• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Fate: In the Hands of NSiders?

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
The only real good thing about NSider is the occasional essay posted on the forums to clear up the stupidity. Other than that, it's mostly 13 year old n00bs who think that Oogtar the caveboy or Duck Hunt Dog have a chance of entering, and spammers with an agenda of reaching 1000 posts quickly so that they could post images.

If anything should be collected from NSider, it should be Mike Jones's(From StarTropics) popularity. The Japanese haven't heard of him, so he deserves a spot far more than other characters.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
The only real good thing about NSider is the occasional essay posted on the forums to clear up the stupidity. Other than that, it's mostly 13 year old n00bs who think that Oogtar the caveboy or Duck Hunt Dog have a chance of entering, and spammers with an agenda of reaching 1000 posts quickly so that they could post images.

If anything should be collected from NSider, it should be Mike Jones's(From StarTropics) popularity. The Japanese haven't heard of him, so he deserves a spot far more than other characters.
Mike Jones would be cool. Haven't played Star Tropics, but that is the same reason more or less that I advocate Earthworm Jim to appear in Brawl. A fairly popular American game character that probably not too many Japanese know much about.

Check out my big honkin' post about with the letters I sent out trying to get him included. It's in the EW Jim thread here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2151087#post2151087

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'd love to know that Nintendo would read through this forum..
But, that being said, I don't think the game's open for suggestions anymore. I mean, it is pretty much developed already, one would think..

SWORDMASTER66

Smash Cadet
I don't like Nsiders eitheir. I used to go there but I got tired of it because it's not organized and there are a lot of bad threads so I don't go there anymore.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'd love to know that Nintendo would read through this forum..
But, that being said, I don't think the game's open for suggestions anymore. I mean, it is pretty much developed already, one would think..
Maybe, but I'd wager they have a minimum of 7 months before they launch the game. More then enough time to tweak or balance some fighting mechanics. Heck, they could probably still start a couple of new characters from scratch within the next month or two. Maybe only like one or two though, since each character has to have it's own level and history sort of built into and mixed with the game. Peace in the Middle East.

EDIT: Did I mention that this is a good idea from Ikural? Too bad there's just no way that I can think of other than e-mailing IGN's Editors a bunch to speak/send letters for us. I'm currently trying this. Oh, what Ikural said:

"We could send hmm, maybe one email to Sarukai and his team saying check out SWF at www.smashboards.com
we have actual non-crap ideas for brawl."

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I SERIOUSLY doubt that anyone in their right mind would look to Nsiders to ANY ideas... Sure there are intelligent users like ALGUS and SHINIGAMIHEDGEHOG, but the the ratio of such users to n00bs is something like 1/1000. Just look at the first page [here] sometime and be prepared to be simply amazed by the n00b factor - some of these guys make even xianfeng look like an expert... :dizzy:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
If it's any reassurance, NP did refer to our site in that Smash Bros. article. They pointed to us, and not NSider. Nintendo does know about us, and I'm sure there are enough people on the inside that are also concerned about making us known to Sakurai's team.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I know, it's not like it's just 1 site (SWF) that manages to out do the official forums, it's EVERYBODY! Sad... I really hope the situation improves for them over there... or that all the cool people come over here, and then it just shuts down... Heh, whatever, I don't really care.

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
Yes, I was banned along time ago for a stupid reason. The mods are noobish in my opnion.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Burning Lava you've made one of the best topics here.

*standing ovation*

I don't like Nsider, It's just full of childish ideas. Any post here would improve SSBB for good, in Nsider we see the same thing over and over.

I get tired of it so I stopped posting there.

Edit: Smash Boards kicks Nsider a**

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
^^ Heh, I had to laugh to myself a bit at that last edit, and thanks, I usually (in my few topics started) try to bring up matters that seem relevant in some way.

"Childish" might be too kind, heh. (Nah, I don't mean to encourage any hatin' now.)

God Link

Smash Cadet
We could send hmm, maybe one email to Sarukai and his team saying check out SWF at www.smashboards.com
we have actual non-crap ideas for brawl.

I wish we could, but does anyone hear have an indivisual email address to send to Sakurai. He does not even speak/understand most english, if we did (which the NOA's do as they keep in contact with him) there would be alot of people flooding his box with suggestions, ect.

Lets just hope that they pay no attention to the least or least frequent ideas. Listening to the majority of them would probably destroy the game.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I wish we could, but does anyone hear have an indivisual email address to send to Sakurai. He does not even speak/understand most english, if we did (which the NOA's do as they keep in contact with him) there would be alot of people flooding his box with suggestions, ect.

Lets just hope that they pay no attention to the least or least frequent ideas. Listening to the majority of them would probably destroy the game.
My friend tried to use a translator.
Didn't work out so well.

Anyways, just clicking http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=1275071 made me sad. Seriously.

They are some of the worst posters I've ever seen, Smash forum or otherwise.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
truedemi an idiot from NSider said:
Alright the C stick is worthless so why not use it for a new move set. Lets say you were samus with a full charged blast waiting to unload on some poor soul has your flying in the air and then link's standing right under you and you slap the C stick down and samus shoots the blast toward the ground rocketing link in the top of the head. Now for samus with a fully charged blast the C stick could shoot the blast in and direction or any angle.
Another character would be marth or roy now for them if used properly it would be another combo or even an addition to the over B combo they already have.
Now I haven't thought to much more about other characters but feel free to add in any thoughts you might have on the topic and just if you like the idea.
Now for those of you who will try and defend the C stick how it was in SSBM all i have to say is that you can get the same thing with the over A faster and stronger and it has way better timing to it. The C stick is really just an easy out to the game so you girlfriend or kid brother can sit down with you and maybe actually deal some damage, if you didn't get that all I'm saying is that it takes no skill. I will say that when I first started to play I did use it but as i got better I moved away from it and haven't touched a C stick in the past 4 years.
Your Thoughts

I find your C stick smashers to have no skill yeah they may get some hits and it will send you far but it doesn't require much skill at all. Thats why think it could go. And for the R and L buttons thats a difference between right and left handed people.

I really like the controller picker posted that looks like allot of fun to use. Now I understand were everyones coming from about the whole forcing other players to change their style its still just an idea but if you did take away the C stick it would prolly make them better players, I might actually be willing to put some money on that. And for those of you who say lets take way the z or the r and l buttons those are fundamental controls to the game and if you were to post that idea you would be bashed far harder than a C stick idea ever would.
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHAHHAH please just end the threat, their not gonna listen to people like that

[/thread]

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That guy is ********, if I ever saw him in real life talking like that I'd have to resist insulting his so-called intelligence.

L5LM_Gtlink

Smash Apprentice
I doubt they really care...have you seen the Nsider forums its a huge mess full of people who dont know what there talking about. Every thing anyone says there is lost in a sea of stupidity.

Sadly we probaly have no say whatsoever. For any of the people past age 10 or past an age 10 IQ we would get completely zerged rushed by inane babble and even if they wanted non-Japanese opinions the zergs would scare them off.
Quoted for the truth

God Link

Smash Cadet
My friend tried to use a translator.
Didn't work out so well.

Anyways, just clicking http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=1275071 made me sad. Seriously.

They are some of the worst posters I've ever seen, Smash forum or otherwise.
A translator for what? He would not give out his email address as of only Nintendo employee's and officials only have it for use of contact. Fans would not have this kind of information. Masahiro Sakurai is famous in a way. :laugh:

Unless you have an email address or anything for contacting someone it is impossible to get a message through to someone over the computer.

Masahiro Sakurai did send an email NOA Andy to send to the Nsiders saying a message about Wario and the new characters so they are probably affilated in some way. lets just hope the game comes out better than Melee.

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Ah!! That c-stick guy almost made me vomit with rage. Anyways I think creating a post like Burning Lava suggested for the nsider forums is a good idea. But is anyone getting around to doing it?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Amen. The NSider forums are full of such complete crap it boggles all logic. I tried going there once, but they wouldn't let me do crap until I had posted 300 in the "beginners forums" or something like that.

Not to mention I either laugh or get headaches reading some of the arguments they get into over there.

Yeah, and the "c-stick is useless" guy made me want to break something.

But thankfully, because of this, I doubt Nintendo will be looking through the forums and finding any GOOD ideas... ever.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Someone said that Sonic shouldn't be in Brawl because he's blue.

???

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
Amen. The NSider forums are full of such complete crap it boggles all logic. I tried going there once, but they wouldn't let me do crap until I had posted 300 in the "beginners forums" or something like that.
Ughhh, the same thing happened to me.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I'm kinda confused on the point of making a topic about the Nsider formus. It's rambling on and on about the same things. And trust me, some of those guys can't shine a light to some of the people SWF has had to put up with.

Banks

Smash Hero
at least swf has people to refute noob comments, nsider forums have people agreeing with nooby claims. I've only been there twice, basically to read funny things written by ******** people.

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
i agree, if noone feels like reading, they decide to agree for the heck of it. the next day, they will contradict it.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
So, by complaining, what do you think you'll get accomplished? Do you really think that just sulking about the NSider forums will change anything? Let me answer some of your general posts.

"We're the diehard smashers, so we'd obviously have better ideas."

So playing a game more than someone else makes your ideas better than anyone else's? What kind of foolishness is that? Melee was aimed at a general audience, not the specific 'I play Smash like a pro' types. If you know how to 'shffl' or 'wavedash' or whatever you'd like to call it, then great job. But if you think that playing this game in all of your free time really makes your ideas better, then wipe up your ignorance. It's dripping all over the floor.

If you want to respond, "Have you even seen how horrible their ideas are compared to ours?" then I will say, "Yes, I have seen their ideas." Although I have found many a disagreeable topic, I believe that basically, there is no such thing as a "stupid idea". There is such thing as a "disagreeable idea", but basically not a "stupid idea".

This sense of elitism because you're more experienced in something? It drives me insane. Smash is aimed at everyone. I'm not saying that you can't have good ideas if you know how to do a crazy combo, or a "dair triple bfl", or whatever sort of interesting abbreviations you use. I'm saying that knowing these things and using them as some sort of "higher class" is ridiculous. Like I said, Smash is aimed at a general audience. Example? The 'Tokouken' was open to everyone, regardless of anything. If you'd like to say, "but it wasn't open to Americans!" then you're incorrect. The only difference is that you had to go straight to a certain member for Japanese translation of your mail. You could've used an online translation program for kanji. I have a default translator on my computer.

Sakurai's not going to search for random Smash forums for inspiration. It seems to me that he's got everything down. He knows what he's doing. I think too many of you have the idea that Sakurai's going to put all of the NSider ideas in a hat and draw a random idea. How do I know he'll do the right thing? Well, I haven't seen too many complaints about the current new characters, or stage design.

"The NSider forum is too horrible to go and change."

This should never be your excuse. What can actually stop you from presenting your ideas to the general NSider forum community? The registration is a bit of a hassle, but if you all so badly want to present your ideas to Nintendo developers, then I'm sure it should be nothing for you all, you who have hundreds or thousands of posts on this forum. I think you're all singling out the ignorance of their community. So why not inform them? Quite a few of you are probably sitting around and complaining about something, not trying to change it because it's a 'waste of effort'. Talking about the experiences you've never gone through? If you go over there, post your 'glorious ideas', and nobody answers any of them, or strikes them down, then come back and tell me.

Some of you need to turn a blind eye to the 'faults' of their community and start doing something about it. Complaining brings you nothing.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Obviously you've never been there. I don't think you understand, the forum is made just for spammers. You have to have a certain number of posts before you can edit. How stupid is that? You can't even post links to other websites on that site, how are you going to show proof if you can't even back your argument up with something other than word of mouth?

I can't even make an account because I live outside of the US and Canada, what sort of BS is that? The site is a waste, it's a pity they call it official.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I guess I kind of get what King Axel is saying, but try as I might, I can’t understand why he is so adamant about it. …Must’ve got burned at some point.

I don’t really care much whether or not Nsider changes for the better, and I’m more just congratulating SWF for a achieving something decent rather than pouting about Nsider. Well, that’s me, there ARE probably some posts that are just people whining. And yeah, I don’t really get my panties in a twist when people talk about the c-stick being noobish. There are many worse things.

Zag

Smash Rookie
at least swf has people to refute noob comments, nsider forums have people agreeing with nooby claims. I've only been there twice, basically to read funny things written by ******** people.
You've only been there twice, but you claim to know enough about it to say there's only people there agreeing with 'nooby claims'. Sounds like a 'nooby claim' to me.
i agree, if noone feels like reading, they decide to agree for the heck of it. the next day, they will contradict it.
Agreeing for the heck of it, are we? :ohwell:
Obviously you've never been there. I don't think you understand, the forum is made just for spammers. You have to have a certain number of posts before you can edit. How stupid is that? You can't even post links to other websites on that site, how are you going to show proof if you can't even back your argument up with something other than word of mouth?
You may have been there, but certainly not much based on what you've said. You can post outside links provided they're appropriate to the discussion [probably just like here]; you're probably confused with the signature rule. You aren't allowed to post outside links in signatures at Nsider. Not particularly important to this discussion, but I figured I should clarify.

The ranks system is garbage, no question, but it was created out of necessity [I'm talking about the 3 day rule; for the record, you only need 300 page views - have auto-refresh on every minute and it doesn't take long - in order to rank up so you can post wherever]. Official forums are the first place that trolls from places like PSU come to be morons, and because of the visibility, it's usually the place where first-time forum users come as well. Since Nintendo has a relatively young fanbase, it's no surprise that the official forums take quite a beating. It is by no means hopeless, however, and it's not like this forum is a haven of intelligence either [although there are some awesome members here no question, and as far as Smash forums go, this is the place to be]. Just looking down the first page here I can see numerous locked threads because people are either A. idiots, B. unable to use the search function, or a combination of those two.

Oh, and this thread isn't particularly impressive either.
I can't even make an account because I live outside of the US and Canada, what sort of BS is that? The site is a waste, it's a pity they call it official.
It's an official Nintendo of America site, so I don't really see why you'd expect to join [or want to, based on what you seem to think of it anyways]. Nintendo of Europe has an official forum as well, so that's where they'd want you to be heading. And if you did really want to join Nsider, you could always, you know, just lie about your location. :0)

I find it rather funny that this thread complains about how stupid Nsider is, but at the same time is filled with numerous ignorant claims as well. Do any of you honestly think that Nintendo would browse internet forums [English ones, no less] just to find ideas for games? They pay people to come up with game ideas -- they really don't need to hear from a bunch of whiny kids on the internet, most of whom don't have ideas worth considering to begin with. Not only that, but there's also legal issues that could come up if Nintendo did use someone's idea, and they're far too conservative a company to upon themselves up to the risk of that. Usually when a game is in development there are more good ideas then there is time to implement and things get cut. I trust Sakurai and co. can make a decent game without Nsider or SWF.

I know various people from NOA occasionally browse Nsider as a means to hear what the community is saying, feedback, etc, and in that respect I can assure concerned Smashboard members that Nsiders complain about friend codes, lack of hd, crap graphics, etc, etc as much as anyone else on the internet. As far as actual game ideas go though, the Japanese poll from a while back asking what characters were most wanted is probably as close as we'll see to Nintendo getting game ideas from fans.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Do any of you honestly think that Nintendo would browse internet forums [English ones, no less] just to find ideas for games? They pay people to come up with game ideas -- they really don't need to hear from a bunch of whiny kids on the internet, most of whom don't have ideas worth considering to begin with.
I hope you're not talking about me specifically, but if you are...

I know I may have made it sound like that, but if you re-read the first post carefully, you'll see that the information is based on an e-mail Nintendo sent me. No, I don't think developers will browse through dumb English forums either, but all of that was just based on what Nintendo said. (I said "if they were to..." and was being a little bit... rantish while talking about developers looking at the forums. I know at the very most, NOA will/has already provided some very basic poll results or something.) Please just don't comment if you feel the thread is unnecessary. I enjoy reading people's opinions, but please let everyone else write what they think to. Keeping people in check for whining is acceptable as well, but... well, everything in moderation I guess. Maybe I'm just trying to say that coming into a conversation just to say it is worthless, is very insulting to those already sharing thoughts. We don't always have to be on a mission to fix things, sometimes just discussing to vent some frustration and read other people's thoughts on an issue helps. Maybe some people are just entertaining themselves. Anyway my point was made a few lines ago. Peace in the Middle East.

Zag

Smash Rookie
That was moreso a general response to the ignorant and rather 'noobish' comments in this thread that did a pretty good job of representing what they were accusing Nsider to be like. Of course, I doubt the satire was intended.

After reading through the original post again [I read it back when it was first posted, and only commented now to respond to recent replies so it had been a while], and I can see where you're coming from. However, I think you're reading too much into the email they sent you. NOA spends money on maintaining and hosting Nsider, so they obviously want to encourage as many people as possible to participate. Like I said they do read it for feedback purposes, but that's about it. I can promise you that having a bunch of SWF regulars go to Nsider to post their well-thought out ideas would be absolutely pointless, as they most certainly would not be read by anyone important -- you'd be lucky if any NOA moderators read it even, given the moderation team's apparent reluctance to touch the board. That's why it can get so bad in there sometimes; there's simply no dedicated Super Smash Bros Nsider board mod.

The only thing that doing that would accomplish would be to make the Nsider Smash board a better place, and while I'd love to see that happen, I don't really see the benefit to you guys. The ideas wouldn't be read by anyone making the game [not that they'd act on them anyways, of course], and you'd have wasted a bunch of time posting well-thought out discussions only to see a lot of your thread filled with 'i agree', 'too long didn't read', 'CAN YOU SUM IT UP A BIT???' posts. Nsider is definitely something that takes getting used to, although there is quite a solid community there. Something that simply can't be seen by reading a couple of posts in the Smash Bros board, you see.

So to sum up: If you're happy here, I suggest you remain posting at SWF without worry that you're somehow missing out on impacting Brawl's development. You're not. :0)

Edit -- I think I should point out that, since I may have offended you and I apologize if I have, that I didn't intend to call your thread worthless [i.e. op] or whatever. What did bother me, and I think what made me rather irritated with this thread [as a whole, not just the op], was people who have zero knowledge of Nsider and / or really limited experience with the forum and simply writing it off as some noob fest. It's not, I can assure you of that. I could just as easily come in here and assume that most people here are just wannabe pros that probably suck at Smash just as much as they suck at using the search function to see if their excellent thread idea ['do you guys think brawl online will be good???!?'] has been thought up before.

I don't think that though, not by a long shot. Because I take the time to see what something has to offer before judging it -- hell I've been a member here for almost a year now and this is only my third post [second today, as well]. So yeah, I got kind of annoyed with that general concensus and that's why I replied in kind. If I had had a problem with the original post, I probably would've commented on it when I first saw it quite some time ago. Apologies again though if anyone was offended.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Cool Zag, I get where you're coming from, thanks for clearing that up. We're all good now.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
I guess I kind of get what King Axel is saying, but try as I might, I can’t understand why he is so adamant about it. …Must’ve got burned at some point.

I don’t really care much whether or not Nsider changes for the better, and I’m more just congratulating SWF for a achieving something decent rather than pouting about Nsider. Well, that’s me, there ARE probably some posts that are just people whining. And yeah, I don’t really get my panties in a twist when people talk about the c-stick being noobish. There are many worse things.
Like I said, what bothered me the most was the arrogant comments I've seen. I find it irritating to constantly downgrade another community simply on opinion.

And I don't understand what you mean by "Must've got burned at some point."

Basically, my post was not directed at you. I'm fine with this thread, though it was slightly provocative of several whiny posts (not your fault, and hopefully not your intention). It was directed at the hypocrites, the whiners, and those who hadn't even attempted at doing anything.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
NSider Forums sucks.

Which sucks for SSBB... I hope they also check Smash Bros. fansites... because they would if they where smart (they can't just expect a total view of the market from one forums).

Top Bottom