• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overrated Games

Minato

穏やかじゃない
SA2 sounds hard to go back to if I ever did a brand new playthrough. Even as a kid I was impatient and just wanted to get to the next Sonic/Shadow level. Chao Garden was awesome though.

finalark

SNORLAX
SA2 sounds hard to go back to if I ever did a brand new playthrough. Even as a kid I was impatient and just wanted to get to the next Sonic/Shadow level. Chao Garden was awesome though.
I actually like most of Tail's and Eggman's levels. Well, most of Eggman's levels, Tail's levels tended to be pretty forgettable IMO.

Whenever I do a new play through of SA2 I never look forward to the later treasure hunting levels. Specifically the two space levels, since those are ****ing huge and give purposely confusing hints.

SA2 is my favorite game because I played hell out of it as a kid, and even today if I'm ever feeling down just picking it up and playing a few levels always puts me in a better mood. But it hasn't aged well in a lot of ways. I'm willing to admit that if I had never played it when I was younger then I probably wouldn't care much for it. Still aged better than SA1, though.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I wouldn't recommend replaying it. The game is actually pretty bad. Uninteresting level design and the lack of polish really hurt.

And anything outside Sonic/Shadow levels are just downright terrible. 3D Sonic didn't get good until Color.

As for overrated games, idk. The hyperbole for TLOU these days are annoying though, and I don't particularly think Mario Galaxy is game of the generation because of its bad pacing and slow movement but that's not really "overrated".

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I wouldn't recommend replaying it. The game is actually pretty bad. Uninteresting level design and the lack of polish really hurt.

And anything outside Sonic/Shadow levels are just downright terrible. 3D Sonic didn't get good until Color.
I actually like a lot of the Tails/Eggman levels, but nearly all of the Knuckles/Rouge levels are pretty terrible due to being too damn big and often having some kinda horrible gimmick. Security Hall in particular tends to trip people up for being ****ing huge, having a short time limit and requiring many deaths before you fully figure out how to navigate the level. These days I don't really have a problem with it, but that's from dumping 100+ hours into the game between the GCN and DC versions across countless playthroughs. So that really doesn't count.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Titanfall! Yeah its got robots to keep things fresh, but im honestly sick of all these FPS's coming out and game sites like the crackheads at "cant spell IGNorant with IGN" acting like its the second coming of Christ or in Adam Sessler of X-Play fame's case act like its sh*t don't smell then unfairly bash on a game like infamous second son for asinine reasons like it being repetitive or knocking sony for trying to keep the game spoiler free till release!
If it replaces Call of Duty then I don't give a ****. I would readily face six years of constant Titanfall sequels just to see the salty tears stream down Bobby Kotick's face...

Last edited:
Top Bottom