• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pakman's Luigi Match up Thread vs Doc is up

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Doing the meteor dair is quite difficult to do on purpose. You would have to get the perfect spaced wavedash from the ledge to hit the meteor dair hitbox before sheik gets out of her UP+B stun. Dair --> edgehog is generally a better option.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If that's the case, would it be possible to Nair --> Dair her off as an alternative? I don't see her being able to CC your Nair for a particularly long time, since it's so ridiculously strong and stuff, and again it tacks more damage. You don't really have to do perfect ledgedash either for it if she goes into the stage, you just have to go past her by a bit and land the Nair as you're FFing and just about to hit the ground so you can follow her no matter where she goes...

At some percents like 50 she can recover if she DIs after Dair properly without needing her Up+B and just air-dodging or even just jumping >__>

So I was thinking more damage = yay and more chances to botch DI = yay. But maybe I'm thinking to much like a Sheik, where it's nothing but greed and combos and greed and more combos and greed...

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
The only issue I see with this is timing. After Sheik explodes she can either
A.) go up and trick you and try and grab the ledge or
B.) she can go on the stage.

A.) You either have to ftilt or grab the ledge.
B.) you gotta get her off stage before she gets back from the up+b landing lag

So since we cannot know that the sheik will be on the stage we have to prepare for both (standing from the ledge instead of rolling) at a cost of time. So if sheik lands on stage you aren't in the greatest position so it takes a little more time to get to her. if sheik is at mid high percent you need to hit a non sweet spotted nair (more time).

All that time is usually enough for a sheild. So you can either hit the dair, or the sweet spotted nair, but generally not both because sheik can jump out or nair out before you can dair.

nublet06

Smash Lord
If that's the case, would it be possible to Nair --> Dair her off as an alternative? I don't see her being able to CC your Nair for a particularly long time, since it's so ridiculously strong and stuff, and again it tacks more damage. You don't really have to do perfect ledgedash either for it if she goes into the stage, you just have to go past her by a bit and land the Nair as you're FFing and just about to hit the ground so you can follow her no matter where she goes...

At some percents like 50 she can recover if she DIs after Dair properly without needing her Up+B and just air-dodging or even just jumping >__>

So I was thinking more damage = yay and more chances to botch DI = yay. But maybe I'm thinking to much like a Sheik, where it's nothing but greed and combos and greed and more combos and greed...
it would be very easy for the sheik to DI away from the ledge not allowing you to follow up with the dair and completely wasting your oppurtunity to continue the edge gaurd.

it would be better to grab if you were looking to add damage, but either way dairing off the stage is just better and you should always get sheik off the stage if possible.

Pakpak

Smash Cadet
i was looking for a thread like this! thanks!

any chance for a ganon and/or yoshi match up?
i play against these characters a lot, and luigi's starting to be my secondary.

tyty in advance ^-^

nytcrawler

Smash Rookie
Thanks for getting me back up again. i love this thread, you should add videos of maybe luigis on stages that are good counterpicks against the opponent.

Top Bottom