• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Pac-Man 1.1.3 Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
I still don't understand the reasoning behind the U-smash nerf considering how unsafe it was in pre-patch days, but I do think adding on the extra HP onto the hydrant was step in the right direction in terms of game design simply because we now have additional launch angles we can use even if B-air is fresh.
The metagame wasn't well developed back in those days... but even back then, I recall that Abadango would use FFNair to setup different angles of Hydrant launch. I stopped practicing that on the 3DS when the patch came out, but have begun the FF Nair practice once more.

So with practice with "old hydrant", we'd have:

* Hydrant -> Fresh Bair -- instant-launch
* SH Hydrant -> FF Nair -> dash-off fast-fall Jab (Jab launch)
* SH Hydrant -> FF Nair -> dash-off fast-fall Trampoline (Trampoline launch)

etc. etc.

Bair is much easier than the FF Nair setups, but the FF Nair setups need to be learned in the current meta anyway to help keep our traps and hydrant setups fresh (not "fresh" from a game mechanic perspective, but from a "trick the opponent" perspective).

SH Hydrant -> FF Nair -> Jab is the fastest way to jab-launch the Hydrant anyway, although Nair needs to be somewhat fresh for the first jab to launch.

Last edited:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
The metagame wasn't well developed back in those days... but even back then, I recall that Abadango would use FFNair to setup different angles of Hydrant launch. I stopped practicing that on the 3DS when the patch came out, but have begun the FF Nair practice once more.

So with practice with "old hydrant", we'd have:

* Hydrant -> Fresh Bair -- instant-launch
* SH Hydrant -> FF Nair -> dash-off fast-fall Jab (Jab launch)
* SH Hydrant -> FF Nair -> dash-off fast-fall Trampoline (Trampoline launch)

etc. etc.

Bair is much easier than the FF Nair setups, but the FF Nair setups need to be learned in the current meta anyway to help keep our traps and hydrant setups fresh (not "fresh" from a game mechanic perspective, but from a "trick the opponent" perspective).

SH Hydrant -> FF Nair -> Jab is the fastest way to jab-launch the Hydrant anyway, although Nair needs to be somewhat fresh for the first jab to launch.
I practice the FF nair in training mode anytime I turn the game on. Most of the competition in San Diego has learned to not let me set up hydrant, so I've needed this method to get the hydrant into launch state faster.

Large Dad

Smash Cadet
NNID
ITSYOPAPA
3DS FC
2680-9462-5670
If there's some buffs I want for Pac-man it's better knock back and damages on Fruits, for sure.

TomaHawk_Hoax

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrBashguy
There's a good fifth of Pacs grab that is a dead zone that I wish they fixed. The entire tractor beam should be an active hitbox as well as the no grab box at his arm and glove, dafuq is that.

If all they did was fix his grab so that the grabbox didn't have a dead zone at his arm or the last 5th of the animation that would be golden.

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
There's a good fifth of Pacs grab that is a dead zone that I wish they fixed. The entire tractor beam should be an active hitbox as well as the no grab box at his arm and glove, dafuq is that.

If all they did was fix his grab so that the grabbox didn't have a dead zone at his arm or the last 5th of the animation that would be golden.
literally what i been saying. that along with the removal of the floor wall miss

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
ok dream buffs.

1. Trampoline stays out longer so the red trampoline has more relevance.
2. Downsmash clips people off the ledge if they re grab the ledge.
3. first hit of upsmash has more knock back so it will be more consistent when I get short characters like Ness, Pikachu with the bell,
4 grab hitbox to be active frame 6 and fix the deadzones

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
Floor wall miss? Haven't heard that one.
its the nickname i gave to side B-ing into a wall. when you hit it the wrong way (usually going straight) you'll bounce off the wall with knockback as if you side B'd into the floor instead of the wall, which has more tumble stun. if you side b like this into the ledge you'll be knocked back very far away at a very bad angle. if you dont have a jump after this happens its a garenteed SD

recovering would be so safe and easy if you could snap to the ledge from side b. i can make a video to elaborate

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
ok dream buffs.

3. first hit of upsmash has more knock back so it will be more consistent when I get short characters like Ness, Pikachu with the bell,

to go off this, Less start up lag on up smash and end lag on all smashes.

less end lag on d tilt for more possible followups

grab box active for the full galaga beam (just like the item) remove the dead zone at the hand and arm for dash grabs

more knock back on which version of up b hits the opponent.

BSP

Smash Legend
ok dream buffs.

1. Yes, please. The window to use hydrant water to push people into trampoline is laughably short as it is now.
2. hitbox size increase. I'd appreciate it.
3. Yes >_>

1-3 could all happen imo. I'd rather Usmash have set KB though, that way it would never have any danger of not linking.

4. I would love it, but it's not going to happen. I'm fine with the F12 startup, but I'm not fine with how the grab is half functional...

I still think the biggest buff that could happen would be horizontal knockback on Pac-Jump, no matter what hitbox connects. As it stands, if you shield smartly, Pac-Man can't do much to you that'll actually end your stock, or put you in a situation that threatens to end your stock.

Also, unless D dragontamer has a problem with it, I'll just rename this thread to whatever the next patch name is. Nothing happened for us in the last patch for the most part, so this thread might actually accomplish something now.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I'm super excited. I thought I would need to wait until the end of the month for this patch. The biggest things in my mind are the floorwall miss fix, grab fix, the hydrant spawning consistently so when I zdrop or wait for the water it always works, and for the hydrant to not become super hydrant and tank all my smash attacks. That's been screwing me up lately.

TomaHawk_Hoax

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrBashguy
its the nickname i gave to side B-ing into a wall. when you hit it the wrong way (usually going straight) you'll bounce off the wall with knockback as if you side B'd into the floor instead of the wall, which has more tumble stun. if you side b like this into the ledge you'll be knocked back very far away at a very bad angle. if you dont have a jump after this happens its a garenteed SD

recovering would be so safe and easy if you could snap to the ledge from side b. i can make a video to elaborate
Ah I see. Yes you're right. And please Sakurai fix the galaga beam all that the entire animation is the active hitbox, please fix the deadzones off his grab.

Also as a side, I would want Fthrow to be a combo throw, the knockback is such that it's really possible to follow up on IF ONLY there wasn't as much endlag after the throw.

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
Ah I see. Yes you're right. And please Sakurai fix the galaga beam all that the entire animation is the active hitbox, please fix the deadzones off his grab.

Also as a side, I would want Fthrow to be a combo throw, the knockback is such that it's really possible to follow up on IF ONLY there wasn't as much endlag after the throw.
i can see f throw to up air being a true combo at low% if f throw has more throw stun and less endlag

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Also, unless D dragontamer has a problem with it, I'll just rename this thread to whatever the next patch name is. Nothing happened for us in the last patch for the most part, so this thread might actually accomplish something now.
Personally, I think that starting new topics make things a lot more organized, especially because older topics "die out" as they fade away into later pages.

BSP

Smash Legend
Personally, I think that starting new topics make things a lot more organized, especially because older topics "die out" as they fade away into later pages.
Alright I'll make another one and you can lock this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom