• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's known attacks and what they do, likeliest base movesets, Lady Palutena's Final Smash

jigglover

Smash Lord
So Palutena has 12 Special Attacks to use, which you can apparently customize, however there must also be a base moveset. There is another threads saying "what do you want the base moveset to be" which is talking about which movesets you'll use. This is looking through the attacks and figuring out what the likeliest Base Movesets could be.

Special Moves and want we know about them:
Heavenly Light -- Neutral B or Down B -- It creates a fairly large area of light which rains down onto the stage. This does damage to opponents, but has no other affects such as knockback or hitstun or flinch. It's basically a much better version of Fox's Blaster from Melee.

Explosive Flame -- Side B -- A weaker, larger version of Zelda's Din's Fire which rather than targeting yourself by moving the control stick will automatically appear within a certain distance. Once again, it has little knockback or power, but will definitely do damage as it does have some.

Warp -- Up B or Side B -- Basically Zelda's Up B attack (I can't remember the name right now) but I don't think it does damage (doesn't have any graphical implications of dealing damage, but I can't prove this) and it is travelling along the ground here much better than Zelda's.

Rocket Jump -- Up B -- Think Diddy's Barrel Blast without the charging. Palutena just suddenly jumps up, which even though her enemies were standing right next to her gave them little knockback -- in fact, only to the edge of the "explosion" she created by jumping. It appears to do more damage than some other attacks, but that might just be because it's fire.

Reflect -- Neutral B or Down B -- It's Pit's Down B (that shield thing) in the way that it reflects all kinds of projectiles, it's also like the Franklin Badge. A major difference, to both, though, is that it actually hits and throws opponents away if it touches them. Another difference to Pit's shield is that Palutena can do other things after it appears.

Auto-Retticle -- Side B -- A more powerful version of Palutena's Explosive Flame, but with a much smaller range. However, it locks on to opponents in front of Palutena, and even if they move out of the way they get hit. It appears that you have to dodge or shield to avoid the attack, though this is unconfirmed.

Jump Glide -- Up B -- Is actually unique as far as I can remember. Palutena jumps up about, I would say, the distance of Charizard's Flare Blitz from Brawl, and then glides down in one direction smoothly.

Counter -- Neutral B or Down B -- Basically every other counter attack. Once again though, it appears to have MUCH less knockback than the FE counters, and possibly worse than Peach's Toad Spores thing. I'm thinking this does quite a bit of damage though, because it's a direct hit with her... staff?

Super Speed -- Side B -- Ike's Side B but once again, a lot weaker, and it doesn't stop upon contact. This one actually has decent knockback, though it's a vertical hit, which with the amount of knockback there will mean you can only KO at very high percentages with this.

Angelic Missile -- Side B -- Pikachu's Skull Bash and Luigi's Green Missile (COME ON THEY BOTH HAVE THE WORD MISSILE IN IT! GRAGH!). It doesn't seem too much weaker, however you don't need to charge for it (in the trailer the stance when the clip cuts to it is not charging, yet it flies). I'm thinking this is her first attack with serious amounts of knockback, albeit not that much compared to other characters, but it doesn't appear to deal much damage.

Celestial Fireworks -- Neutral B -- This is a powerful attack now, and is even unique! However, it has little range. We see in the trailer Luigi standing on the ground and an ember of fire lifting him up into the air, trapping him, until it suddenly explodes. This seems to make him pick up damage on the ascent, and then seriously send him flying with the powerful explosion, but the clip cuts before we see him take off. It could also be a fantastic way to start a combo, with actually very light knockback in the explosion at the top.

Lightweight -- Side B -- Uhh.... Palutena runs really fast. Faster than sonic running normally... does no damage and no knockback...

Black Hole & Mega Laser -- Final Smash -- Could Sakurai have really sneaked this in there? Well it does immense damage, and is clearly over-powered compared to everything else. No, Palutena does not have the Final Smash glow before starting the attack, but when the clip begins she has already started it! Basically a huge black hole appears, trapping characters inside it in the same pose as when they are getting battered in Ike's Great Aether, and then she calls out Mega Laser, which looks like a smaller, pink version of Samus' Zero Laser (less powerful as well, of course) which sends her opponents flying. This being a special attack is highly unlikely in my opinion.

Physical Attacks and what we know of them:
Up Smash:
Palutena's Up-Smash attack has an incredibly high reach. A notable thing about it is that it doesn't actually protect Palutena from above, but rather to the side of her, unlike other smash attacks. This could also be the first Up Smash to deal direct damage to the ground. It looks to be quite powerful, as you can see the Smash Ball in the picture they smashing, but it could have been on low health already.

Likely Base Movesets (will update some of your ideas with reasoning):
Neutral B -- Counter / Heavenly Light
Side B -- Super Speed
Down B -- Heavenly Light / Counter
Up B -- Rocket Jump
Final Smash -- Black Hole & Mega Laser

A lot of Palutena's moves appear to be defensive, which is where this base moveset gets it's likelihood. Counter is actually your main way of dealing damage, which is another form of protection. Super Speed is a nice fast bulldozing-type attack that moves swiftly but deals some damage and decent knockback along the way. Heavenly Light is also nice for racking up damage, but more inportantly, it has the best hitstun available to her, which is great for defensive play. Rocket Jump is going to be her recovery on all of them, since Jump Glide seems kinda suicidal and would be very difficult to control for a new player.

Finally, I mentioned it earlier, but:
Palutena's Final Smash?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZllwYnFwmA -- Go to 0:33
Black Hole & Mega Laser is not only the last "special attack" they showed, but Palutena does a dance like one you would expect in a final smash, and while she wasn't glowing before using it, when the clip cut to her, her dance was already being used. There was no chance of a button input there. It is also much more powerful than her other attacks shown off, and the characters stuck in the Black Hole are in the same position as they are in Ike's Final Smash, Great Aether, and (Toon) Link's Final Smash, that big... slashy... Triforce thing. I don't know what it's called! ;O; Anyway, not only are the characters in the Black Hole in the same position, the Mega Laser itself is reminiscent of Samus' Zero Laser, and actually moreso of a pink version of Lucario's Aura Burst from Brawl. Since the majority of Palutena's special attacks take inspiration from other similar attacks, I can see it being really quite likely that this is Lady Palutena's Final Smash. It takes so much inspiration from other Final Smashes, with things that actually don't appear in other special attack as far as I know...

Dash: She appears to float (like Mewtwo) across the stage. 1:47.
Taunt 1: Her halo and wings appear (seen in the video around 1:45 and in this pic shows that start-up).
Taunt 2: Just her halo appears.
Combo: A multi-hit magical attack with the end of her staff. At about 1:51.
Side Tilt: Palutena magically spins her staff in front of herself, multi-hit. About 1:50.
Dash Attack: Shield Bash. About 1:53.
Side Smash: Pillar of light, has incredible height. About 1:54. It could be her Down Smash.
Down Smash: Uses her wings to strike at downward angle in front of her. About 1:41. (Could be Down Tilt, I said Down Smash because it seems powerful, but I don't know Link's percentage so I can't really say.)
Neutral Air: Staff Spin, Palutena magically spins her staff in front of herself. About 1:56
Grab: Appears to hold them in place magically, she is not actively touching her opponent. About 1:52.
Back Throw: Kicks the opponent behind herself (the kick is very similar to Peach's Side Tilt). About 1:52.

So, what are your likeliest movesets for Lady Palutena? Anything you want to remedy on my assessment of what the moves do? And what do you think of Black Hole & Mega Laser? Could it really be her Final Smash?

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Heavenly Light -- Neutral B or Down B -- A weaker, wider ranged version of Pikachu's Thunder, in the way that it shoots down a beam of power from the top of the stage. It has minute knockback, but appears to have some and as such it is safe to assume that it does deal damage. It looks as if it has pretty good hitstun as well, which can't be said for lots of these other attacks.
I disagree with you strongly about the knock back and stun as neither Mario or Rosalina showed any signs of either those things. Mario makes a simple dash uneffected and Rosalina completes her uair?

Reflect -- Neutral B or Down B -- It's Pit's Down B (that shield thing) basically. Nothing more to say. >_>
It should also be noted that it hits little mac away and that the wall is made in front of Palutena, she not holding it which might mean she's not force to stand behind it. Because of the little anime clip I'm betting she will have this in her normal kit.

Auto-Retticle -- Side B -- A more powerful version of Palutena's Explosive Flame, but with a much smaller range.
At first glance it looks really dumb but after watching the clip a few more times I notice some things. First a yellow cone is made in front of Palutena which means this is it's range, next it 'lock on' peach, then peach moves away from the lock on zone but still gets hit. After seeing this and knowing we aren't going to be using the gamepad I think this move will be a auto lock on for everyone in front of Palutena and then a attack that has to be shielded or dodged. On hit I also think it will give Palutena the advantage so this could be a real combo starter.

Celestial Fireworks -- Neutral B -- This is a powerful attack now, and is even unique! However, it has little range. We see in the trailer Luigi standing on the ground and an ember of fire lifting him up into the air, trapping him, until it suddenly explodes. This seems to make him pick up damage on the ascent, and then seriously send him flying with the powerful explosion, but the clip cuts before we see him take off.
At first I didn't see why she had this as it looks underwhelming compared to so much of her other attacks.... but it might be one of her better moves. Watch the clip closely, after Luigi gets hit up with the first part he continuously get hit and raise by the explosions. It doesn't look like a single hitting move at all. Now watch the clip again and pay attention to Palutena, yup she starts up another attack, this move will be able to easily combo. It might even be the Zero suit dsmash of the air as what's stopping you from string two of these in a row?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Up B: Rocket Jump, Jump Glide, Warp
Side B: Lightweight, Super Speed, Angelic Missile
Down B: Celestial Fireworks, Counter, Reflect
Side B: Auto Reticle, Heavenly Light, Explosive Flame

HEAVENLYY LIGHT DOESNT DO ANYTHING WTF!??!

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Heavenly light will probably be exactly like it is in KI:U. It will have no knockback or stun, just dealing continuous damage to anyone in range.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
that seems underwhelming

and also bad
I agree, there's seem to be too much hype for this move. Oh and they are clearly taking damage as we can see the comic book style "pow" box (no idea what it's called) on Mario and Rosalina. Base on what we can see right now this move looks like crap as it locks Palutena down and due to the lack of knock back it wont keep her safe. So why, why would they add such a move?

As of right now I can only think of one thing (I forgot my 2nd idea, I'll edit post if I can think of it again >_<')
The move has a long start up before Palutena can move again but it will last for a extend period of time. This could mean a lot of things, it could be just a area of effect spell that continuous deal damage or it could also help buff Palutena in someway. We already have a character with a self inducing buff with the WFT why can't another character have this?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Not sure how you're figuring out how much knockback these moves have when we can't see damage meters.
I can't actually see any kind of flight either. I'm looking merely at graphic detail and smash's past -- all of these affects are assumptions based on fact, save for some, and now, Heavenly Light.

Thank you, @ Tristan_win Tristan_win , I'll edit the OP now. I guess with Heavenly Light I was trying to see what wasn't there and give it some kind of decent affect 9_9!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Base on what we can see right now this move looks like crap as it locks Palutena down and due to the lack of knock back it wont keep her safe. So why, why would they add such a move?
clearly it is for teams

For a competitive standpoint I think that the best combination will be:

Auto reticule
Jump Glide
Super Speed
Counter/Reflect/Celestial Fireworks (all look pretty good)

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Part of me wondered if her attacks will be all specials. Up-A, Side-A, Neutral-A, Down-A will all have special, but different, attacks just as Up-B, Side-B, Neutral-B, and Down-B.

...But I don't know how realistic that is. I know Sakurai said that Lady Palutena will be a "different" kind of fighter. Was there anything that confirmed her moves would be customizable?

(After hearing Pit call her "Lady Palutena" so often, I feel obligated to do the same out of respect/admiration...Embarrass)

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
My predictions:

Up B: Warp, Rocket Jump, Jump Glide
B: Heavenly Light, Auto-Retticle, Celestial Fireworks
Side B: Explosive Flame, Super Speed, Angelic Missle
Down B: Reflect, Counter, Lightweight

or..
Up B: Warp, Rocket Jump, Jump Glide
B: Heavenly Light, Auto-Retticle, Celestial Fireworks, Explosive Flame
Side B: Explosive Flame, Super Speed, Angelic Missle, Lightweight
Down B: Reflect, Counter, Lightweight Heavenly Light

Those make the most sense imo. as for what I think her base moveset will be...
Up B: Warp
B: Auto-Retticle
Side B: Super Speed
Down B: Reflect

I think Reflect is sure to be one of her base moves since it was featured in the reveal trailer. Warp also just seems the most Goddess-like out of her Up-B options. Idk. the other two are just guesses :z

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
How do we know she'll have a base moveset? For all we know her specials could be changed ranomly every time you enter the character selection screen (until you pick the ones you want).

jigglover

Smash Lord
How do we know she'll have a base moveset? For all we know her specials could be changed ranomly every time you enter the character selection screen (until you pick the ones you want).
Her having the base moveset is just speculation, like your randomly selecting moves is just speculation, but most of us think it's pretty likely for the people who don't like Lady Palutena's gimmick.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Her having the base moveset is just speculation, like your randomly selecting moves is just speculation, but most of us think it's pretty likely for the people who don't like Lady Palutena's gimmick.
I get what you're saying but I want people to get over that. It just seems close minded and stubborn to not even give custom moves a chance when they're clearly going to play a big role in the next game.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
There's a few reasons we should expect her to have a base moveset:

The customizable movesets fundamentally change the game to an extent; they turn it into guessing which moveset your opponent will have instead of knowing and learning a character's definite set. This isn't good or bad (I think it'll be fun), but in random online For Glory matches, (and I expect in half of the tournaments) people will want everyone to have a base moveset so as not to change the game in this way. It also changes tiers constantly; with fixed movesets, the tiers are always developing but ultimately they'll end up pretty definite. With customizable movesets, Palutena with Lightweight might have an advantage over Sonic perhaps, but then if Sonic chooses X special move he'll have an advantage over Palutena. I think this kind of rock-paper-scissors will be fun! But, that fun will probably, and ought to be, kept separate from the fun to be had with tournaments using only fixed movesets. The developers would definitely want Palutena to be playable in the same mode as everyone else, and since customizable movesets aren't allowed in For Glory, they'd surely assign a base moveset to her rather than cut her from that online mode completely

So, basically we can assume she'll have one, in order to prevent that randomness from being a factor in ranked gameplay.
(And, I think that custom movesets are fun and there will definitely be a specific, separate tournament scene that allows them)

Last edited:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Blah blah blah well thought out stuff
Well you've made you're case quite well for a base moveset and I'm now inclined to agree. I still really want tournaments to embrace custom moves as I believe they'll greatly deepen the meta game.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well you've made you're case quite well for a base moveset and I'm now inclined to agree. I still really want tournaments to embrace custom moves as I believe they'll greatly deepen the meta game.
I hear what you're saying, but it would eventually come down to the character with the best physical moves. People will just build identical "custom" special sets in the end which have been tried and tested to be quite simply the best set.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I hear what you're saying, but it would eventually come down to the character with the best physical moves. People will just build identical "custom" special sets in the end which have been tried and tested to be quite simply the best set.
Except the best set against Fox could be completely different against Marth.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
That's another issue. Someone like Palutena would be"OP" because she would get a positive matchup against every single character without a base moveset.
While that could happen, I doubt it will be the case since none of her specials seemed particularly good (outside of her final smash). Only time will tell how it all works out.

Last edited:

Godofgreen

Smash Rookie
Heavenly light will probably be exactly like it is in KI:U. It will have no knockback or stun, just dealing continuous damage to anyone in range.
Maybe . . . since it's called heavenly light, it also slowly heals allies in the radius. If the heal was slow enough I'd see it as a helpful and balanced move. But that's just my guess.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Heavenly Light is definitely Palutena's Neutral Special. Kirby confirms this. Think about it.

Explosive Flame would be her Side Special:

Warp would maybe be Up Special

Rocket Jump might actually be Down Special

I'm not saying this for sure, but if you go and watch the video, there may be a pattern to the order of the special moves shown, therefore Neutral Special, Side Special, Up Special, Down Special in order from first to last. Also, the above special moves mentioned are what I believe to be her default special moveset (first 4 shown in the video).

Neutral Special: Heavenly Light (Default), Reflect, Super Speed
Side Special: Explosive Flame (Default), Auto Reticle, Angelic Missile
Up Special: Warp (Default), Jump Glide, Celestial Fireworks
Down Special: Rocket Jump (Default), Counter, Lightweight

Final Smash: Black Hole + Mega Laser

Taking a second look at the list, I could see a switch between Super Speed and Auto Reticle, and another switch between Celestial Fireworks and Rocket Jump. But who knows really at this point? The video could have just shown the special moves in no fixed order, though I would think that it would be less confusing for the viewers and speculators to show the moves in an ordered way.

Anyway, just my 2 rupees.

Last edited:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
My guess for Lady Palutena's default set:

-B: Heavenly Light
-UpB: Rocket Jump
-SideB: Explosive Flame
-DownB: Reflect

I hope that custom movesets can be used in competitive play (of course I'm not talking about "with anyone" mode). Pretty sure there will be overused sets because some moves will be more consistent/superior than the others. But It could make the game more interesting for a lot of players... Heck, you can tweak the specials in a way it suits your game style. A character with so many different options like Palutena could be a character that many will choose to play their way.

In tournaments there should be restrictions about when to customize. Something like this... Before the first match of the tourny is even played, you should be allowed to set the movesets of the characters you are going to use. And IMO that should be the only moment to customize. But well, customized movesets should be tested first (if a combination of moves creates a broken character I'll be the first one to be against it).

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
In tournaments there should be restrictions about when to customize. Something like this... Before the first match of the tourny is even played, you should be allowed to set the movesets of the characters you are going to use. And IMO that should be the only moment to customize. But well, customized movesets should be tested first (if a combination of moves creates a broken character I'll be the first one to be against it).
If they're allowed than I think they should treat custom moves as separate characters. As in winner can change they're character or moves and then loser can change their character or moves.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Be able to change the movesets in-between battles sounds cool too. Could be time consuming and tedious going back and forth in the menus to customize stuff tho.

If people don't like so much versatility or problems show up, setting your moveset before the tourny is an excellent option IMO.

D

Deleted member

-Neutral B: Heavenly Light
-Up B: Rocket Jump
-Side B: Explosive Flame
-Down B: Reflect

She used reflect in the trailer to stop link, so that why I think it's her default down b.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm going to try to place what moves we've seen (not just specials).

Dash: She appears to float (like Mewtwo) across the stage. 1:47.
Taunt 1: Her halo and wings appear (seen in the video around 1:45 and in this pic shows that start-up).
Taunt 2: Just her halo appears.
Combo: A multi-hit magical attack with the end of her staff. At about 1:51.
Side Tilt: Palutena magically spins her staff in front of herself, multi-hit. About 1:50.
Dash Attack: Shield Bash. About 1:53.
Side Smash: Pillar of light, has incredible height. About 1:54. It could be her Down Smash.
Down Smash: Uses her wings to strike at downward angle in front of her. About 1:41. (Could be Down Tilt, I said Down Smash because it seems powerful, but I don't know Link's percentage so I can't really say.)
Neutral Air: Staff Spin, Palutena magically spins her staff in front of herself. About 1:56
Grab: Appears to hold them in place magically, she is not actively touching her opponent. About 1:52.
Back Throw: Kicks the opponent behind herself (the kick is very similar to Peach's Side Tilt). About 1:52.
Standard Special: Heavenly Light, Celestial Fireworks, Auto Reticle
Side Special: Explosive Flame, Super Speed, Angelic Missile
Down Special: Reflect, Counter, Lightweight
Up Special: Rocket Jump, Jump Glide,Warp
Final Smash: Black Hole + Mega Lazer

As for which 4 Specials are default it's probably the first 4 that were shown.

Last edited:
I like the attention to detail going on in this thread! Before I peeked inside, I wanted to sort out her specials without too much influence. Here's what I came up with; I invite anyone to compare and contrast with their ideas.

|Variation 1|Variation 2|Variation 3
Standard Special​
|Autoreticle|Celestial Firework|Lightweight
Up Special​
|Warp|Rocket Jump|Jump Glide
Side Special​
|Super Speed|Angelic Missile|Explosive Flame
Down Special​
|Counter|Reflect Barrier|Heavenly Light
  • Standard- and side-specials can be tough to distinguish. Typically, if it propels the character sideways, it's probably a side special, so that was the reasoning I used.
    • As for Lightweight, I think the move boosts her dash speed and possibly air speed for a given time, rather than being an attack that propels her.
  • I put Explosive Flame as a side special since it looks like Zelda's move.
  • The up specials seem fairly obvious.
  • Counter and Reflect Barrier were pretty clear down-special candidates since so many other characters do that. Heavenly Light, if memory serves, was not a directly damaging move so I placed it as a down special; maybe it absorbs projectiles like Ness can.
Edit - Upon rewatching her trailer, Warp looks like it could be a side special, but my (admittedly baseless) assumption was that it's an up special with the direction set by which way you're tilting the stick.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Counter? As a base Down Special? Oh my god no. If it's not Reflect, which was literally the only special she used in the Anime trailer, (and also before Counter when she was actually showing off her attacks.) I'll main a Mii Swordfighter. Bleh. Greninja's got a counter, Mac has a counter, Ike/Marth still have one (Please don't give Chrom one at all by the way.) There's enough Counters where she doesn't need that as a base.

PLEASE.

That said, I'm inclined to think it's this:

:GCB: - Heavenly Light
:GCR: - Explosive Flame
:GCU: - Warp
:GCD: - Reflect Barrier

Except for Rocket Jump, which was used right before Reflect, I think this is supposed to be the default set. Wasn't there a picture of Kirby raising the staff, which indicates to me he was doing Heavenly Light? (It could be Fireworks, but I...don't think so.)

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I was about to rush in here and point out Kirby's staff is raised the same way Palutena does when summoning heavenly light, but someone beat me to the pointsl

I still think Celestial Fireworks is an up-tilt.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
if light weight does no damage or knockback then why is it considered a move?
it seems best suited for her dashing speed.

i see heavenly lights more as an up smash, and holy pillar as an up tilt.

the rest is all up for debate.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
if light weight does no damage or knockback then why is it considered a move?
it seems best suited for her dashing speed.

i see heavenly lights more as an up smash, and holy pillar as an up tilt.

the rest is all up for debate.
It's possible lightweight does damage. I mean, Sonic does his animation for spotdodging as Palutena passes him in the trailer if I recall correctly.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
These are mine personal opinions thus far:

Explosive Flame - I am hoping we will at least be able to manipulate the horizontal distance at which the flame detonates. That would definitely make it more useful.
Heavenly Light - I really just like this move for its wide range. I just hope Palutena is not forced to remain stationary throughout the entire move, as it will make her vulnerable to anyone willing to take some damage. Perhaps they could either give her Super Armour frames, or allow her to cancel the move at any time.
Auto Reticle - In terms of controlling, I am hoping this move will be a more flexible version of Din's Fire. I really do not like the idea of automatically locking onto the nearest opponent, as you could end up locking on someone you did not want to. What I would like is for this move to NOT lock on unless you tell it to lock on, such as by pressing the special button again.
Reflect - I pretty much like this move as is thus far. I am hoping it will be one of her default moves.
Warp - I am pretty much satisfied with this move as well; it is quick and travels a good distance. I just hope we will be able to control the direction in which she teleports.

For the most part, none of her other special moves interest me much.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
It's possible lightweight does damage. I mean, Sonic does his animation for spotdodging as Palutena passes him in the trailer if I recall correctly.
it would be a first if a dash does damage.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Ike's dash attack in Brawl does damage...
All Dash Attacks do damage. Plus, it's a special (I think) not a normal Dash or Dash Attack. It's more comparable to Fox Illusion (if anything) another damaging dash Special.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think her up-B is the rocket jump, her down B would be the reflector, side B would be her Luigi rocket and neutral B would either be the fire ball or that lock-on move.

I like that Sakurai showed her custom moves in the trailer but at the same time I hate it because it confuses the hell out of me lol, I don't even know if I should trust the Pac-Man trailer or future newcomer trailers.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Heavenly Light might work like Wario's Waft. You know, it builds up power over time.

Top Bottom