• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of these, which taunt annoys you the most?

Out of these, which taunt annoys you the most?

• Peach’s Side Taunt (“Lalalala Laa Laa”)

• Palutena’s Side Taunt (Pole spin whilst laughing)

• ZSS’s Up Taunt (“Is that all?”)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Falconswitch

Smash Rookie
These 3 taunts are the most annoying ones in the game to me. Which of these do you think is the most annoying and why?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Do we need to be restricted to only those three? I have some very unpleasant words for Bayonetta when she tells me to ask my mother on how to treat a lady. I won't say it here, lest I get banned. Zelda's very face at the end when she wins will look like Kristen Stewart, and that makes it all the more punchable. Don't worry, I don't endorse actual violence toward anyone. We are talking about a fighting game, though.

Falconswitch

Smash Rookie
Do we need to be restricted to only those three? I have some very unpleasant words for Bayonetta when she tells me to ask my mother on how to treat a lady. I won't say it here, lest I get banned. Zelda's very face at the end when she wins will look like Kristen Stewart, and that makes it all the more punchable. Don't worry, I don't endorse actual violence toward anyone. We are talking about a fighting game, though.
The reason I picked these 3 is because it feels like the character is really taunting you, not just the player. I wouldn’t say Bayo’s or Zelda’s are really taunts, but rather poses or phrases.

During Peach’s, she smiles at her opponent whilst singing and dancing in a very taunting manner. She’s clearly trying to anger her foe. Palutena condescendingly laughs at you in an annoying tone, clearly trying to get under her opponent’s skin. ZSS’s obviously fits here too. She says “Is that all?” To taunt her opponent about their lacking skill. Very annoying after getting killed at 20%.

DCorn

Smash Rookie
When ZSS says that to me I get furious! I actually feel like I am getting looked down on and it might even change my game play for the match haha

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
Any of Cloud's taunts when he doesn't have full limit.
That's him basically him saying I suck so much that he doesn't even need to charge his limit.
Although it sucks for them when I footstool them into death.

FlyingWarrior

Smash Rookie
All 3 of these taunts are pretty annoying, but my vote has to go to :4palutena:‘s. To me, that laugh she does is even more condescending than :4zss:‘s ‘Is that all???’ It’s also more annoying than :4peach:‘s ‘Lalalalala’, and it’s gotta be infuriating if it can get more annoying than that.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'd have to say if we're going with just those three, then Zamus' taunt can either be a good thing or bad thing. If you're using her, then it's funny. If she says it against you, then it's like, "Wow, this player must really think I'm trash."

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Peach's taunt

Though the only one that truly annoys me is that Dr. Mario one. It looks too much like a dab, so I hate it

Hubba_Wubba

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingNightmare26
3DS FC
5430-0613-8772
Just think about it, When peach kills you she just sings, like shes happy your dead.

Peach is scary ;-;

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
Peach's laugh reminds me of DHD's original purpose in Duck Hunt. The little piece of trash laughs when you fail. I hate that with a BURNING passion.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
It also doesn't help that all Peach mains happen to be GODLY players, due to Peach being such a hard character, so I get beaten often by Peach mains.

Dilan Omer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dildry
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Any noise Yoshi makes is much more annoying than any of the options you present.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay OKAY!!!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Kirby's taunt used to be very annoying in 64 and Melee, though they made it a bit more tolerable in Smash 4 (I know because I used it to annoy people :awesome:).

Though, Smash 4 has King Dedede (Brawl as well), and his crouch, that's not officially a taunt, but some players use it as a taunt, and when they do it, it makes me rage, especially when I'm losing (Dedede is not that good as a character, but against Kirby it has some advantages due to the big hitboxes of his attacks and the lack of mobility of Kirby).

PixelSun

Smash Apprentice
I don't really hate any taunt in the game, althought Peach's Side Taunt makes me rage sometimes.

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
As much as I adore using :4palutena: her side taunt is easily the most infuriating.
I sometimes like to anger my opponents using Peach's side taunt to tilt them and make them play more aggressively. Seeing as you also main Peach, I wondered if you do this yourself? It's pretty effective against some people.

Back to the thread, I think that all of these taunts can be annoying, but Peach's can do slightly more mental damage in my opinion.

Last edited:

ike¥

Smash Cadet
zeldas wave makes me wanna break every zelda game i own as i regret ever saving her

PixelSun

Smash Apprentice
Forgot to add, but Sonic's Side Taunt makes me wanna rage sometimes. Specially if we're talking about the Brawl version when he says: "You're too slow!"

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Peach's laugh reminds me of DHD's original purpose in Duck Hunt. The little piece of trash laughs when you fail. I hate that with a BURNING passion.
It's not really a laugh - It's more like she's singing at her opponent tauntingly to annoy them and make them approach.

Falconswitch

Smash Rookie
The real question is why would you ZSS "is that all" taunt when you can lasso whip twirl?
Because it’s less annoying. I agree it’s the coolest but if she wants to annoy her opponent, she’s better off saying “Is that all?” or “Try me”.

maybe.

Smash Cadet
Definitely none of them really bother me, definitely a fan of bayonetta "if you want to learn how to talk to a lady ask your mum!", my personal favorite though has to be captain falcon "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES", absolutely iconic taunt. Huge fan of Ryu "TALK IS CHEAP" also.

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay OKAY!!!
I fing that a little more funny than annoying imo. :4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness:

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Definitely Peach's. The other two don't annoy me at all actually.
This isn’t surprising to me. After all, Peach literally does what a taunt is meant to do in hers. She eggs her opponent on by singing and dancing tauntingly, provoking her opponent.

It could be argued that ZSS also taunts her opponent and eggs them on, but I think the main difference is that Peach’s is especially annoying to listen too when spammed. It’s also coming from weak little princess in a pink dress, and nobody wants to be losing to something like that.

D

Deleted member

Zelda's Wave goodbye taunt should be on this list. It annoys people so much lol. Whever i use that taunt after taking a stock from my oponent, they go into a rage lol.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
How are none of Sonic's taunts on here? He exists to cause pain and suffering. I love them.

Top Bottom