• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overwatch

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
The Overwatch open beta started today (a day early), are any of you playing it? If you are, who have you been playing as? My favorite character right now is Reaper.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I am, actually.
ILOVEITILOVEITILOVEIT
It was definitely worth waiting for! I'm so glad to finally be able to play this amazingly done game! Can't wait for the full release!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh man, I had watch it's previous beta last year, and I also love it. Even though I play games mostly on Nintendo console, but this games attracts me a lot.
Hope this comes to NX next year... long shoot? Maybe...

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I wound up playing around 2 hours of it last night before I went to bed. School is going to be so long until I can get back to play it more. I had my initial doubts about the game, but the open beta eliminated all of them. Definitely going to be buying this after having tried it.

Mei is my favorite of the characters I've played so far. There's really not that much stuff as appealing as freezing everyone then headshotting them with an icicle. I thought I was going to be maining Widowmaker at first since I enjoy playing snipers, but Mei is just so much fun.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I've played for a solid hour and a half, and I'm very impressed. The varying playstyle of all the characters ensures that you will find someone who suits you. I've fallen in love with McCree's mechanics and personality, and I wish that the bata were longer since my sister's graduation is this weekend.

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Reinhardt. I literally can't get enough of him. His character, his charm, his personality... I love playing him, a lot.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Reinhardt. I literally can't get enough of him. His character, his charm, his personality... I love playing him, a lot.
Walking through Reinhardt's shield usually catches them off guard. Watch out for players who know you can do that.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
We really should turn this into a social hub for Overwatch. That being said, I can't wait to get my copy on May 23rd.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I want this game so bad, but my PC is probably not good enough to run this game decently and I refuse to play a multiplayer fps game besides like CoD or Battlefield on the PS4. Well at least I have about $600 saved up so I want to use it to build a mid-end gaming PC (I've never had or built a PC before).

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I want this game so bad, but my PC is probably not good enough to run this game decently and I refuse to play a multiplayer fps game besides like CoD or Battlefield on the PS4. Well at least I have about $600 saved up so I want to use it to build a mid-end gaming PC (I've never had or built a PC before).
These are the overwatch min specs:
CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8650
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, ATI Radeon™ HD 4850, or Intel HD Graphics 4400
RAM: 4GB
30GB Free Space on your HDD
They're incredibly low, most (recent) computers should be able to run this game.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
These are the overwatch min specs:
CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8650
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, ATI Radeon™ HD 4850, or Intel HD Graphics 4400
RAM: 4GB
30GB Free Space on your HDD
They're incredibly low, most (recent) computers should be able to run this game.
I used a website yesterday to check if my PC could run the game and the only problem was the dedicated video ram on my computer is only like 112MB while the game requires about 712MB. I've played games and run them perfectly fine with less than half the minimum amount of video ram, but I'm not sure I will be satisfied with how the game runs with my video ram being THAT far below the minimum amount. I'm still going to see if I can get the game when it comes out and try it on my current PC, because even if it runs horribly I'm going to have a PC that can run it well within a few months most likely.

P.S. I have tried to increase the amount of video ram on my PC before, but my PC's mobo does't allow me to change it.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Speaking of Overwatch... Found an ad on this thread about buying Overwatch. Watch-ception? Kappa

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I used a website yesterday to check if my PC could run the game and the only problem was the dedicated video ram on my computer is only like 112MB while the game requires about 712MB. I've played games and run them perfectly fine with less than half the minimum amount of video ram, but I'm not sure I will be satisfied with how the game runs with my video ram being THAT far below the minimum amount.

P.S. I have tried to increase the amount of video ram on my PC before, but my PC's mobo does't allow me to change it.
Are you on a desktop or a laptop? If you're on a desktop, you could buy a relatively cheap GPU and install that. (Building a computer is adult Lego, really not that hard. Installing a single part is even easier.)
If you're on a laptop, a 600$ computer should be enough to run Overwatch anyways.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Honestly the wait for the game's hard.

But at least I have BattleBorn by my side.

Either way, I want to try to go for the Collector's edition, but it depends how fast I am at getting it and how lucky I'll be.

Hoping everything turns out well in the end.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Are you on a desktop or a laptop? If you're on a desktop, you could buy a relatively cheap GPU and install that. (Building a computer is adult Lego, really not that hard. Installing a single part is even easier.)
If you're on a laptop, a 600$ computer should be enough to run Overwatch anyways.
I use a desktop. I'll get the game and try to see how it plays before I decide whether or not I really need to buy a GPU. Is the beta still going on? If it is can you access the beta for free or do you need to pre-order? I can't wait to finally play it. I've been really wanting to try out McCree and Reinhardt because the both look really fun to play as. When I got into TF2 in early 2015, I absolutely loved that game and it got me into class based team fps games.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I use a desktop. I'll get the game and try to see how it plays before I decide whether or not I really need to buy a GPU. Is the beta still going on? If it is can you access the beta for free or do you need to pre-order? I can't wait to finally play it. I've been really wanting to try out McCree and Reinhardt because the both look really fun to play as. When I got into TF2 in early 2015, I absolutely loved that game and it got me into class based team fps games.
Beta ended on the 10th. Nobody is able to play until release date.
I got into tf2 around 2011. Although I haven't played it nearly as much as others from that time, it's one of my longstanding favorite games and Overwatch just captures the same experience as playing TF2 for the first time.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
New short came out, today.
Discuss.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I love this game, I just wish I had money. I had to spend all I had on Wii U repairs...

Anyway, Tracer is the best. My favorite playstyle and design in the whole cast.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I want this game so bad, but I am forced to wait about a month to get this game despite having the money to afford it. In a few days I am going to help my dad rearrange some stuff at the computer's desk and I am going to open up the computer to make sure if there is any space to fit one of these in it.
upload_2016-5-23_20-13-55.jpeg

It is a x16 PCIe graphics card so it is pretty small and only costs $30, but my computer case is so small I need to check if it would even fit in the case.

On the other hand I also need to replace the monitor that we have because it is a really old microtek monitor that I sometimes have to repeatedly turn on and off if it has been off for a while ever since a few months ago, and I would like to be able to play a game as good looking as Overwatch on a monitor that looks good.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/overwatch
Wow, Overwatch got 94/100 on Metacritic, even higher than Smash Wii U...
But if you look at the User Score, Smash Wii U is obviously higher.
Overwatch-7.6
Smash Wii U-9.0
This games is awesome, but for the casuals, Smash 4 is still better imo. Not only it's because it's Nintendo but also a series taht I have played for a long time.
Overwatch on the other hand is still game I need to get know more of, and might be the first AAA PC game I will ever played.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/overwatch
Wow, Overwatch got 94/100 on Metacritic, even higher than Smash Wii U...
But if you look at the User Score, Smash Wii U is obviously higher.
Overwatch-7.6
Smash Wii U-9.0
This games is awesome, but for the casuals, Smash 4 is still better imo. Not only it's because it's Nintendo but also a series taht I have played for a long time.
Overwatch on the other hand is still game I need to get know more of, and might be the first AAA PC game I will ever played.
Well it seems that the general opinion is that Overwatch is a better game than Smash Wii U, but its not like it is a bad thing because that is just their opinion. Honestly no Smash game would even make it into my top 15 favorite games I've ever played other than PM, maybe in my top 30 but there are definitely at least 20 games I can say I enjoy playing more than any (Official) Smash game. Don't worry too much about other people's opinion on something, the only thing that matters is if you enjoy the game or not.

This actually gave me an idea to make a thread.....

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems that the general opinion is that Overwatch is a better game than Smash Wii U, but its not like it is a bad thing because that is just their opinion. Honestly no Smash game would even make it into my top 15 favorite games I've ever played other than PM, maybe in my top 30 but there are definitely at least 20 games I can say I enjoy playing more than any (Official) Smash game. Don't worry too much about other people's opinion on something, the only thing that matters is if you enjoy the game or not.

This, and the games are from 2 different genres. It's hard to compare apples and oranges, isn't it?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Yeah, but like I said I wasn't surprise when I saw User Score of both of those games. Smash Wii U obviously has greater praise than Overwatch when it comes to casual/normal gamers. I still can't enjoy Overwatch's gameplay live stream that much before I still don't really know how the game really works besides shooting. By the way I don't like playing this game with mouse and keyboard, I would rather play this game on either a controller or a console.

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
Every Smash game is better than Overwatch imo.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Every Smash game is better than Overwatch imo.
Um... it's kind of "overshadowing" Overwatch when you compare it to previous Smash games...

I can't really agreed this until I really had played Smash 64 and Overwatch.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
By the way I don't like playing this game with mouse and keyboard, I would rather play this game on either a controller or a console.
That's the issue, Keyboard and Mouse are almost always superior to a controller in FPS games.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's the issue, Keyboard and Mouse are almost always superior to a controller in FPS games.
If the gameplay is smooth and on Keyboards and Mouse that IS for gaming, maybe. But those are often expensive and I only have my laptop for now...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Apples to oranges.

They're completely incomparable games.
I'm fine if Overwatch is compared to Smash Wii U, sort of... (And we are at Smashboards afterall.)

But I'm totally agree.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Sorry for DD post, but I have to...

It seems the Metacritic has retrieved the score and now it's 91 for PC, 90 for PS4, and 92 for Xbox One. So if it comes to score, Overwatch and Smash Wii U are both equally awesome.

However, Smash Wii U still lose to Overwatch on Game Informer and Destructriod's score. But Smash Wii U is still beats Overwatch on IGN's score only by 0.4 score.

Yes, both games outscores each other only with minimum on many game reviewing sites. So both games are all equally great as a Multiplayer game.

However, one thing that I personally think Overwatch did better than Smash Wii U is how they promote the game by releasing animate shorts. True that Smash 4 have character trailers, but that's pretty much it. Since they don't make Story mode cutscenes because they brag about them being leaked online. Why not just officially make those cutscenes or animate shorts and post on Youtube as promoting the game?

But one thing that Smash Wii U totally beats Overwatch, has to be it's soundtrack. Overwatch's OST sounds awesome. But Smash Wii U has like over 500+ OST from all of the Nintendo's iconic franchise. And yeah Blizzard is not a game company where their games are famous for awesome OST. But this is actually why I love Nintendo games the most, their OST are just epic.

Last edited:

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
There's really not that much stuff as appealing as freezing everyone then headshotting them with an icicle.
Same reason I like Mei! It's incredibly satisfying to do.
---
For healer/support I really like Lucio's gimmick, it reminds me of my Bard in FFXIV, being able to speed people up and heal (well... Bards heal MP instead) with the power of music. Plus his design is pretty cool, he looks like he jumped right out of Jet Set Radio.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Same reason I like Mei! It's incredibly satisfying to do.
---
For healer/support I really like Lucio's gimmick, it reminds me of my Bard in FFXIV, being able to speed people up and heal (well... Bards heal MP instead) with the power of music. Plus his design is pretty cool, he looks like he jumped right out of Jet Set Radio.
One thing me and Mei have in common... we both are/speak Chinese (Sort of). I know most character change language depending on which region you get, but I Mei still speaks Chinese in the English version of Overwatch right?

So yeah, I know what was she talking about when attacking. I remember she said "Don't you dare get away!" (休想走!) In some gameplay.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for DD post, but I have to...

It seems the Metacritic has retrieved the score and now it's 91 for PC, 90 for PS4, and 92 for Xbox One. So if it comes to score, Overwatch and Smash Wii U are both equally awesome.

However, Smash Wii U still lose to Overwatch on Game Informer and Destructriod's score. But Smash Wii U is still beats Overwatch on IGN's score only by 0.4 score.

Yes, both games outscores each other only with minimum on many game reviewing sites. So both games are all equally great as a Multiplayer game.
And Cory in the house has a 95 on metacritic. Don't trust metacritic at all.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And Cory in the house has a 95 on metacritic. Don't trust metacritic at all.
Cory in the house has video game? Are you meaning the DS game?
Uh.. last I checked it doesn't have a Metacritic score, it only has user score with 9.5...
You can roughly say User Scores can't be trusted...
It seems that it's the people from Reddit took over the Metacritic page and ruined the User Score, Memes can be powerful sometimes...

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I got to play a little bit of overwatch last night at a party on the ps4. After I played it last night I just want to play more of the game now. I'm not going to worry about getting it on PC until it is upgraded, so I think I would be satisfied with just playing the PS4 version. I played as McCree, Hanzo, Genji, and Widowmaker. I was doing the best with McCree and Hanzo and the worst with Widowmaker. Learning to snipe with a controller will take a while for me to learn, but in past games I have been able to have really good aim with sniper rifles while using a controller. When I get the game myself I'm probably going to use Soldier 76 and Reaper as beginner characters to learn the games mechanics.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I feel like people are asking too much on what to nerf for McCree. I can understand reducing the damage numbers of Fan the Hammer to less than 50 per bullet, but adding a cooldown for it? That disrupts his entire flow and would seriously nerf him as bad as Sakurai nerfed Bayonetta.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I feel like people are asking too much on what to nerf for McCree. I can understand reducing the damage numbers of Fan the Hammer to less than 50 per bullet, but adding a cooldown for it? That disrupts his entire flow and would seriously nerf him as bad as Sakurai nerfed Bayonetta.
Hope they can make the game more balance.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I recently hear Overwatch's Japanese character voice.

Good:
Reaper
Soldier 76
D. Va
Mercy
Junkrat
Genji
Mcree
Zarya
Pharah
Lucio

Meh, not bad:
Tracer
Widow Maker
Hanzo
Roadhog
Zenyatta
Reinhardt
Torbjorn
Winston

I left out Bastion because well... he never speak...
Who technically shouldn't speak Japanese:
Mei... for obvious reasons...

If you guys ask is Taiwan region's Chinese VA good? I say they aren't good, at least imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom