• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacmans recovery is a Pro and a con

regularkid123

Smash Cadet
Ok so i was playing mewtwo on FG Shadow ball pacman fell off coming down shadow ball under his jump thing and he tryed to jump back up it made him bounce dow to the KO point and he died i never knew pacmans recovery would do that lol i saved the whole thing on my 3ds it is GOLD

Last edited:

regularkid123

Smash Cadet
In short.....The pac-man player basically ended up under his jump pad thingy and jumped downward instead of upward

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
I can most likely sum up Pac's recovery in two factors - risk, and reward.

In Pac-Man's case, the risk of his recovery is somewhat average.

- Trampoline has a hitbox when attacking, although is somewhat predictable to gimp overall due to it's overall length to get maximum potential.
- Pellet can be dropped via an enemy attack or projectile, therefore preventing Pac from recovering using Side B.
- Another thing about Side B, it can be annoying trying to recover to the ledge with it, due to the possibility of hitting it as if you didn't tech it.
- Once again, another thing about Side B - it has super armour when Pac is trying to consume the Pellet. Super armour is always good, and it can even be used to KO.

For reward though, it's pretty high.
- The insane vertical height and great horizontal length that the 3rd Trampoline bounce has to offer.
- Power Pellet provides great recovery within all angles, playing well with his versatility.
- Power Pellet also does not render Pac helpless at all, therefore Pac can use two different recoveries at a single time.

Also, what this guy said was definitely wierd.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Guys he mean the trampolene broke and killed his opponent.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Mario's gust cape kills Pac-Man's recovery but I guess customs is a different discussion.

Top Bottom