• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's Guidance teasing KI:Uprising sequel?

Quillion

Smash Hero

Lookie here! It looks like there's a place for Kid Icarus to go after Uprising. Dark Pit is working for Viridi, but only because their interests overlap.

A Kid Icarus game with the same gameplay as Uprising but with the choice of a Pit story and a Dark Pit story would be amazing.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I noticed this as well and would love the idea of being able to play both sides and having one huge finale story, kind of like Sonic Adventure 2, but Sakurai himself stated that Kid Icarus will not be getting another game any time soon.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I noticed this as well and would love the idea of being able to play both sides and having one huge finale story, kind of like Sonic Adventure 2, but Sakurai himself stated that Kid Icarus will not be getting another game any time soon.
Not made by him, anyway...

He'll want to move onto something new after both KI and Smash, but I assure you, he's going to leave some staff behind to work on post-release content for Smash, and the next game doesn't have to be made by Sora Ltd. as long as Nintendo holds the rights.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Not made by him, anyway...

He'll want to move onto something new after both KI and Smash, but I assure you, he's going to leave some staff behind to work on post-release content for Smash, and the next game doesn't have to be made by Sora Ltd. as long as Nintendo holds the rights.
That's true, but he even mentioned that he doesn't expect anyone else to pick it up soon either. And no, it wouldn't have to be made by Sora Ltd. as long as they manage to stay true to what Uprising was.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I would certainly be up for another Kid Icarus game! Uprising was brilliant! That conversation certainly gives hope to that possibility...

finalark

SNORLAX
As long as it's playable by southpaws like myself and I don't have to watch a lets play to enjoy the game I'm down for it.

I'm actually surprised that Sakurai said that there were no plans for any more Kid Icarus games. Especially with how much love Nintendo has been giving the series lately.

Ultrachaos547

Smash Rookie
sakurai is definitely no man of of his word. remember when he said that smash 4 would have less characters than brawl? im not sure if does it to intentionally mislead people or he just changes his mind, but he sure doesn't stick to what he says.

I would definitely love a new KI game. the first uprising was a really great game, but it could've used some more polish in the writing and pacing departments. If there was a sequel, I would love to see more levels with dark pit, magnus, or even palutena as playable characters.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
sakurai is definitely no man of of his word. remember when he said that smash 4 would have less characters than brawl? im not sure if does it to intentionally mislead people or he just changes his mind, but he sure doesn't stick to what he says.

I would definitely love a new KI game. the first uprising was a really great game, but it could've used some more polish in the writing and pacing departments. If there was a sequel, I would love to see more levels with dark pit, magnus, or even palutena as playable characters.
He said less newcomers. Which was correct.

If he works on the sequel to KIU, it'll probably be out of obligation to control the series like with Smash here. Although he's pulling the strings through Smash already. I'd give it a 50-50 chance of him doing anything significant to the new KI.

Ultrachaos547

Smash Rookie
Man, the people here will be so disappointed. Seriously, so many people are letting their hype way too high.
There ain't really that much hype to begin with. I think the general consensus is that "a sequel would be neat". I don't think that anyone's too confident that there's gonna be sequel

finalark

SNORLAX
Man, the people here will be so disappointed. Seriously, so many people are letting their hype way too high.
Until people start treating a potential fourth Kid Icarus game the way they treat a potential third Chrono game I doubt people will be disappointed.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, I just hope they can at least put a sequel into consideration even though Sakurai stated that it won't be happening soon.

I guess only time will tell.

sageoflight

Smash Cadet
it's really disappointing he said there won't be a sequel. i really loved uprising and the characters in it,and just the world in general tbh. (although some of the controls could have gotten polished more)

possibly in later years someone will make a new one? maybe.

Top Bottom