• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M Plug+Play .RELs (Module Files) Want to Port Ridley? Come here!/Modding FAQ

Next P+P .REL?

• Peach

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ike

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Ganon

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, his bike is really weird from what I've heard. So long as it's fixable. lol
well, it should be. The good news is that I have pretty much 1:1 cloned Ganon, so I'll set up a little black shadow reskin for those who wish to include original Ganon alongside the awesome new Ganon PSAs being released.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Double posting since my last post was yesterday. OoT Ganondorf is supposedly over Lucario (because of the projectiles, I imagine), so could you make a port for that? I honestly don't care much about a sword moveset. Lol

EDIT: A question, too: how many clones do you think you can get out of the Fighting Alloy Team? Would it be four, to match the number of Alloys, or just one because of coding?

Last edited:

souphard

Smash Rookie
I was going to ask the same thing about putting him over Diddy Kong. lol

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Double posting since my last post was yesterday. OoT Ganondorf is supposedly over Lucario (because of the projectiles, I imagine), so could you make a port for that? I honestly don't care much about a sword moveset. Lol

EDIT: A question, too: how many clones do you think you can get out of the Fighting Alloy Team? Would it be four, to match the number of Alloys, or just one because of coding?
Yes, that shouldn't be too hard. I just have to make sure that it won't interfere with P:M's coding. As for the alloys, we'd get four characters out of it, since I'd eliminate all references to ft_zako .rel
I was going to ask the same thing about putting him over Diddy Kong. lol
Unfortunately, you can't... You will be able to put them over alloys eventually though.

Also I removed the references to the forbidden seven slots in the OP, since people have been awfully confused about that.

Cloned ganon's float doesn't work properly atm, so I'm working on a fix for that.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Yes, that shouldn't be too hard. I just have to make sure that it won't interfere with P:M's coding. As for the alloys, we'd get four characters out of it, since I'd eliminate all references to ft_zako .rel

Unfortunately, you can't... You will be able to put them over alloys eventually though.

Also I removed the references to the forbidden seven slots in the OP, since people have been awfully confused about that.

Cloned ganon's float doesn't work properly atm, so I'm working on a fix for that.
So If I'm to understand this correctly, with the PMDT's method: there are only 11 potential slots to use for additional characters (consisting of the forbidden 7 and the 4 Alloys) of which Mewtwo and Roy use, which gives us only 9 more characters to add (unless we can make PSA's over the Boss characters and effectively make Subspace unplayable)?

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
So If I'm to understand this correctly, with the PMDT's method: there are only 11 potential slots to use for additional characters (consisting of the forbidden 7 and the 4 Alloys) of which Mewtwo and Roy use, which gives us only 9 more characters to add (unless we can make PSA's over the Boss characters and effectively make Subspace unplayable)?
I've never considered overwriting boss characters, and I don't know enough about how the game handles their data. I'll look into it once I finish up the alloys.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I've never considered overwriting boss characters, and I don't know enough about how the game handles their data. I'll look into it once I finish up the alloys.
Actually, I think bosses might be able to be made into characters, since their moveset is put together like a character moveset, from what I understand. Plus, aren't there mods letting you play as Master Hand, with inputs being mapped like a character's to activate certain attacks? Also, there's a guy that's making boss psa's, maybe he'll know if it's possible.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Actually, I think bosses might be able to be made into characters, since their moveset is put together like a character moveset, from what I understand. Plus, aren't there mods letting you play as Master Hand, with inputs being mapped like a character's to activate certain attacks? Also, there's a guy that's making boss psa's, maybe he'll know if it's possible.
Wait, remind me again how many bosses there. I haven't played Subspace in a while but I know there's about 10 or so unique fights.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
9 if you pair Master Hand and Crazy Hand, 10 if you don't.
So factoring in the 11 slots from both the forbidden 7 and the 4 alloys, we can have 8 more slots if we want to have more characters, but still keep the end fights from classic mode... 19 slots is quite generous if we can figure out how to make character movesets over bosses slots (akin to playable characters) and have them selectable from the CSS... though for now the 5-9 character slots we can use for now seem enough. :)

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how feasible it is to replace boss characters, since the unused character slots (the instance slots are for the forbidden 7) actually exist for the boss characters. There probably wouldn't be room, but I can't confirm or deny the possibility.

In other news, I decided to do my own take on the old bomberman PSA, converting it for use in P:M. He'll use the soon-to-be finished luigi module.

Screen:

[\spoiler]

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
In other news, I decided to do my own take on the old bomberman PSA, converting it for use in P:M. He'll use the soon-to-be finished luigi module.

Screen:
Leon Exodio was working on updating this too, and has some fancy new model stuff for it, so you may wanna talk to him on KCMM about it!

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Leon Exodio was working on updating this too, and has some fancy new model stuff for it, so you may wanna talk to him on KCMM about it!
It looks like his PSA is actually over olimar, not luigi, so mine's a bit different.
The original (over Luigi) version's neutral special would crash the game if used with my module, so I changed it into a bomb identical to Link's and Toon Link's bomb. It overwrites the Smoke Ball item, but who uses that anyway lol
Here's a comparison with the two hylians:

[\spoiler]

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Wait, he should be doing an update the moveset right now that isn't released, so it's probably not that. I'll try and link it here.
I found it on KCMM, and he's thinking about continuing the bomberman psa v0.9 over a yet-to-be-determined character. I was simply referring to the model, which I'm currently setting up now. It will work perfectly! Thanks for the suggestion!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I found it on KCMM, and he's thinking about continuing the bomberman psa v0.9 over a yet-to-be-determined character. I was simply referring to the model, which I'm currently setting up now. It will work perfectly! Thanks for the suggestion!
Oh, okay, I didn't know it was publicly available! You do mean this one, right?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
ooh, no lol. You officially know more about this than I do. that's definitely not what I found
lol Lemme start you off here. This is where talk of Bomberman updates begin AFAIK. There's only one more set of previews, I think, which are at the bottom of the page, but at least you'll know what I'm getting at. The model is custom-made by some dude on DeviantArt and should be way nicer than anything else you're likely to find.

EDIT: Found the DeviantArt page and also a preview with all the model's different attributes/recolors.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
lol Lemme start you off here. This is where talk of Bomberman updates begin AFAIK. There's only one more set of previews, I think, which are at the bottom of the page, but at least you'll know what I'm getting at. The model is custom-made by some dude on DeviantArt and should be way nicer than anything else you're likely to find.

EDIT: Found the DeviantArt page and also a preview with all the model's different attributes/recolors.
Woah... That's pretty incredible! I look forward to being able to use that. As a temporary fix, I decided to use the model made over mario:
upload_2015-9-24_19-41-24.png
his feet clip through the ground slightly, but I reeeeally don't feel like going through every single CHR0 entry to push him up. If someone knows a better way, I'd love to hear it haha. Overall, I think he looks infinitely better.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Speaking of Bomber Man, I made this:
bomberman.png

And I put to good use. You see I've recently developed a hobby of organizing character rosters. So I thought: "If we can add 12 more characters to Project M, and technically a total of 14 new characters added to brawl's original roster, who would they be?" My picks are shown below:
Edit: I've counted and there's a total of 54 characters below! O_O
14 Slots.png

And It's Still More Organized than Smash 4... :p
Let me deliberate on that remark:
0) M2 and Roy are placed based on PM and Ondo's Out Of The Box CSS.
1) Waluigi went after Wario is a no-brainer.
2) K. Rool after Diddy is Pretty logical as well.
3) Andross after Wolf makes sense too.
4) Phantom Ganon after Ganondorf because you face the Phantom first in the Forest Temple in OoT.
5) Deoxys after M2 and before Lucario because he's from Gen 3.
6) Ninten after Lucas because of "Order to Appear in Smash Bros." logic.
7) Ridley then Dark Samus after ZSS because of Chronological appearance.
8) Bomberman is before Snake because of release dates. Same goes for: Geno, V. Joe, Alastor, and Tabuu respectively.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Woah... That's pretty incredible! I look forward to being able to use that. As a temporary fix, I decided to use the model made over mario:
View attachment 74990
[\spoiler]
his feet clip through the ground slightly, but I reeeeally don't feel like going through every single CHR0 entry to push him up. If someone knows a better way, I'd love to hear it haha. Overall, I think he looks infinitely better.
That's definitely a good start! I don't know a fix but some of the other PSAers around here may know. If you're beginning to more fully work on your PSAs, I'd suggest making another topic for them so that people that wanna help you can more easily track your work.
Speaking of Bomber Man, I made this:
And I put to good use. You see I've recently developed a hobby of organizing character rosters. So I thought: "If we can add 12 more characters to Project M, and technically a total of 14 new characters added to brawl's original roster, who would they be?" My picks are shown below:
View attachment 74988
And It's Still More Organized than Smash 4... :p
Let me deliberate on that remark:
0) M2 and Roy are placed based on PM and Ondo's Out Of The Box CSS.
1) Waluigi went after Wario is a no-brainer.
2) K. Rool after Diddy is Pretty logical as well.
3) Andross after Wolf makes sense too.
4) Phantom Ganon after Ganondorf because you face the Phantom first in the Forest Temple in OoT.
5) Deoxys after M2 and before Lucario because he's from Gen 3.
6) Ninten after Lucas because of "Order to Appear in Smash Bros." logic.
7) Ridley then Dark Samus after ZSS because of Chronological appearance.
8) Bomberman is before Snake because of release dates. Same goes for: Geno, V. Joe, Alastor, and Tabuu respectively.
I might not have picked some of those characters myself, but the concept is beautiful and it's awesome to think it may soon be a reality.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
That's definitely a good start! I don't know a fix but some of the other PSAers around here may know. If you're beginning to more fully work on your PSAs, I'd suggest making another topic for them so that people that wanna help you can more easily track your work.
I might not have picked some of those characters myself, but the concept is beautiful and it's awesome to think it may soon be a reality.
My choices are based on whether the character has a PSA already out/in developement and whether or not that character has a legitimate chance of being in smash. And to give myself a challenge, he/she/it has to have been around during Brawl's console generation or the ones before and cannot not be a Smash 4 character... K. Rool may break this though, but I prefer having the Hype 3 nonetheless. Andross is special becuase he has no PSA's that I know of, but has all the right to be in Smash.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
My choices are based on whether the character has a PSA already out/in developement and whether or not that character has a legitimate chance of being in smash. And to give myself a challenge, he/she/it has to have been around during Brawl's console generation or the ones before and cannot not be a Smash 4 character... K. Rool may break this though, but I prefer having the Hype 3 nonetheless. Andross is special becuase he has no PSA's that I know of, but has all the right to be in Smash.
I wasn't gonna comment on this because it seemed silly to, but now I have to. How would you explain Alastor? Because that Alastor is not the one from Viewtiful Joe.

Also, the order you have the characters in is questionable at best (Ninten after Lucas? And I dunno about Andross bring included but okay).

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I wasn't gonna comment on this because it seemed silly to, but now I have to. How would you explain Alastor? Because that Alastor is not the one from Viewtiful Joe.

Also, the order you have the characters in is questionable at best (Ninten after Lucas? And I dunno about Andross bring included but okay).
Forgot about Alastor; before I knew about the PSA that can be found on the boards/vault, I would never have included him. But after looking at the move set it just clicked with me. While you can say he's more akin to Ganondorf or Captain Falcon, he has this charge mechanic for his neutral B. You can still pull of the scythe spin if you do a Turnaround Neutral B, but if you keep that charge, your Neutral, Side, or Aerial Up B get powered up. Symbolically for Project M, an original character would help keep that "grassroots" feel that Project M kind of embraces now... (I also liked the character concept so much that I made new cosmetic assets for the character.)

As for ordering, I kept the most recognizable characters from their series in front, then I looked at Ondo's Out Of The Box CSS layout and the organization from Smash 4, Project M and "picked 'n chose" what felt right. I can't explain it, but to me personally it worked.

If I tried to make a 4-row variant, I might still be working on it...

Edit: Andross I always felt needed to be fighting along side wolf, and there's a moveset concept I found on deviant art that pulled me over. Think of Marvel Vs. Capcom's (or any figihting game with Magneto in it) Magneto play style and you have the core inspiration for an Andross moveset. Plus I always think Smash Bros could use more villains. But if there's no Andross PSA ever being made, I'd consider Slippy going before wolf unless Krystal somehow get's a PSA made.

TL:DR I look for characters that can add something new to Brawl/Project M; Alastor puts a unique twist on the FalconDorf Formula, others like Waluigi and the other Villains all bring something new thanks to their origins while also feeling at home if they ever were in Smash Bros officially. Plus Tabuu has a unique play style that revolves around spacing and patience (if you use the PSA on the vault). Placement of the single series reps go in line with either PM, Ondo's out of the Box CSS, or those that have the best thematic matching... this explains Pit with the Fire Emblem Series.

Edit 2: Made a 4 row variant that includes Knuckle Joe:
4-15 Slots In.png

Note: There's only 3 more I can see myself adding to this: Top Row gets Lord Frederick from Tropical Freeze, Second Row gets Slippy, Third Row gets Raichu since Pichu is now Brawl Pikachu, and the Last row gets a Second Random slot to homage Melee's CSS (and both Random Slots may be invisible now).

Now then... back to the Topic at hand: Luigi's going to be next right? So what about some of the more "odd-ball" ports?

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Forgot about Alastor; before I knew about the PSA that can be found on the boards/vault, I would never have included him. But after looking at the move set it just clicked with me. While you can say he's more akin to Ganondorf or Captain Falcon, he has this charge mechanic for his neutral B. You can still pull of the scythe spin if you do a Turnaround Neutral B, but if you keep that charge, your Neutral, Side, or Aerial Up B get powered up. Symbolically for Project M, an original character would help keep that "grassroots" feel that Project M kind of embraces now... (I also liked the character concept so much that I made new cosmetic assets for the character.)

As for ordering, I kept the most recognizable characters from their series in front, then I looked at Ondo's Out Of The Box CSS layout and the organization from Smash 4, Project M and "picked 'n chose" what felt right. I can't explain it, but to me personally it worked.

If I tried to make a 4-row variant, I might still be working on it...

Edit: Andross I always felt needed to be fighting along side wolf, and there's a moveset concept I found on deviant art that pulled me over. Think of Marvel Vs. Capcom's (or any figihting game with Magneto in it) Magneto play style and you have the core inspiration for an Andross moveset. Plus I always think Smash Bros could use more villains. But if there's no Andross PSA ever being made, I'd consider Slippy going before wolf unless Krystal somehow get's a PSA made.

TL:DR I look for characters that can add something new to Brawl/Project M; Alastor puts a unique twist on the FalconDorf Formula, others like Waluigi and the other Villains all bring something new thanks to their origins while also feeling at home if they ever were in Smash Bros officially. Plus Tabuu has a unique play style that revolves around spacing and patience (if you use the PSA on the vault). Placement of the single series reps go in line with either PM, Ondo's out of the Box CSS, or those that have the best thematic matching... this explains Pit with the Fire Emblem Series.

Edit 2: Made a 4 row variant that includes Knuckle Joe:
View attachment 75017
Note: There's only 3 more I can see myself adding to this: Top Row gets Lord Frederick from Tropical Freeze, Second Row gets Slippy, Third Row gets Raichu since Pichu is now Brawl Pikachu, and the Last row gets a Second Random slot to homage Melee's CSS (and both Random Slots may be invisible now).

Now then... back to the Topic at hand: Luigi's going to be next right? So what about some of the more "odd-ball" ports?
well, I'm thinking yoshi after I finish wario haha.

In other news, I just made a HUGE breakthrough with the alloy slots!
Code:
cmpwi      r4,46
mr            r28,r3
mr            r29,r4
mr            r30,r5
mr            r31,r6
li             r0,0
blt-           0x8082c08c
cmpwi      r4,49
bgt-          0x8082c08c
This is a function in the game that checks to see if the player is an alloy (character slots 2E through 31). If I nop out the upper and lower bounds and force every character to branch through 0x8082c08c, it may load the alloys as the game would load a normal character. I have to do more research to confirm that there aren't more functions to patch, but this appears to be it!
this is a good idea, I'll make a thread with that question and a little showcase of Bomberman

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
I believe that it would use Olimar's sounds, but I could write a code that would switch Olimar's soundbank with Mario's sometime tomorrow
Thanks a bunch, i'm using it to port a Doctor Mario PSA that i've been working on for a while.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Thanks a bunch, i'm using it to port a Doctor Mario PSA that i've been working on for a while.
How different is your Doctor Mario from PM's Mario?

(Asking this while we wait for more rel ports to be released)

Top Bottom