• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P2P Lag Issues

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to run P2P Kaillera but I keep ending up with 45-50 FPS, with occasional drops as low as 15. I have Comcast cable and an acceptable wireless connection to it, and an AMD Athlon 2800+, 2.09 GHz, 512 MB RAM.

I would love to play online in a competitive fashion, so is there anything you can tell me?

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Thino

Smash Master
if offline / normal kaillera works 60 fps its most likely a ports/firewall problem check if everything okay with those

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I've been trying to run P2P Kaillera but I keep ending up with 45-50 FPS, with occasional drops as low as 15. I have Comcast cable and an acceptable wireless connection to it, and an AMD Athlon 2800+, 2.09 GHz, 512 MB RAM.

I would love to play online in a competitive fashion, so is there anything you can tell me?

- Captain R.D. Obvious
There's actually a problem with the newest version of p2p (the Sep 15 one) on kaillera servers, it happens to me too, so you better use the normal client for kaillera or get an older p2p (Sep 13 works good on kaillera)

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace

- Captain R.D. Obvious
I THINK you could use some more ram, maybe double what you have.

I use AMD Athlon 3200+, 2.6 GHz, and 1 gig of ram and a Geforce FX 5700 Ultra (man I remember when these specs used to OWN...) :( I run P2P kaillera just fine.

........ I need to upgrade my comp, yes? I think I'll just wait until 8 core processors come out LOL and DDR3 RAM and what ever ridiculous video card is out by then.

Poponfu

Smash Rookie
I see some people from on here in the hamachi room but for those that don't know you should get hamachi and join the room [ SSB64 P2P | password : 123 ] you can see other peoples hamachi IP address which works in p2p kaillera and PING. You can also chat with them too on hamachi before beginning a game.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I see some people from on here in the hamachi room but for those that don't know you should get hamachi and join the room [ SSB64 P2P | password : 123 ] you can see other peoples hamachi IP address which works in p2p kaillera and PING. You can also chat with them too on hamachi before beginning a game.
Ok seriously...Dont go off topic like this please.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
I THINK you could use some more ram, maybe double what you have.

I use AMD Athlon 3200+, 2.6 GHz, and 1 gig of ram and a Geforce FX 5700 Ultra (man I remember when these specs used to OWN...) :( I run P2P kaillera just fine.

........ I need to upgrade my comp, yes? I think I'll just wait until 8 core processors come out LOL and DDR3 RAM and what ever ridiculous video card is out by then.
512 ram should be good enough ... its jus pj64!!

Top Bottom