• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overwatch

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Last night I found a wonderful group to play with, we all worked as a team and had fun. It was really cool to have 5 other people you know that you can count on. Anyways, I friended all of them in hopes of playing with them again.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last night I found a wonderful group to play with, we all worked as a team and had fun. It was really cool to have 5 other people you know that you can count on. Anyways, I friended all of them in hopes of playing with them again.
Wow, that's awesome. We usually neet rude people online. But Overwatch is just an awesome game to meet good teammates.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Once again sorry for DD post bust this one is pretty hilarious:
The panel Mei says: Freeze, don't go! In Chinese. That's what she also says in the game.

Mei is bae but also cruel.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just got a PC capable of running the game, (I pre-ordered it before realizing that I should check the specs) and I'm enjoying it so far. Admittedly, I've only played against AI, and only as four characters, but my first impressions are as follows:

Torbjorn: I'm used to playing as the Engineer in Team Fortress 2, but Torbjorn seems like a downgrade since he doesn't have anything like the Dispenser (to heal teammates or supply ammo) or Teleporter (to get them across the battlefield quicker, though maps seem smaller than in TF2). Still, I could see him being devastating in the right hands.

McCree: I had a tough time using him. He doesn't seem to have much in the way of firepower, mobility, or health. Maybe I wasn't using him correctly (I looked up a video afterwards, and apparently he excels in one-on-one fights using flashbangs), but I wasn't as big of a fan of him as the others.

Tracer: went with her after dying as McCree, and I found her more enjoyable. Her ability to teleport short distances works really well for getting her around the battlefield or dodging enemies, and her guns fire at a pretty fast pace. Her ultimate seems hard to use, though.

D. Va: really enjoyed playing as her - her attack options may be limited, but her weapons are great, her flight lets her get around the battlefield quickly, and as a tank, she's got a lot of health.

I've still got 17 characters to go, but I'll definitely be splitting my time between this, Team Fortress 2, and the new Doom this summer.

Also, how's the online community in this? I've generally steered away from online after a bad experience with League of Legends, but this seems similar to Team Fortress 2 in terms of gameplay (though seemingly lacking anyone like the Pyro and Spy), so I might give online a shot at some point.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just got a PC capable of running the game, (I pre-ordered it before realizing that I should check the specs) and I'm enjoying it so far. Admittedly, I've only played against AI, and only as four characters, but my first impressions are as follows:

Torbjorn: I'm used to playing as the Engineer in Team Fortress 2, but Torbjorn seems like a downgrade since he doesn't have anything like the Dispenser (to heal teammates or supply ammo) or Teleporter (to get them across the battlefield quicker, though maps seem smaller than in TF2). Still, I could see him being devastating in the right hands.

McCree: I had a tough time using him. He doesn't seem to have much in the way of firepower, mobility, or health. Maybe I wasn't using him correctly (I looked up a video afterwards, and apparently he excels in one-on-one fights using flashbangs), but I wasn't as big of a fan of him as the others.

Tracer: went with her after dying as McCree, and I found her more enjoyable. Her ability to teleport short distances works really well for getting her around the battlefield or dodging enemies, and her guns fire at a pretty fast pace. Her ultimate seems hard to use, though.

D. Va: really enjoyed playing as her - her attack options may be limited, but her weapons are great, her flight lets her get around the battlefield quickly, and as a tank, she's got a lot of health.

I've still got 17 characters to go, but I'll definitely be splitting my time between this, Team Fortress 2, and the new Doom this summer.

Also, how's the online community in this? I've generally steered away from online after a bad experience with League of Legends, but this seems similar to Team Fortress 2 in terms of gameplay (though seemingly lacking anyone like the Pyro and Spy), so I might give online a shot at some point.
I might take your character opinions as reference when I get the game.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'd say Mei is closest to Pyro-she thrives on ambushes like he did. Though she's a lot more helpless at range than the Pyro I feel, and of course she has some different tricks than he does.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd say Mei is closest to Pyro-she thrives on ambushes like he did. Though she's a lot more helpless at range than the Pyro I feel, and of course she has some different tricks than he does.
Thanks! Pyro's my favourite TF2 class, so I'm glad to know that there's someone in this game who plays like him/her.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! Pyro's my favourite TF2 class, so I'm glad to know that there's someone in this game who plays like him/her.
Too bad fighting her is extremely frustrating. I can't play her with a clear conscience, I feel sympathy toward all the poor souls who have to die a slow painful death by fighting a Mei.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Has anyone tried the Overwatch mouse made by Razor?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Um sorry for another double post.
I recently just bought Overwatch and my battlenet name tag is Mario#41423, anyone who also have the game can add me.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I can't tell you how interested I am in wanting to get Overwatch (xbone version that is since I don't have a PC or a PS4 as of yet), but having only an online mode and not offline really gives me pause for thought even though I'd get it mainly for the online experience. It's like a Smash version of First Person Shooter so you can't really pass this up right?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I know this is an old post but I am still gonna reply it.
Well, not for me recently, it's either my team can't really count on or it us just I often meet high level teams. Or teams that can't deal with Bastions or Tobjorn's turrents. I remember I got like 6 straight loss yesterday. That was the time I got so salty when playing Overwatch. But fair enough, the only excuse I have is that my mouse isn't like the on for esports, and the frame sometimes drops a bit when the match gets intense. It's not like a big issue but just annoying.
I can't tell you how interested I am in wanting to get Overwatch (xbone version that is since I don't have a PC or a PS4 as of yet), but having only an online mode and not offline really gives me pause for thought even though I'd get it mainly for the online experience. It's like a Smash version of First Person Shooter so you can't really pass this up right?
Not really, the game good and beginner friendly. I recommend you buy PC version though.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I didn't get the summer games tracer... FeelsBadMan
That's okay, hope they can release it again sometime in the future.
I want the UK summer games tracer, but I got the Track and Field version, and France Widowmaker.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I know what you mean, I REALLY wanted Japan Genji and USA McCree T__T

bout to go spam the OW forums asking Bliz to make them available again
Maybe when Halloween comes, Reaper might have more cool skin, and so as other character.
And this is my first recorded video with the Xbox app I have in my Win 10.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I got Overwatch on Saturday for the PS4 and I've been having a lot of fun. I even have three friends who also have the game that I can play with. Earlier I was playing with two friends and we ended up winning a lot of matches, one of them even once told me that if we did get the game he would refuse to play anything other than DPS, but his two favorite heroes to use are D.VA and Ana.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got Overwatch on Saturday for the PS4 and I've been having a lot of fun. I even have three friends who also have the game that I can play with. Earlier I was playing with two friends and we ended up winning a lot of matches, one of them even once told me that if we did get the game he would refuse to play anything other than DPS, but his two favorite heroes to use are D.VA and Ana.
Well, my overall lost is more than win unfortunately.
DPS I play Reaper the most.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I usually lose more than I win, but when I was playing with them yesterday we only lost about 2 matches the whole time.
That's good, and can't wait until they announce the Christmas event.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I bought Overwatch 3 days ago, and DANG is it fun! I love the game so far, as it's the only FPS I feel that I can be remotely good in within the future. My 5 "mains" right now are Tracer, D.Va, Genji, Torbjorn, and Mercy.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I bought Overwatch 3 days ago, and DANG is it fun! I love the game so far, as it's the only FPS I feel that I can be remotely good in within the future. My 5 "mains" right now are Tracer, D.Va, Genji, Torbjorn, and Mercy.
Which version did you buy? I bought the PC version.
Hope you can try Soldier 76 as well, since he is a more flexible DPS to use.
I use Reaper, Lucio, Mei, D.Va, Soldier 76, Junkrat and Sombra the most.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Which version did you buy? I bought the PC version.
Hope you can try Soldier 76 as well, since he is a more flexible DPS to use.
I use Reaper, Lucio, Mei, D.Va, Soldier 76, Junkrat and Sombra the most.
I have the PC version as well!

76 is pretty fun and also easy to use. He's also a high tier and the best offense class character right now if my understanding is correct. Still, I like Tracer as my favorite offense character and my favorite character overall because of her fast playstyle.

Out of my five, it goes: Tracer > Mercy > D.Va > Torbjorn > Genji

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have the PC version as well!

76 is pretty fun and also easy to use. He's also a high tier and the best offense class character right now if my understanding is correct. Still, I like Tracer as my favorite offense character and my favorite character overall because of her fast playstyle.

Out of my five, it goes: Tracer > Mercy > D.Va > Torbjorn > Genji
Well, if you want my Bnet name tag and have some matches, you can PM me anytime :)
If you are interested in the Overwatch lore then yeah, she is a cool character. I started to use her more often months ago.

Top Bottom