• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Over the adult? :O

Paix

Smash Apprentice
I didn't find a Q&A thread here, so here's my question...

Why did ya'll main/secondary Young Link over Link? I'm not saying it's a bad decision to do so, but what are the reasons you actually did. For being lighter, the better wavedash, better recovery, or whatever. State your reasons :p

I've posted this on the Link boards, but converted for them slightly, of course. Here's the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9287079#post9287079

Thanks, I've been thinking about this for a while... :chuckle:

rhan

Smash Hero
I play him for the speed difference mainly.

Also I just feel more confortable playing with him and how unique his moves are even though he's a clone.

eagletrent242

Smash Apprentice
Wow I can't believe I get to post this before TRC :)

FIRE SPIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's faster, better wavedash, boomerang is more mobile, bombs damage in rounds rather than burst, better recovery, he's at first glance better and cooler, better taunt, he's a kid wonder. What more do you need?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Young Link is the only character in the history of video games I have felt completely comfortable with. He is the one character that feels exactly perfect for me, despite his shortcomings (short, lol)

Link isn't even similar to me. I used to play Link some back in the day (still can, I guess) but once I played Lil Lank seriously I realized how little I understood of Link, and how much I understood Lil.

For reference the closest characters I have ever completely identified with gameplay wise aside from YL are
2. Robo-Ky (Guilty Gear Accent Core)
3. Dudely (Street Fighter 3 : 3rd Strike)

but still they have nothing on the almost symbiotic relationship I have with the little one. he's my boy. nothing feels better in this game to me than him. though Falco does feel pretty comfortable sometimes, yet, he has a speed I cannot tap.

legion598

Smash Ace
^how I feel about falcon
chipp (guilty gear xx)
and vega (SF series)

but ya I would much rather use YL for his speed and higher level of mischief. his mischief is top tier

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I like YL's speed.

Also, just wondering if you guys knew this: Did you know that Ganon's Up+B when he's standing on the ground, out-ranges YL's Dtilt?

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Ph1re $p1k3$ rock my sox. Link has nothing that feels as good as pulling off a fire spike for me. I laso enjoy the ability to wall jump, since I enjoy my shenanigans. The move properties also feel more natural to me. Lil Link just feels more natural.

rhan

Smash Hero
I wish I wasn't at school and had a working computer at home so I cuold watch that potentially AMAZING video...

Jash we miss you here!

Top Bottom