• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man Amiibo Thread

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
As was just announced in the Nintendo Direct. Pac-man will be getting his very own Amiibo this spring. How should we focus its leveling? Any possible Mods you have planned? Paint jobs to match your skin of choice? Seems like the best place to focus any possible content related to the Amiibo.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As was just announced in the Nintendo Direct. Pac-man will be getting his very own Amiibo this spring. How should we focus its leveling? Any possible Mods you have planned? Paint jobs to match your skin of choice? Seems like the best place to focus any possible content related to the Amiibo.
Oh that got me hyped big time

Now i can get sonic and megaman in the 3rd wave then pac-man in this then i have the 4 ultimate characters of gaming

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
If I knew anything about amiibo modding, I would give Pacman the Pac-Land hat that he deserves.

Alternatively, I might just paint his gloves like my preferred skin (the checker-pattern ones, which I've affectionately dubbed Plaidman).

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
In all the rush to preorder him today, I forgot to bump the thread. I was able to get him off Best Buy. How about the rest of you?

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
In all the rush to preorder him today, I forgot to bump the thread. I was able to get him off Best Buy. How about the rest of you?
I had the chance to get him from Best Buy but didn't because I was actually trusting Gamestop, and wanted to order Robin, Lucina, and Ness with him. Now, Robin and Lucina are out of stock and the website still doesn't have preorders up. In fact, it's not even online.

So I'm having a fantastic time. :4ganondorf:

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I had the chance to get him from Best Buy but didn't because I was actually trusting Gamestop, and wanted to order Robin, Lucina, and Ness with him. Now, Robin and Lucina are out of stock and the website still doesn't have preorders up. In fact, it's not even online.

So I'm having a fantastic time. :4ganondorf:
Yeah I am in the lucky boat where none of the exclusives really struck me as wanted. TRU should have preorders though, should have a good shot getting Robin and Lucina from them.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah I am in the lucky boat where none of the exclusives really struck me as wanted. TRU should have preorders though, should have a good shot getting Robin and Lucina from them.
That's right; TRU has preorders open tomorrow.

I guess I know where I'm getting Robin and Lucina. I'll still get Pac from Gamestop if I can, though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I CONVINCED MY BRO TO GET NESS AND PAC FOR ME AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER BECAUSE TOYSRUS PREORDERS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED TO GO UP 5-7 EST TOMORROW.

I MAY GET ALL FOUR THAT I WANT YET.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
I was able to preorder Pac-man from Gamestop. Last one to be sold out, he seems to be the least in demand. I might try to train him by spamming fruits. Not sure how well that'll go, but it seems to me like amiibos don't have a very good grasp of projectile usage, so that might help. I sense that it's going to be a difficult task to train a Pac-man amiibo to actually be good.

Frycicle

Smash Rookie
"I trained my amiibo on special smash with 300% handicap and high gravity. This has taught him to dodge every single attack like his life depends on it, as assure to that every attack is made to kill. The unintended side effect of high gravity is that he learned the importance of quick recovery, along with the knowledge of keeping his opponents off stage is a good strategy. He always tried to knock people off, obviously, but it wasn't until I trained him with high gravity that he would actively keep them away from getting back on and will occasionally go for a meteor smash. I also trained him on a custom stage thats just a large box and the only way to kill people is to smash them through a two grid block opening from the top. This has taught him extreme accuracy and lightning fast reflexes. Because of the closed quarters, we started bouncing off the walls quickly. He adapted to that speed and can effortlessly smack me out of it, or into the air as I'm mid launch even at 999%. He always learned to smash people specifically where he wants them to go. He had problems getting me through the opening at first, but now can do it seemingly without trying. The opening is as wide as marios idle position. my amiibo can throw me up to through it, utilt, uair, and smash me through it, at an angle too, he can even ricochet me off a wall and still get me through it. I can no longer beat my amiibo in any situation, what else should I do to continue his training?"

Saw that on a youtube comment. Let the games begin.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Nabbed a Pac and Ness at my local EB Games, literally the day they were available I got there the second the store opened. I ain't missing Pac or Ness since I was sure they'd be hella expensive.

Want to get two Pacs so I have one in box and the other for training. I want to mod my Amiibo to have oven mitts for sure.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Stood in line at GameStop for two hours as the last person in a group of about a dozen, but I managed to get my Pac-Man amiibo pre-ordered by simply being quick enough to get down there as quickly as possible after pre-orders went up (it helps that there's a GameStop about a block away from where I live). I was pretty much the only non-collector there. I think amiibos are pretty dumb, actually, but I wasn't going to pass up the chance to own a Smash Bros.-branded Pac-Man figure. Everyone there (including the cashier) were astonished that I was only intending to get Pac-Man.

Well, that's my immediate goal at least. There are some Wave 6/7 amiibos I'm sort of interested in. But for now, I'm just happy I got my first amiibo without too much effort. Most collectors have had it harder than me, and they're much more savvy about how amiibo tracking works.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Lemme tell a little story:

My mom waited in line for like 3 hours at Gamestop while I was in school mainly to get Ness and Lucina. I also wanted my main, Greninja, but I forgot to tell her that Gamestop wasn't selling him and that's who she tried to buy. She told me that the cashier said she could only buy Ness with the 6-bundle pack or just Ness alone which kinda made her mad and she forgot if I said even wanted Ness (even though I wrote his name on a piece of paper I gave her earlier that day). Surprisingly, the people in line behind her told her that it is what I wanted and to just buy him, no questions asked. I'm kinda surprised that other people told her, they could've lied to her and suggested otherwise, but they actually told her the truth! That was cool! But since she couldn't buy any of the other 5 individually, she just ordered the 6 pack for $77 to get any of the other ones I wanted, and she also got me the Splatoon 3-pack that I didn't even ask for. She complained to me that she had to be there until like 12 PM or something since Gamestop's site crashed and the cashier couldn't work with it, and that there was something about a moment she was hearing about two people in Florida fighting over the last :4ness: in the whole state, and when the gamestop site when down or something everyone in the store grew scared and got all quiet. She even missed work

Real wild story she was telling me, if it was as crazy as she says I wish I could've been there to see it cause it sounded like fun to me. She even missed work just to get me these figurines, and she's real mad about it too (I don't think she got much of a penalty for it though). But at the very least, not only do I get the Splatoon Bundle and :4pacman:'s amiibo, but I also get the other 5 and I currently have all of Wave 4 pre-ordered except Jigglypuff and Greninja. Unfortunately I have to pay a price for it though: I owe Mom $122 for all of that, and I don't have nearly enough to pay her back! I also missed out on a preorder for my main, :4greninja:, and I might not get to do it on April 27th since Mom has to be at work that day and she doesn't seem willing to miss work again for it, I have to be in school, and I don't really know anyone else I can count on to camp out at Toys R Us for me. I hope I can find a way to get him and Jigglypuff anyway though, so I can get my favorite characters and all of wave 4 in total. I also really have to find a way to pay back Mom, she literally missed work because of me, and I think I should just give her a rest and make it worth her while.

I also wonder how hard its going to be to train Pac-Man's amiibo, considering how weird and unothodox of a character he is. Shulk, Mega Man, and Sonic are real unorthodox characters who work quite differently from most other characters, and my amiibos of them were reeeaaaaaalllly stupid when I got them and don't do all the stuff I tried to teach them to do. It took forever for them to git gud and they weren't really threatening until they got to level 40, although when he did my Shuk amiibo became beastly and was able to defeat my Bowser (who is twice as smart and was a WAY quicker learner than they were) and is probably the toughest amiibo in the house right now, though to this day my Sonic..... he just can't win, I need to reset him with custom moves next time, and even then I fear he'll still be unteachable. I predict that Pac-Man and Robin will be the toughest of the Wave 4 amiibos to train as they are the most unique of the characters coming in said wave, I think Pac-Man will have a hard ime using his unusual attacks with tons of potental for gimmicks and shenaningans like Bonus Fruit and The Hydrant, and I'm scared about what he's gonna do with them, and I don't think I could show him how to use an onstage trampoline either I predict that Lucina and Charizard will be kind of easy to teach, since they aren't as complex as the other ones and are kinda basic. Also, I do not plan on modding or editing Pac-Man's figurine, I think he looks cool enough the way is already and his costumes in-game suck to me anyway, I can't really find any of them worth modeling after.

And Pac-Man's racing suit n Mario Kart is just.... awesomeness.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
My amiibo doesn't punish properly, and he doesn't use his b moves as much as I'd like him to, so I'll probably reset him, but he's so fun to play against.

I think the quality's not too bad, but it's the best I can do. It's my Villager and Falco.

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
If you really wanted a Pac-Man amiibo you could've got a japanese one from ebay way before now. They're not region-locked.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I plan to get him. He's really the main one I want the only other one being Villager ((Who I want to customize to look like Ai of course... But thanks to people like mariotehplumber that may not happen))

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I feel kind of funny having rushed to get a pre-order, seeing as how he ended up being readily available on shelves. When I picked up Splatoon at Best Buy the other day, he was the only Wave 4 figure left. The guys in front of me in line had snagged the last handful of Warios and Charizards.

Regardless, I'm very happy with my Pac-Man amiibo, which came in yesterday. There's nothing off-model about it, so he looks great. Already training him in Smash, but I'm a bit confused as to why scanning this figure in Amiibo Tap gave me Kirby Super Star.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I kinda want a pacmiibo for those training shenanigans in that earlier post but at the same time some part of me thinks it's just some colossal bs

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
managed to pry my pac off of his stand, feet intact and virtually no damage aside the bottom of his boots

the chip still works and i have a nice novelty-looking figure of pac without the awkward looking stand (:V)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Finland has no Pac-Man left for me. Pac wasn't high priority though but I'd still wouldn't have minded one as a fun extra. Oh well. :4ness:

Top Bottom