• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M 2.5 custom stages

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
P:M 2.5 seems to have disabled custom stages. What is the reason for this?

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
I asked the same thing a few days ago.

Not an oversight. I had several people that used the stage builder exploit to install homebrew that left it on that had freezes with the homebrew version. It doesn't add very much (considering almost all of the stages in PM are amazing) and caused freezes (provided, with some user error) so we didn't feel that it was worth including. If enough people show their support for it it might be included in the next release.
Hopefully it will be included if there is a small bug fix patch in the coming weeks.

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
So? They cant just disable custom stages. It is a big feature removed because they ****ed up.
It was most likely removed due to improper management.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It's not like it's permanently removed lol.

Custom stages caused freezes if people left the stack smash stage on their SD card, and the new SSS screws up the custom stage select screen. We couldnt fix it in time so we disabled it for the time-being.

I'm sorry if it frustrates you, but it was done for a reason, and not on a whim.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
easy solution guys, include in the homebrew thing a basic custom stage that replaces the stack smash stage (same filename).
ensure in the installation instructions that after installing homebrew through stack smash to install PM, and not before.

rockmanmegaman

Smash Rookie
I want custom stage to be back, just feels like every stage is too similar (flat floor with a floating platform).

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to be able to use custom stages for testing things like heights and distances. Maybe include them as selectable in the homebrew version?

Top Bottom