• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Owned by a Pro" - A Pro **** Combo Video

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey, Zinth here. Maybe you've heard of me, maybe you haven't, but either way that's ok and we're moving on to business. As the title already suggests, this is a combo video showcasing pro vs., well... non-pro action. I made this combo video in Winter of 2006, but I just now decided to post it here on Smashboards.

For a bit of backstory, before the tournament at which this footage was captured (OHSNAP2), the most of Oklahoma had never had pro-contact before, myself included, and had only recently had OOS contact that summer. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I myself was quite curious as to what it would look like when a pro fought a non-pro. I mean, you saw lots of pro vs. pro fights, sure, but I found pro vs. amateur fights to be few and far between. Being ambitious as I was (and still am), I wanted to see just what it was that created this fabled division in talent. So, after I finally got to get "owned by a pro" at OHSNAP2 and, more importantly, caught it on tape, I decided to put this video together. I hope that this video will serve to entertain, as well as shed light upon those who are curious about this class of skill as I once was (and daresay still am).

Do note that this isn't all me getting owned... the only player I am is the Red Marth. I would divulge the identities of the rest of the players, but, alas, that would be rather unnecessary and would jeopardize the well-being of the innocent. I will, however, say that most of the players getting owned are, by now, certainly no pushovers, and weren't too shabby then either.

Now, without further ado, here it is, Owned by a Pro.

For those curious, I made this video using Apple's iMovie.

Do enjoy.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
It was an okay video
it should have been longer with foodtage outside of that tournment
Meh, that's all the footage in regards to the concept I've got. I don't want to go looking for footage recorded by others, either, 'cause that's just lame. And besides, videos outside of this tournament would kind of null the significance behind the video, at least for me. However, the combo at the end when the music is fading out by Dr. Drew was from OHSNAP1, but I decided to include it since not only was it from OK's first OOS experience, but it was just a total **** combo.

Like I said, this video is over six months old, but I just decided that I might as well post it now since Brawl is on the horizon anyway.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yes, the song is "Otherworld" from Final Fantasy X, as mentioned in the credits.

I am aware that this video is not the epitome of the concept, however this is what I was able to make with my limited resources, as well as the fact that this was made to express my (and the rest of OK's) personal experience of getting owned by a pro.

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Ouch...so that's what it will look like when I get owned......Ha ha, at least you guys were good natured about it. The bouncy camera thing made me a little woozy though. I guess everyone has to get owned on their way to greatness. It's like the great circle of life, first you get owned, then you are inspired to become awesome and own others, inspiring greatness in them...and so forth.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I like how you sucked up to the Mod right there.
Lol, Drew's just too good. There's no sucking up though, OK just has a 'lawl' relationship with him (for lack of better words), so it wasn't really serious.

For example, I was torn on whether to use the clip I ended up using where Drew was like, "Put down the camera, go play Smash Brothers" or another clip where I asked Drew (who won the previous OHSNAP tournament) "So, Drew, you're the reigning champ, but there's some new competition here. How do you think you'll stack up?" and he answered "I already told you, I'm not gonna win."

It's kind of an Oklahoma inside joke.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to say that Otherworld is probably one of the best songs to have come out of the video game music world, ever. This video became an automatic 5 star as soon as it started playing :laugh:. Although now I'm sad because I won't be the first person to use it in a combo video :urg:

As for the video itself, I like it. The begining is neat, and now I have a sudden urge to go practice my Marth. Although I started to get a little seasick near the end, most of it was captured well enough that we can at least know what's going on, so I guess that's a bonus.

Nice job overall. It's a nice change from the normal, very entertaining indeed.

(Geez, you know you're a nerd when you can name all those songs and where they're from way before the credits start <_<)

Top Bottom