. I'm so ****ing mad.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
You want to know how picky they are? I turn 18 at midnight and I still need a parent to sign for me, and they wouldn't let me bring a registration form home. I'm so ****ing mad.
Wow that REALLY sucks.

Top Bottom