• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxford Mississippi Smash

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
So, I was wondering when people could come to another tournament.

I want to get the whole saturday of May 29th, and I was wondering how many people could show, how much to charge for Melee, and so forth.

Anywho, just post if you'd be around during that time. Last time starting at 7:30 was way too late, we only really had time for 1 tournament, so this time I want to start much sooner, so we can get both tournaments in. We might have been able to do a single elimination tournament before, but we would have been here till midnight and peeps had to drive.

But yea, if you are interested in this tournament, or running a Melee tournament at my event, just message this thread.

Also, anyone with a recommended rules list for Melee is welcome, otherwise I am going to use something similar to what Alabama does.

Ambix

Smash Ace
I might come down for melee if it's double elimination and has a decent turnout.

Not too keen on driving an hour and a half for single elim or brawl.

For the ruleset just go with what it's always been.....it looks something like this:

Items off.
4 stock 8 min. time limit.
sets are best of 3.
Double blind character pick can be called at any time.
Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Tiesbreakers are determined by stocks then percentage in that order.
No controller mods, glitches that render the match unplayable (mewtwo's soul stunner, IC freeze glitch), or stalling tactics (jiggs rise and pound / peach wallbomb).

Rules for doubles.

Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Pot split should be:

60%
30%
10%

singles Neutral Stage List:

Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

Pokemon Stadium
Brainstar
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle japes
Corneria
anything else you feel like unbanning

doubles neutral Stage List:

Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

whatever you feel like unbanning as long as it isn't fountain of dreams.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Yea, that list looks alright. I will assume noone is going to laser camp with Fox or Falco on Jungle Japes. So, I might ban that one, and unban Poke Floats, for some reason we always have used Poke Floats around here. Not sure how the melee folks would feel about that, but the group of people I played with before felt it was legit enough.

I might make melee the main event, it just depends on what looks like it will have a better turn out.

So, we will probably do double elimination + friendlies for both brawl and melee. I want to do a singles/doubles for both. And maybe even a low tier tournament for both.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Yea, that list looks alright. I will assume noone is going to laser camp with Fox or Falco on Jungle Japes. So, I might ban that one, and unban Poke Floats, for some reason we always have used Poke Floats around here. Not sure how the melee folks would feel about that, but the group of people I played with before felt it was legit enough.

I might make melee the main event, it just depends on what looks like it will have a better turn out.

So, we will probably do double elimination + friendlies for both brawl and melee. I want to do a singles/doubles for both. And maybe even a low tier tournament for both.
Pokefloats has always been unbanned I just forgot to put it on the list. There are a few othe stages I forgot too like mute city......consider it a cookie cutter ruleset.

The only heavily debated stage as far as i'm aware is green greens.

Top Bottom