• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man Stage Analysis/Discussion (Open Discussion)

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
You have all brought up some very good points :awesome:
Pac-Man is capable of dominating this stage.
I would go in with 2122, on-fire hydrant
Freaky Cherry is literally perfect for the first phase for edge guarding/spacing. My main goal during the first phase is to keep my opponents off stage for gimp opportunities. Our recovery with side-B and trampoline gives us very powerful recovery options. Only thing I do not like are the low ceilings, just something to be careful of.
As for the second phase, I personally don't like it no matter what character I play so my opinion is irrelevant. Camp as much as you want to.
3rd phase is basically FD, spam fruit and hydrant and the stage is yours.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
Ah and that concludes week 2 of our stage discussion. Sorry for the delay in updating the thread. Nevertheless, we shall move forward.
Stage Name: Castle Siege
Rating: Favorable
Recommended Custom Move Sets: Default (1111), 2122, 3122
Difficult Matchups: None in Particular​
For a more in-depth analysis...(note: some quotes were condensed, special thanks to @ fromundaman fromundaman for this excellent summary. :b:
Assume in every post I make that I am talking about our default moveset.
1st phase:
-Slanted surface. This is ALWAYS an advantage. We can easily regrab Galaga, Strawberry, Melon and Apple. Z-dropped fruits get horizontal movement when dropped on the slant. Interesting bounces on fruits and hydrants (Keep in mind Orange does not bounce off of slants but will stay active and follow the slant along the ground when thrown).

During this part of the stage both platforms are low enough for Usmashes to go through, and fruit/hydrant bounces to reach. They are also low enough that Fair>Hydrant will bring us on top of the platform, so keep that in mind.

The slant in the middle is what allows us to control pretty much everything.
A Z-dropped fruit on that slant controls the area below the left platform. If you have a Hydrant down there, when the fruit hits it, it will bounce up to the platform, controlling some of that space too.
If you Z-drop a fruit in this same situation while a water blast is coming out, your fruit will be gushed back to the right side, controlling that area.

This alone controls most of the screen without launching a hydrant, actually throwing a fruit or placing a trampoline.
Once you mix all of those in, the entire stage is yours to command.
For example, put a trampoline by the ledge: Bam, the entire area below the platform near that ledge is now off limits and they are forced to recover above the platform. Murder them for this as there is no longer a guessing game at all.
-Low platforms allow Usmash launched hydrant when the hydrants are on the platform and you are below. This launches it at an interesting angle, so that's useful too (Can also be done on BF and Lylat, though on BF it's kind of less useful since it hits the top platform).
-Small-ish blast zones. When combined with our stage control on this phase, this becomes a boon as we pretty much control the match then kill whenever we want on this phase.
2nd phase:
-This is the camping phase. Hydrants, Keys, Galaga and bell all go through the statues. Abuse this heavily.
-Galaga, Melon, Apple, and Strawberry are all easily regrabbed off of the slanted top platforms. The first 3 in this list can be useful for instant launching the hydrant (I am refering to the instant redrop tactic I put in the social thread the other night).
-My personal strategy for this phase is to camp with keys and hydrants, constantly launching the hydrants. They will attempt to camp the platforms on top of the statues, but within 6-8 hydrants you will knock both of those out, turning the stage into another FD.
The issue with this is that you are going to completely scale your hydrant. On the plus side, it means other moves that would usually be to stale to kill like Nair and Bair are back to full kill power. Also even staled out, hydrant is powerful, and opponents are still going to try to stay far from it.

3rd phase:

-Tilts everywhere. Abuse this and make things bounce in unpredictable ways.
-Be very aggressive offstage. This form has a huge offstage area, and due to the tilts a lot of characters have some issues recovering, so make their job of recovering that much harder.
-This is basically a tilting FD. It has all of the advantages of FD with the added benefits of the two above factors.
-Hide trampolines: Due to the rapid tilting, you can throw a trampoline down, have the stage cover it, then tilt again to put it back in the opponents way again before it disappears. This is pretty situational, but once they've been punished for hitting a hidden tramp, they will think twice about approaching any place you recently put one down, especially since most people won't know exactly how long those last.

Transitions:
-Dthrow on top of where pits are going to be is pretty much a suicide throw.
-Throwing fruits as the transition appears/disappears changes the way they act. As transitions appear, the ground will rush up and grab the item, allowing you to regrab it (I actually need to test if this will work with key). As the transition disappears, it will cause the fruit to have a downwards diagonal angle compared to it's usual trajectory. This is most visible with the melon, which controls the a large portion of the stage when thrown this way.
-If a transition comes up and grabs a launched hydrant, the hydrant will bounce in place, acting as a wall, regardless of it's previous trajectory, so long it was close enough to the ground for the transition's floor to reach it. I haven't messed with this one as much as I probably should.
That concludes Castle Siege !

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
Week 3: Delfino Plaza

Don't let the colorful scenery distract you, this stage is no vacation.

You have one week, April 5th to April 12th to discuss !

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Stage Name: Delfino 'Mike Ross' Plaza
Recommended Custom Sets: Abstain, but my remarks below presume Default Fruit.
Difficult Matchups: Robin (list not exhaustive, but I can only speak on this one)

Overview:

A good stage for Pac-Man since most of the transitions are good for him, and those that aren't are merely 'okay.' Several of them have slants you can use to collect various fruit for z-dropping purposes with ease. Some have on-stage walls, making for easy key collection for this same purpose. The ones with platforms have them at heights that usually won't interfere with z-drop strategies or other things Pac likes to do.

There are one or two transitions that DO cause said issues due to their platforms being both lowly placed and in the center of the map, but they tend to not last very long.

You might wonder why I listed Robin as a problem. She likes this stage because some of its transitions let her camp a wall. She can charge up Thunder as desired, and if you come at her she'll either light the wall on fire or Levin Sword U-Air you. You can bring her here if you want, but remember that if you see her standing next to a wall... you might want to just back off and collect a fruit, then wait for the stage to shift or start z-dropping keys at her.

It should be noted the hydrant can do some pretty silly stuff by ricocheting off walls. ESPECIALLY the section where you're fighting on grass/stone pillars surrounded by water.

All in all I would recommend Delfino for Pac-Man, as it offers many of the same benefits Skyloft does and is more widely accepted in tournament circles.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
Stage Name: Delfino 'Mike Ross' Plaza
Recommended Custom Sets: Abstain, but my remarks below presume Default Fruit.
Difficult Matchups: Robin (list not exhaustive, but I can only speak on this one)

Overview:

A good stage for Pac-Man since most of the transitions are good for him, and those that aren't are merely 'okay.' Several of them have slants you can use to collect various fruit for z-dropping purposes with ease. Some have on-stage walls, making for easy key collection for this same purpose. The ones with platforms have them at heights that usually won't interfere with z-drop strategies or other things Pac likes to do.

There are one or two transitions that DO cause said issues due to their platforms being both lowly placed and in the center of the map, but they tend to not last very long.

You might wonder why I listed Robin as a problem. She likes this stage because some of its transitions let her camp a wall. She can charge up Thunder as desired, and if you come at her she'll either light the wall on fire or Levin Sword U-Air you. You can bring her here if you want, but remember that if you see her standing next to a wall... you might want to just back off and collect a fruit, then wait for the stage to shift or start z-dropping keys at her.

It should be noted the hydrant can do some pretty silly stuff by ricocheting off walls. ESPECIALLY the section where you're fighting on grass/stone pillars surrounded by water.

All in all I would recommend Delfino for Pac-Man, as it offers many of the same benefits Skyloft does and is more widely accepted in tournament circles.
Thank you for this input!
I'll be honest, this thread is dying.
Every stage is now open to discussion!
Have at it Pac-Mains! Remember, this thread is only going to be beneficial for tournaments, so please try add anything you can to any tournament legal stage.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
At the risk of a stupid question, can we get a list of legal stages? Including ones that are allowed in some notable regions, but not all?

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
EVO 2015 Tournament legal Stages
Duck Hunt (discussed)
Castle Siege (discussed)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

Other Stages
Skyloft
Pilot Wings
Kongo Jungle (doubles?)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (3v3 or 4v4)
Norfair (3v3 or 4v4)
Yoshi's Island (3DS)

Please also refer to the OP for more info :)

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Interesting. Where is Pilot Wings legal? I thought it was banned due to the ease of camping the lower platforms/wheels of the planes? That said, if you do find an environment where it's legal then the stage seems nice for Pac; slopes and on-stage walls for getting fruits.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
EVO 2015 Tournament legal Stages
Duck Hunt (discussed)
Castle Siege (discussed)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

Other Stages
Skyloft
Pilot Wings
Kongo Jungle (doubles?)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (3v3 or 4v4)
Norfair (3v3 or 4v4)
Yoshi's Island (3DS)

Please also refer to the OP for more info :)
Note that Pyrosphere is also perfectly legal when enough players are on it.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
Pilot WIngs is not legal per say, but I do know that some players are fighting for it to be legal
@ Pacack Pacack completely forgot, thank you!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Pilot WIngs is not legal per say, but I do know that some players are fighting for it to be legal
@ Pacack Pacack completely forgot, thank you!
No problem. I only remembered myself because I saw DK Will do fantastically there. They added a bunch of highly handicapped computers, gave themselves one more stock than normal, added thirty seconds on the timer, took the CPU's out, and then they waited until time to start. How they did that caught my attention.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
No problem. I only remembered myself because I saw DK Will do fantastically there. They added a bunch of highly handicapped computers, gave themselves one more stock than normal, added thirty seconds on the timer, took the CPU's out, and then they waited until time to start. How they did that caught my attention.
That's debatable if they will do this in bigger tournaments, but I have seen this done for other stages as well such as Pokemon Stadium.
It is an open discussion so anything goes :4pacman:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll take a crack at another level.

Stage Name: Kongo "Mike 'Mike Ross' Ross" Jungle
Rating: Favorable (Barely)
Recommended Custom Sets: Abstain, I don't know enough about the customs yet.
Difficult Matchups: Heavy characters in general, ROB, Villager, others that can out-camp Pac with a high platform.

Overview: I'll admit up front the Rating is debateable. Could just be tolerable/acceptable to us. If it is Favorable, it's near the bottom of the Favorable list and other stages should be considered first. Despite it being listed as a doubles stage, I've seen some tournaments run it as a singles choice and my comments below are interested in the 1 on 1 format thus.

My reasoning is that the slope helps you gather fruit to z-drop, but everything else is an issue. The higher blast zones mean it's hard to get a KO. The upper platforms offer camping capability, but perhaps even moreso to characters that can out-camp us in general; this is much like what several of you discussed in the Duck Hunt (stage) matter about the tree.

Kongo Jungle is probably still worth keeping in mind just because it has a slope to get fruit with. Since everything else is either unhelpful or outright 'anti-helpful', I believe its value lies in "if you have somehow exhausted all your other slope stages, you can run this one to get your z-drop game going." It's not our best stage, but it does help with that strategy if the tournament you're in has some sort of stage rule that leaves you with no other choices.

I would much sooner take the opponent to Castle Siege, Duck Hunt, Delfino, Skyloft, or even Pilot Wings if you're in an environment where that map is legal. Nonetheless, Kongo is an option and might be worth practicing to have handy as your 'Plan C'.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kongo jungle is actually really really dumb for us. In fact I use Pacman to demonstrate why the stage should be banned.

Step 1: jump offstage and charge fruit.
Step 2: Go into the barrel.
Step 3: abuse the fact you are invincible during the barrel firing sequence and shoot yourself horizontally.
Step 4: throw fruit at the opponent.
Step 5: side B back to the barrel and repeat for 5/6/8 minutes depending on the ruleset.

Even if/when they go to try and steal the barrel from us, we can still easily recover from anywhere, charge to key until they vacate the barrel and start over.

Last edited:

MegaBlaster1234

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Srib64
Kongo jungle is actually really really dumb for us. In fact I use Pacman to demonstrate why the stage should be banned.

Step 1: jump offstage and charge fruit.
Step 2: Go into the barrel.
Step 3: abuse the fact you are invincible during the barrel firing sequence and shoot yourself horizontally.
Step 4: throw fruit at the opponent.
Step 5: side B back to the barrel and repeat for 5/6/8 minutes depending on the ruleset.

Even if/when they go to try and steal the barrel from us, we can still easily recover from anywhere, charge to key until they vacate the barrel and start over.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the barrels shoot you into the blastzones sometimes? I had heard it happens when you wait more than 3 seconds before shooting but I'm not sure.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
It's a shame Kongo Jungle is not a good tournament stage, because it's such the best stage ever. **** Temple

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
That's... pretty interesting, Fromundaman. I wouldn't have thought of that on Kongo. Probably due to an aversion to strategies that would cause me to get punched in the face and the tournament organizer to rule it "perfectly justified, carry on."

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah it's a dumb strategy and I hate both it and this stage, but if it's legal and money's on the line...
I mostly just show it to TOs as a reason to not have the stage legal though.

@ MegaBlaster1234 MegaBlaster1234 not necessarily into the blastzone, it just automatically fires after a while in whatever direction it is facing. That said, you really just need the barrel to refresh your recovery while being invulnerable, so don't chill inside it too long and you'll be fine.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
So, there has been a call for more general discussion on things Pac likes. I'd like to offer some thoughts on this.

I believe that stages with walls and slopes are good. Good enough to be a major thing Pac focuses on. Slopes let him collect fruit to z-drop, and I think z-dropping things onto hydrants/opponents, or even leaving them as a passive hitbox for the enemy to stumble into while you do other things, is important. Some slopes also let him hurl the orange and key at a slight angle (very slight, mostly riding the slope and then leveling out), which is a fun trick.

While it's true this can't be the entirety of your game plan, I would call z-dropped fruits a major part of it. Being able to get them without heading off-stage to collect the bounced key, potentially setting yourself up to be edgeguarded, is a very good thing.

For this reason, I would take the time to learn Skyloft, Wuhu, Delfino, and so on. They seem like good stages for us.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I kind of agree. It's part of why I think lylat and Hilbert are 2 of our best stages in most tournament rulesets.

We have a lot of stuff on both stages, including those slants.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
I hate Lylat no matter what character I play, though the adjusted slopes should probably fix most of my issues I had with the stage.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Can we discuss Battlefield, or more specifically reasons as to why people are telling me NOT to perma-ban this stage?

@ Nu~ Nu~ @ Firedemon0 Firedemon0

I see nothing but disadvantages on this stage:

-Bell and Galaga get stuck on platforms, severely hindering their usefulness.
-Apple's and Strawberries trajectories are limited by the platforms, making them much more predictable.
-Hydrant does not really cover landing options on this stage.
-Many hydrant traps are less useful due to platforms catching any bounce that goes too high.
-Anything that involves upwards gushed fruits no longer works, such as delayed hydrants, nor do fruit gushes that send fruits at jump height in any way (A lot of Z-drop setups, Dthrown fruit setups, etc) unless you are on a platform.
-Double Z-drops to instant launch the hydrant no longer works unless you're on a platform.
-Many characters benefit heavily from this stage (For example: Mario, Shiek, Capt. Falcon, ZSS)
-Small stage means pressure characters can constantly keep pressure on us.
-Platform hinders some of our ledge options, making trapping us on the ledge easier.
-Fair>Hydrant brings us to the platform above us, ending all pressure unless we are center stage and allowing some characters to heavily punish us with Usmash OoS to launch the hydrant while we're still in the animation.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, there are a few advantages:

-Trampoline is considerably safer.
-Trampoline controls the stage better since it essentially blocks off grounded approaches completely.
-Hydrant can easily be launched with Usmash, although the spacing for that to have any real use is kind of strict.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I am quoting myself from my original summation in the matchup thread, I will go further in depth at a later time. I will state that from an aggressive stand point, BF is amazing because Pac-man has quite a few platform tricks.

I may be in the minority, but I find Battlefield to be an awesome stage as Pac-man. You can drop hydrants through platforms. Its easy to stage spike with hydrant. You can platform tech chases with Side B safely. Pac-man can safely apply platform pressure with up-smash. He can avoid Trampoline use punishes with platform tricks. Edge cancelling is very easy to accomplish. You can also avoid attacks with a SH Hydrant, which puts you on a platform above your opponent.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I am quoting myself from my original summation in the matchup thread, I will go further in depth at a later time. I will state that from an aggressive stand point, BF is amazing because Pac-man has quite a few platform tricks.

I may be in the minority, but I find Battlefield to be an awesome stage as Pac-man. You can drop hydrants through platforms. Its easy to stage spike with hydrant. You can platform tech chases with Side B safely. Pac-man can safely apply platform pressure with up-smash. He can avoid Trampoline use punishes with platform tricks. Edge cancelling is very easy to accomplish. You can also avoid attacks with a SH Hydrant, which puts you on a platform above your opponent.
Not to mention the amazing kill potential of power pac jump on this stage. U air the opponent to the top platform, finish it with power pac jump.

Apple is better here because you can play guerrilla warfare with it and snipe from the platforms. Freaky Apple and freaky strawberry are even better for this because they bounce back and forth on platforms which block opponents from using them.

The Fire Hydrant acts as a great ledge guarding tool here if you place it on the side platforms. Put a trampoline next to the ledge, and now you have just set up a trap that forces the opponent back off the stage if they don't time their jump right. This makes their get up more predictable since you know when they will jump, and can punish with a fruit of your choice.
The bell is the best for this, but the key is good if you are confident in your aim on a jumping target.

Again, another trap that gets even more dangerous with customs. Meteor trampoline will force the opponent to jump sooner or we can spike them during their vulnerability if they try to wait it out. On fire hydrant stays active longer and tells the opponent to time their jump right or die.

Edit: I strongly believe that we do better here than every other zoner character (Besides Mega Man because lolUairspam. But we win that matchup anyway imo)
because our projectiles work with the stage and don't need a flat surface because they aren't strictly Horizontally based like Duck hunt(besides his can), Villager, and robin.

We also have a better combo game and mobility than most projectile users, so we can use the platforms for combo extensions a lot better than they can.

Pressure characters are generally better here, but those with a bad approach or bad neutral/disadvantage state (captain falcon, ZSS, Fox) can lose just as easily to our Uair combos and fruit shenanigans because we can set up stage control/traps on the platforms and limit their overall mobility. Mobility monsters without a way to get past our zoning and get a hit confirm will eventually fold to our own combos and kill set ups.

Last edited:

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I'm not really a fan of this stage at all. I'm pretty sure the only time I didn't ban it in a set was when I wanted to cheese a Falcon with the down throw stage spike I found (unfortunately I don't think I pulled it off). There are a lot of problems I see with BF for us, namely

• It's cramped. We like space to be able to dictate the pace of the match. Having cramped platforms and a small base means that it's a lot easier for our opponents to get up in our faces and stop us trying to do what we do best.
  • The platforms suck for trying to land. So, so, so many times I have been calmly trying to land after being knocked up in the air and am halfway or just wholly through the top platform when I decide to cover my landing with a hydrant. Unfortunately, due to the little hop Pac takes when dropping the hydrant, he is left rather punishably with a uselessly placed hydrant sitting on the top platform. This exerts no pressure and just means the next time you get knocked up you won't be able to cover your landing very well unless you're lucky enough to hold out until your hydrant disappears.
  • The platforms suck for trying to catch people with certain fruit is made much more challenging than on other stages. Bell and Galaxian can be completely neutered if not thrown from the perfect spot. It's just another reason why there are so many better stages rather than being something drastically bad. Z dropping can also be annoying just because you have to take the platforms into account much more
  • Other characters get a lot more out of this stage than we do. Although it could be argued we do get some interesting things out of picking this stage, I would say characters like Villager and characters with a good juggle game will get much more out of this stage than we do. Due to the platforms making landing a much more challenging and risky prospect than other stages, characters with a strong juggle game will be able to take advantage of this and punish our attempts to land.
To be honest, I have never ever thought of a good reason to go to Battlefield other than to exploit a glitch I found that's incredibly cheesey. Fundamentally, I don't like this stage and think it takes away some of our key (heh) positive points. If you want a stage with platforms, I'd personally prefer the air (well space, but it's a reference) and I'd go with Lylat. It has platforms for doing funky platform stuff, but is much wider and has tilts and bumps all over the stage, perfect for us to do crazy fruit trajectories with.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Has Halberd been mentioned at all yet? If not, I'd love to direct you all to this AMAZING set I watched with Abadango playing on it. It really shows how interesting of a stage it can be.

The key-thing at the beginning is weird. I'm not sure how he got that - but the rest of the match, Abadango used ramps VERY effectively. He used Apple as some kind of weird jankbox. It worked out very well and the match is interesting to watch as a result.

I think Halberd might be an okay stage for Pac-Man. Granted, fruit like Bell got stuck in the lasers, but it's not that awful.

I'd study this stage a bit. It could be the best transformation for Pac-Man, or at least among the best. Halberd's an okay stage for anyone in general.

Well, except my friend who holds a personal vendetta against the stage, but let's not get personal here.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I haven't read through the thread yet but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about DK64, it's my go to counterpick stage now as Pacman. I haven't lost a match there yet when I'm using my regular custom sets.

All of that space gives you so much time to sharge your fruit, set traps and choose when you want to attack. I love it!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I haven't read through the thread yet but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about DK64, it's my go to counterpick stage now as Pacman. I haven't lost a match there yet when I'm using my regular custom sets.

All of that space gives you so much time to sharge your fruit, set traps and choose when you want to attack. I love it!
There's a reason that it's often banned outside of doubles, and most smart opponents should ban it and FD against us.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
There's a reason that it's often banned outside of doubles, and most smart opponents should ban it and FD against us.
That leaves Duck Hunt wide open, and unless we're facing against a R.O.B or a Villager it's literally our best stage.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
A peach player counter picked me to Lylat the other day and I tore him apart. When you're a the top of the slant it makes it difficult for peach to float approach you becaus of how easy it is to fruit her. I think in general it might be a good stage for Pacman too. The layout of the stage makes it easier to sets bait and traps, the fruit game by itself is weakend though.

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
A peach player counter picked me to Lylat the other day and I tore him apart. When you're a the top of the slant it makes it difficult for peach to float approach you becaus of how easy it is to fruit her. I think in general it might be a good stage for Pacman too. The layout of the stage makes it easier to sets bait and traps, the fruit game by itself is weakend though.
I must agree - Whilst our baiting and trapping game is stronger here, to an extent our fruit/projectiling is worse (bouncing the apple on the slant to edgeguard is so much fun). Also, you can't use Key on the slanted areas on the stage to grab it again, prime to Z-Drop it - it simple dissapears too quickly for you to even grab it compared to using the traditional method of Z-Dropping the key.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Some thoughts after my tourney yesterday(where I got send place ^_^).

I really like Lylat. I'm understanding more than even though the fruit game becomes strainged, the level is perfect for manuvering and mizing up between running away and approaching, and setting traps and baits with your hydrant and trampolene, so much so that once your opponent has locked into the best stratagy to counter your manuerability and obstacles, you can start utilzing your fruit game as there movement become more linear. I was counter picked there yesterday and never can I remember exerting that level of strange control and an opponent around my skill level.

Just the same I am going to start baning duck hunt, it has the illusion of being similar to FD but the widght o the stage in addition to the on stage interruptions i feel makes it perfect for opponents to avoid traps. I absolutely hate it.

On a side note what do people feel about Castle Seige vs Jiggs? I typically like the stage but I was afraid o Counter picking jigs there because I was afraid I'd get wall of pain juggled through the walk off(as I'm writing this I realize that was stupid because most of the stage is not a walk off), anyways let me know what you think.

Neutricity

Smash Apprentice
I joined a Smash 3DS ladder. Yoshi's Island is the WORST stage for PAC-MAN in both games

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
Abuse slopes.
This.
Literally, almost any stage with slopes (not talking about the lip of the stage in Battlefield/Final Destination) just makes Pac's projectile game so much more versatile, and in the enemies case, confusing. Bounce an Apple, Cherry or Strawberry on a sloped surface and watch the fireworks as they can most likely become extremely easy Z-Drop fodder.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I joined a Smash 3DS ladder. Yoshi's Island is the WORST stage for PAC-MAN in both games
Yoshi's Island is by far my best stae in the 3ds version, it bums me out that it's not there for Wii U. If you drop a hydrant by the ledge on the slope it tumbles over, it's great for hitting opponents trying to come form the ledge.

Top Bottom