• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, never played much of MGS but still enjoyed playing as Snake in Brawl. Supporting this time too. He's totally out of place in this game but in my opinion that's why he fits in so perfectly. Konami and Nintendo should get their things straight and bring him back.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright, here's something worth speculating over I suppose.

After E3 came and gone with no sure sign of Smash it's seeming more and more likely that the next Smash game to be released, the Namco branded 'Smash 6', will be completely new, from the ground up, game. With that in mind do you guys think it'll be more likely for him to appear in a brand new game or in an enhanced port?

Personally I would think that it'd be more likely with an enhanced port. Thinking more on it though I'm getting the feeling a brand new game will be more in Snake's favor. A new game from the ground up will cause a lot more attention to be drawn to the game making Konami want to be in on the action more. Renewing a contract to have Snake in it would be beneficial for both parties. This also corresponds to every single 3rd party veteran thus far. All the contracts will have to be renewed. Meaning Nintendo will have to visit Sega x2, persumably Platinum as well, Capcom, Capcom USA, Square Enix, and Namco. It would surprise me if Nintendo didn't go to Konami to do the same or vice versa. The outcry for Snake has been quite a loud one, especially after Cloud and Ryu. Who's to say they won't pull a Sega or Capcom and add two Konami characters?

I'm finally getting excited for Smash speculation again after this thought and I hope you guys are too. We're less than a year out from the next window of a probable official announcement. Next E3. So this is when anything we speculate is a possibility because, well, we know nothing.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I totally see them negotiate for getting Snake and Bomberman. Maybe even Simon Belmont.

Really, the biggest icons still missing from Smash are all owned by Konami.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Going to be honest here, when Snake was announced for Brawl, I wasn't keen on his inclusion. After a while, he grew on me a little bit. It was a shame that he didn't return for Smash 3DS and Smash WiiU (likely Konami's fault), so I wouldn't mind him back for Smash 6. Plus he was unique, so he deserves to have a chance back on the roster.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

It's Kojima's birthday so let's all wish him a happy birthday and thanks for creating a fantastic franchise full of great characters.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Alright, here's something worth speculating over I suppose.

After E3 came and gone with no sure sign of Smash it's seeming more and more likely that the next Smash game to be released, the Namco branded 'Smash 6', will be completely new, from the ground up, game. With that in mind do you guys think it'll be more likely for him to appear in a brand new game or in an enhanced port?

Personally I would think that it'd be more likely with an enhanced port. Thinking more on it though I'm getting the feeling a brand new game will be more in Snake's favor. A new game from the ground up will cause a lot more attention to be drawn to the game making Konami want to be in on the action more. Renewing a contract to have Snake in it would be beneficial for both parties. This also corresponds to every single 3rd party veteran thus far. All the contracts will have to be renewed. Meaning Nintendo will have to visit Sega x2, persumably Platinum as well, Capcom, Capcom USA, Square Enix, and Namco. It would surprise me if Nintendo didn't go to Konami to do the same or vice versa. The outcry for Snake has been quite a loud one, especially after Cloud and Ryu. Who's to say they won't pull a Sega or Capcom and add two Konami characters?

I'm finally getting excited for Smash speculation again after this thought and I hope you guys are too. We're less than a year out from the next window of a probable official announcement. Next E3. So this is when anything we speculate is a possibility because, well, we know nothing.
I'm going to be raining on the parade a bit, but it is a bit of wishful thinking.

Someone like Snake, who was already in the game, will have a higher opportunity cost than a brand new character. Someone new will always grab more attention. It's more exciting to say "Hey, look at this new guy in Smash," rather than talking about someone who has been in before.

And I doubt it's as easy to get all these characters. "Everyone will just get on board and it will be one big happy party." Great for dream rosters, but I don't see it working that way. Smash Wii U is already a legal nightmare (which is why I say hold on to your copy as it will be very hard to re-release it), and it will be even worse to pile more onto it. You also have to think the priority of this game is going to Splatoon and ARMS (assuming Nintendo doesn't get a new series out sometime before Smash releases). Nintendo has shown they will be involved in character selection (this happened with FE Warriors) and they want to promote their IPs. I'm not saying it wont happen, but I think this "everyone is getting in on the action" thing is wishful thinking.

And again, there is a lot of strategic elements as well. I've spoken about the licensing issues before, but there is also the fact Nintendo will want to promote their IP (this was a strategic initiative started round 2014-15).

To conclude, I don't see Snake coming back. If Nintendo does want to get the rights to him, it would be for Brawl. Maybe then DLC could be possible? As far as guest characters go, I think the next game will scale back for a few reasons, but if we are talking about a new character, it'll be Monster Hunter. '

But otherwise, I agree. I'm excited for speculation. I'm a big dumb idiot and love this stuff. But I'll take my leave from ruining everyone's fun.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Someone like Snake, who was already in the game, will have a higher opportunity cost than a brand new character. Someone new will always grab more attention. It's more exciting to say "Hey, look at this new guy in Smash," rather than talking about someone who has been in before.
Alright, fair enough. Just to bite back though~

This didn't happen with Mewtwo. Mewtwo was on of the biggest things about DLC. Sure, he may have been overshadowed in the long run but as Sakurai stated himself, "Cuts are hard and painful because each character has a lot of fans", paraphrased, of course but just because Snake was a veteran doesn't mean he doesn't make any sort of splash whatsoever as you seem to be inferring. The fact that Snake was one of the most highly requested characters in the DLC timeframe.
And I doubt it's as easy to get all these characters. "Everyone will just get on board and it will be one big happy party." Great for dream rosters, but I don't see it working that way. Smash Wii U is already a legal nightmare (which is why I say hold on to your copy as it will be very hard to re-release it), and it will be even worse to pile more onto it. You also have to think the priority of this game is going to Splatoon and ARMS (assuming Nintendo doesn't get a new series out sometime before Smash releases). Nintendo has shown they will be involved in character selection (this happened with FE Warriors) and they want to promote their IPs. I'm not saying it wont happen, but I think this "everyone is getting in on the action" thing is wishful thinking.
Sakurai stated that Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta we're all very easy to get. And that the only matter of tension in getting characters was traditionally Pokemon characters, and that statement came directly from Gamefreak I believe. Sakurai not Nintendo has ever referred to any of the Smash games as a "legal nightmare" but if that were the case it wouldn't just be for Wii U and 3DS. Going back to what I said earlier, Pokemon would be the biggest detriment to the release of all the games because of how picky The Pokemon Company is about their property. On the Fire Emblem Warriors thing, your comparing apples to... Elephants. That statement is such a grab bag because, unlike Smash, Fire Emblem got popular because of Awakening and Fates thus it's obvious they would want to focus on those games because it reaches the widest audience
And again, there is a lot of strategic elements as well. I've spoken about the licensing issues before, but there is also the fact Nintendo will want to promote their IP (this was a strategic initiative started round 2014-15).
The licencing issues are not public so any issues that you may be referring to is just speculation. Literally, we know not a single reason why Snake was cut. Source on the strategic initiative? Hasn't that initiative always been a focus? Of course they want to promote their IPs. They always have and always will.
To conclude, I don't see Snake coming back. If Nintendo does want to get the rights to him, it would be for Brawl. Maybe then DLC could be possible? As far as guest characters go, I think the next game will scale back for a few reasons, but if we are talking about a new character, it'll be Monster Hunter. '
Totally fair that you don't see Snake coming back. He's definitely got a few things going against him. I would disagree with you on then scaling back in a future game. Considering people thought the same would be done between Brawl and Wii U, and it kinda did with Snake getting cut, and then we get Sonic AND 5 more, brand new 3rd party characters. Er, I don't see Monster Hunter likely in the slightest, though if you support him then more power to you. He/she would be a cool character regardless. It just seems like a bit of a reach to say Monster Hunter would get in above Rayman, Bomberman, or hell, even Snake.
But otherwise, I agree. I'm excited for speculation. I'm a big dumb idiot and love this stuff. But I'll take my leave from ruining everyone's fun.
Same, I'm really ready for some real news on the next Smash real soon so that speculation can pick up to the fever pitch that it was a few years ago. Can't wait.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Safe to say Sonic in Brawl was the only third party character with serious internal conflicts. Snake was an integral part of promoting the game from the first trailer onward. With Sakurai and Kojima being buddies it was easier of course. The lack of MGS representation in Smash 4 could likely be priority based. Capcom must have proven to be a more favorable offer at the time plus Bandai Namco was helping with development. Konami never showed much for either of Nintendo's current platforms at the time by comparison.

Post development on Smash 4 vanilla may tell a different story. You have a second third party rep for Capcom and Sega, plus brand new representation for Square Enix. As Smash moves on as a franchise, I don't doubt we will be seeing a stronger embrace for third party representation. Maybe where each company can get two like:
Sega - Sonic and Bayonetta
Capcom - Mega Man and Ryu
Bandai Namco - Pac-Man and Klonoa
Square Enix - Cloud and Geno
Konami - Snake and Bomberman/Simon Belmont

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Alright, fair enough. Just to bite back though~

This didn't happen with Mewtwo. Mewtwo was on of the biggest things about DLC. Sure, he may have been overshadowed in the long run but as Sakurai stated himself, "Cuts are hard and painful because each character has a lot of fans", paraphrased, of course but just because Snake was a veteran doesn't mean he doesn't make any sort of splash whatsoever as you seem to be inferring. The fact that Snake was one of the most highly requested characters in the DLC timeframe.
I've said this so many times before, but people need to stop doing this quote soup stuff. You loss all the flow of the original message and it does the conversation a dissevers

When I'm saying in opportunity cost is comparing licensed characters. Mewtwo is owned by Nintendo through the Pokemon Company. The same is true with Lucas and Roy. Snake is owned by Konami so you have to get Konami's approval (and probably pay them) to make it happen. So if your going to go through all that trouble, why get an old character. Why not get a new one. This is the issue.

Sakurai stated that Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta we're all very easy to get. And that the only matter of tension in getting characters was traditionally Pokemon characters, and that statement came directly from Gamefreak I believe. Sakurai not Nintendo has ever referred to any of the Smash games as a "legal nightmare" but if that were the case it wouldn't just be for Wii U and 3DS. Going back to what I said earlier, Pokemon would be the biggest detriment to the release of all the games because of how picky The Pokemon Company is about their property. On the Fire Emblem Warriors thing, your comparing apples to... Elephants. That statement is such a grab bag because, unlike Smash, Fire Emblem got popular because of Awakening and Fates thus it's obvious they would want to focus on those games because it reaches the widest audience
I hate to be that guy, but your gonna have to provide a statement on those characters being "easy." Sakurai I know has spoken on Bayonetta being easier due to Nintendo publishing her game. The reason I call it a legal nightmare is because it is. You have 5 separate companies in addition to the Nintendo licenses to deal with.Pokemon wont be as bad as Nintendo owns, directly, 33% of the brand and Pokemon has always been on Nintendo's systems as a result. This is a big differences from someone else owning a property you want. And this is a multimillion dollar game. These companies know the game generates a lot of cash so they are going to want a payday if their character is in. (Link for Pokemon. Interesting article: http://toucharcade.com/2016/07/28/who-owns-pokemon-anyway-its-complicated/)

Your point on apples to elephants is moot because you misunderstand my point. What I'm saying is Nintendo got involved with those project to get content they wanted in them (which would probably have been Lucina). In comparison, Nintendo will want to get their new series, Splatoon and ARMS, into Smash.

The licencing issues are not public so any issues that you may be referring to is just speculation. Literally, we know not a single reason why Snake was cut. Source on the strategic initiative? Hasn't that initiative always been a focus? Of course they want to promote their IPs. They always have and always will.
What I'm saying about licensing is they aren't as simple as you and others make them. I think fans have this idea that Sakurai walks into someones office and says "Hey man, we should totally put X in the game." There is going to be far more work behind the scenes, more agreements and money changing hand. You are talking about major IPs for these company for a game that will generate over $100 million. It's not simple.

The IP thing is specifically addressing Nintendo's strategies of promoting their IP which Iwata talked about in an investor briefing. This was when Nintendo got into mobile games and the theme par

Totally fair that you don't see Snake coming back. He's definitely got a few things going against him. I would disagree with you on then scaling back in a future game. Considering people thought the same would be done between Brawl and Wii U, and it kinda did with Snake getting cut, and then we get Sonic AND 5 more, brand new 3rd party characters. Er, I don't see Monster Hunter likely in the slightest, though if you support him then more power to you. He/she would be a cool character regardless. It just seems like a bit of a reach to say Monster Hunter would get in above Rayman, Bomberman, or hell, even Snake.

Same, I'm really ready for some real news on the next Smash real soon so that speculation can pick up to the fever pitch that it was a few years ago. Can't wait.
The reason I say Monster Hunter it checks all the boxes. You have a major series which is popular worldwide (albeit still more popular in Japan) that has a large presence on Nintendo consoles and could be unique. I don't really care for guest characters as many people know. I'm OK if its kept to a minimum. How they handled it in Brawl was good. Smash 4 was a cluster****.

Since you mention it, I'll explain why I'm saying I think they are going to scale back. Its not just licensing, although licensing is kind of the straw the broke the camels back. To keep it brief, Iwata generally left his developers do what they thought was best. It could be argued if this was a strength or flaw (as its this mindset that let trash like Other M happen). We don't know much about Kimishima. There have only been three games made under his influence (1-2-Switch, ARMS, and Splatoon 2). If that was the only thing, I don't think it would matter, but you have a few other issues. The first is that Nintendo has more new IPs than before. There have only been 4 new series made after 1999 that are in Smash. ARMS and Splatoon would increase this by 50 percent. Alternatively, Nintendo has already used the most popular guest characters. There aren't many mega names left. Or, to put it another way, there aren't many names left that are bigger than your major Nintendo characters. The most popular character for Brawl was Sonic. The most popular character for Smash 4 was Megaman. The most popular character for Smash 5 is Inkling. See the change? There will also be a need to cut characters and the licensed ones would be the most advantages.

I've spoken already on re-releases, but I want to point something out. Brawl came out 10 years ago and Smash 4 started development let's say 6 years ago (2011 was the E3 the game was announced). There wasn't a concern about licensing the game. But Nintendo may have run into the issues now. There may have been issued with the VC release of Brawl (as its only of the only major Nintendo games not on the Wii U). Nintendo may have looked at a port of the Wii U game and ran into trouble (would likely have to renew the licenses). And there is the potential for a Wii Classic, which runs into the Brawl problem. So you have new management, more Nintendo characters, fewer major guest characters, concerns over licensing and a strategic goal of pushing IPs. All of this is why I think they will scale back. They may not totally end guest characters, but I don't think its going to be the dream rosters everyone is hyping themselves into.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
From our awesome friend AndreaAC AndreaAC I bring you this amazing crossover between the Too Big Ridley himself, and our boi Snake.

Thanks so much for this, Andrea!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Speaking of licensing, First 4 Figures announced that they're doing a Solid Snake figure.

Check out the figure here:

Well, 3 versions of the same figure.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm slowly starting to accept Metal Gear Survive for what it is. A spinoff like Metal Gear Ac!d or Rising. That's how I'm processing this game. It's just kind of a shame that because of the position the franchise, and the company, is in it's getting a lot of hate. Which it's definitely warranted. I hear it's a very fun game though and if that's the case and it gets good reviews and it blasts past haters of the game then I'll pick it up. I really want this to be the stepping stone into another Metal Gear because I feel like the franchise can live on without Kojima. It just needs the push in the right direction.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm slowly starting to accept Metal Gear Survive for what it is. A spinoff like Metal Gear Ac!d or Rising. That's how I'm processing this game. It's just kind of a shame that because of the position the franchise, and the company, is in it's getting a lot of hate. Which it's definitely warranted. I hear it's a very fun game though and if that's the case and it gets good reviews and it blasts past haters of the game then I'll pick it up. I really want this to be the stepping stone into another Metal Gear because I feel like the franchise can live on without Kojima. It just needs the push in the right direction.
The way I see it is not that the series can't live on without him; it's that the series is still run by Konami and the poor treatment they gave one of their most beloved creators. Good game or no, a scummy company is still a scummy company, and there's still no excuse for the way they treated Kojima.

D

Deleted member

I never played a single MGS game in my life, but MAN was Snake fun in Brawl (I especially loved his forward Smash).
Plus he adds so much diversity to the roster. I want him back!
So add me to the support list please, cuz I support the Snek. :snake:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What would be your guys opinions on MGSV The Complete Experience being ported over to Switch next year? You figure it's too late or do you think any time is good.

While I was playing Doom I realized how well it did on Switch and it immediately made me think about how The Phantom Pain was able to run on PS3 and 360 which is inferior power wise to the Switch.

I'd maybe even be down for Metal Gear Survive coming to Switch, honestly.

D

Deleted member

What would be your guys opinions on MGSV The Complete Experience being ported over to Switch next year?
I'd be down for that since I don't have a PS4, so I can't play the original version.
Though I will need to play the previous 4 games first...

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I would totally play again MGSV on the go.

I'd be down for that since I don't have a PS4, so I can't play the original version.
Though I will need to play the previous 4 games first...
For V you actually only need 3 and Peace Walker, since it is still in the Big Boss era.

D

Deleted member

For V you actually only need 3 and Peace Walker, since it is still in the Big Boss era.
I didn't even know Peace Walker was a thing up until now, and appearently it never released on any system I own or can emulate. There's also MGS4 which came out on the PS3 only, and Snake Eater has a 3DS remake but I doubt it's good.
That kinda screws me up.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I didn't even know Peace Walker was a thing up until now, and appearently it never released on any system I own or can emulate. There's also MGS4 which came out on the PS3 only, and Snake Eater has a 3DS remake but I doubt it's good.
That kinda screws me up.
Snake Eater 3D is actually surprisingly good. It's like the Doom Switch version. Not exactly ideal gameplay wise but competent enough. It's sluggish with the framerate and the controls are a bit finicky without the New 3DS right nub/right stick add on for older 3DS'.

I have it. I loved it. So really, Peace Walker is your only problem and if you play Ground Zeroes you can get a quick rundown of what happened in it. Not as good as actually playing it but it's something.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I actually consider Snake Eater 3D the best version mostly because of crunch walking, the added colors and the photo camo. Plus the Yoshi dolls are nice.

Peace Walker can be understood quite easily even by reading the plot (unlike other games like 2 or 4).

D

Deleted member

I see, I'll buy the game online at some point...
Though I'll probably be 18 by the time I'll have actual free time, so I could get the game digitally then! :laugh:......:urg:

D

Deleted member

Amazing thread NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy ! I do miss Snake in Brawl and Project M, really interesting character! Despite Konami, I want him in the next Smash Brothers game! I would also take Snake's codecs over Palutena's Guidance in my opinion. I mean sure, Paultena's Guidance are a lot more light hearted and fits the Nintendo style more, but I like the more mature theme of Snake's codec. Here are some of my three favorites.

:4luigi:
Snake: That guy with the mustache...
Colonel: Ha. You mean the 'King of Second Bananas'?
Snake: Hey, that's Luigi! Show him a little respect!
Colonel: Look at that pale skin. He's been living in his brother's shadow for too long.
Snake: That's a low blow, Colonel!
Colonel: Face it, Snake! Once a kid brother, always a kid brother!
Snake: Colonel, what's gotten into you?!
Colonel: La li lu le lo! La li lu le lo! La li lu le lo!
Snake: Colonel, snap out of it! Colonel! Coooooooloneeeeeel!
:4marth:
Mei Ling: Snake, have you heard the saying "Politics makes strange bedfellows"?
Snake: Don't tell me that's a Chinese proverb.
Mei Ling: Err, no... It means that when the going gets tough, you might need unexpected partnerships in order to succeed. Marth was a prince whose kingdom was usurped. He didn't even have an army to fight with him. But as he battled his way forward, he found new allies to fight at his side, and in the end, he was able to reunite the war-torn land of Altea.
Snake: So he built his army from the ranks of his defeated enemies...
Mei Ling: Marth did his share of fighting too. Even when he had an army, he was always alongside his men in the thick of battle. Then he was betrayed by one of his most trusted friends. I can't even imagine how that feels...
Snake: ...I can.

:4zss:
Snake: Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off!
Mei Ling: That's just her in the Zero Suit, Snake.
Snake: Without that bulky Power Suit, she's gotten a lot more agile... You know, I bet if I took off all this heavy gear, I could catch her...
Mei Ling: Um, yeah, you wish. Even without the Power Suit, all that training she did with the Chozo has made her a super athlete. I don't think a normal human could ever keep up. Just look at her.
Snake: ...Her loss.

Sources:
Snake Codecs: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Codec_Conversations
Paultena's Guidance: https://www.ssbwiki.com/Palutena's_Guidance

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Biggest hurdle I see is trying to sort out whatever is going on at Konami these days. Kojima was a huge pusher for snake in smash, and well of you know about the falling out well that’s where they are at right now.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Biggest hurdle I see is trying to sort out whatever is going on at Konami these days. Kojima was a huge pusher for shake in smash, and well of you know about the falling out well that’s where they are at right now.
Yeah. But at the same time Sonic was considered for Melee because Yuji Naka asked for him just like Kojima. Even if he left SEGA before Brawl's development, Sonic still got into Smash.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So there's a Metal Gear Survive Beta coming up soon! Apparently it's the 18th to the 21st.

I'm interested to see just how the game functions and how close it feels to V, so I'll probably hop on the Beta for a little while between those 3 days. It'll definitely help me decide my opinion on the game if I get my hands on it.

For anyone who has a PS4 and wants to join in with me and us do some co-op on it, just let me know.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
I'm sorry to say that Scorpion and Subby have better chances of joining than Snake does of returning.

Seven out of ten MK games have been released on Nintendo consoles. Only one numbered Metal Gear Solid game has been released on one: Snake Eater for the 3DS. And then you have Acid, Portable Ops, Mobile, Online, Touch, Peace Walker, Arcade, Social Ops, Rising, and Survive. And may I remind you that there are TWO versions of MGS5?

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm sorry to say that Scorpion and Subby have better chances of joining than Snake does of returning.

Seven out of ten MK games have been released on Nintendo consoles. Only one numbered Metal Gear Solid game has been released on one: Snake Eater for the 3DS. And then you have Acid, Portable Ops, Mobile, Online, Touch, Peace Walker, Arcade, Social Ops, Rising, and Survive. And may I remind you that there are TWO versions of MGS5?
Sorry, you are wrong.

A port of the original Metal Gear was released on the NES, and that was the version that made the series popular. Then we had Snake's Revenge, which while it wasn't directed by Kojima, was still a game in the Metal Gear series on the NES.

After that we have Metal Gear Solid/Ghost Babel for the GBC, which is still today considered to be one of the best games for the system.

You might say "But thise doesn't count, they are non-canon and even lack the Solid part of the name" but the series is officially called METAL GEAR. Not Metal Gear Solid. It's a common misconception.

But wait, there is more, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes on the GameCube, a remake of the original MGS which is still today a Nintendo exclusive. Besides, it was co-directed by Kojima and SHIGERU MIYAMOTO. How many Mortal Kombat had the involvement of Mr. Nintendo hymself?

Besides, we haven't seen a new MK game on any Nintendo Console since Armaggedon on the Wii back in 2006. If they were this likely, why they haven't shown up already in Brawl or Smash 3DS/Wii U?

If you want to troll the "Sons of Big Boss", try a LOT harder.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

That's debatable. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are from a hyper violent franchise who's legacy is made by it's obsessive gore. Don't know if that's exactly what Nintendo wants. Konami may be an ass sometimes but it's been shown that they do have interest in Switch with Bomberman as a launch title, with Nintendo helping out, and interest in Metal Gear with Survive arriving really soon!

Personally, I love Scorpion and would kill to have him in. However, watering him down for Smash Bros makes me less than excited for him.

I get that your excited about your choice of a character but trolling us isn't going to help your cause. It'll more likely than not hurt it because users float around multiple threads in these forums. We're all in this together man.

D

Deleted member

I don't think having more history with Nintendo is that valid unless the series had a recent release on a Nintendo system.

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
What would be your guys opinions on MGSV The Complete Experience being ported over to Switch next year? You figure it's too late or do you think any time is good.
It's never too late to port anything. Take Snake Eater, it was released in late 2004, and ported to the 3DS in early 2012. Thats an 8 year difference. So if Snake Eater can be ported, I think MGSV: GZ/TPP can be ported. But TPP alone(not including the updates and DLC) is around 15gb of storage, but BOTW was 13gb, so storage might not be an issue, but it might take up a lot of power, considering the FOX Engine and it's really good graphics.

Top Bottom