• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P.T-itis

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Charizard is by far my worst.
It used to be my best, I had no problem fighting with him. Then, I mastered the Shellshifting with Squirtle, and realized his combo potential.

Then I had a match where I was Ivysaur, 130% dmg with 1 stock against a player with 2 stocks, and ended up winning, because I felt in control. So I persued Ivysaur.

And now my Charizard still lacks.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Charizard is by far my worst.
It used to be my best, I had no problem fighting with him. Then, I mastered the Shellshifting with Squirtle, and realized his combo potential.

Then I had a match where I was Ivysaur, 130% dmg with 1 stock against a player with 2 stocks, and ended up winning, because I felt in control. So I persued Ivysaur.

And now my Charizard still lacks.
The strategy that helped me get better with Charizard is running shield cancels and using Charizard's f-tilt and d-tilt, grabs, and pivot grabs. Charizard is more of a grounded fighter, so you wouldn't want to be approaching opponents with aerials. Now Charizard is like my best out of the 3 ever since I've been using that strategy and realized Charizard shouldn't approach in the air often.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
That's probably my problem...I'm have an aerial-inclined playstyle, although I do utilize grabs often.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
this thread is absolutely hilarious

hi, my name is steeler.

and i'm dying.

and its squirtle's fault.

not from pt-itis...

i have...

i have...

NAAAAAAAAAAAAH JUST KIDDING

i treated that disease a while ago...

only to have something else take its place...

...:)

no really though, i suffer from pt-itis. at first it wasn't a big problem...it was as if i didn't even have the disease. none of my pokemon really stood out, excelled. but slowly, surely, pt-itis reared its ugly head. squirtle began to bully ivysaur and charizard into staying in their balls...squirtle was sure that he could handle everything on its own. and he was right...not even fatigue could stop him. eventually my squirtle began to level up at a rapid rate, and i began to lose control. squirtle was like a disease, an addiction...i couldn't get enough. and neither could squirtle. game and watch? tech the down throws, predict the kill moves, and take advantage of the lag on his moves. marth? play patiently and get inside his range so that tip doesn't matter. meta knight? he's still a lil *****. my squirtle began to level up so quickly, i had to stop playing him. i capped him at level 98 so that...you know, just in case i ever want to evolve him to blastoise, i can!

now ivysaur and charizard are getting more work, although squirtle still bullies them back sometimes...those squirtle squad glasses are intimidating. charizard is coming along nicely, and is at level 69. for some reason he doesn't want to level up again...and ivysaur is actually only level 16. i evolved her and decided to ignore ivysaur. cuz she's the ugly, awkward teenage girl of the group. squirtle's a bossy toddler and charizard is a physically intimidating, yet strangly sensitive middle aged body trainer. it's a lot of work, but slowly i will defeat pt-itis...in the meantime, i'm still searching for missingno, so i can take the easy route and level all three up to level 256...and become...

...a pokemon master...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, here's a cure, help PT in the hurt and heal game before he completely dies. HE ONLY HAS 7 HEALTH LEFT!

Toby.

Smash Master
I never even saw your posts steeler, so now i should probably tell you that the bidoof / squirtle bit was tooo goood. I lol'd.

Anywho, currently my charizard is feeling unsteady and I don't feel in control. Time to practise with the ol' lizard methinks.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Ok, here is a potential cure to make sure you focus on balancing them.

OK, here's a cure, help PT in the hurt and heal game before he completely dies. HE ONLY HAS 7 HEALTH LEFT!
OK no seriously, help. Kris accidentally pissed off the Peaches and we pissed them off even further by KOing Zelda and Shiek. They're possessing opponents and thanks to them I had to euthanize Jigglypuff and Kirby. Make sure they don't get their way for once.

Onxy

Smash Lord
If my Charizard could go into the negative levels, it would be -255. I'm so bad with Charizard to the point where I'm starting to see little potential in Charizard.

Onxy

Smash Lord
I try, but it just doesn't work for me anymore. When I compare their overall stats, I just find that Charizard is like an inferior version of Ivysaur.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
here's how you become good with rock smash charizard:

1. rock smash. there are so many opportunities to use it. it's not a bad thing to use it 5-10 times per stock if each time it was a legitimately good idea to use it (which it usually is). it especially ***** big/heavy characters without projectiles (waddle dees don't count).

2. grabs. your grab is right behind dedede and olimar for best grab in the game.

3. edgeguard. learn to predict air dodges and then punish with nair. practice the dair spike. learn the timing for fair and bair. use some rock smash off stage, i don't use it frequently enough and i think it has potential. and use flamethrower on the edge against characters that are vulnerable to it because they won't always quickly auto-snap the ledge (wario, ddd, falco, for example).

4. all three tilts KO.

5. stay grounded most of the time, particularly when the opponent is approaching. the ground is charizard's dominion.

Toby.

Smash Master
Us pokey trainers need to be more intidimating. We need to lose the cute look.

Like this:

Lol it reminds me of IRL. mostly the charizard and the rage. the other pokeymans are little sissies. they need training up!

Oh and on what steeler was saying about nair. It's soooo handy for catching airdodgers. I love it so much.

Miles.

Smash Champion

Like this:

Lol it reminds me of IRL. mostly the charizard and the rage. the other pokeymans are little sissies. they need training up!

Oh and on what steeler was saying about nair. It's soooo handy for catching airdodgers. I love it so much.
This actually looks like me in real life.

No jokes.

No flames. ... FOr now.

Charizard92

Smash Champion

Like this:

*facepalm*

Note, you don't need to be creepy to get better (check Dedede).
We just need to get better, which may translate to practically playing Brawl 23/6 during Christmas break to get better. Alternatively, we could work on our converting skills.

Top Bottom