• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) smashfest - Jan. 28th!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Locke) said:
8 tvs for 28 people? Is that gonna be enough?
More would be nice...but we're close to a good amount I think. I also doubt all 28 will show up, there's always people who say they will come who never end up making it. I estimate 10-20% of the people who say they'll be there won't come (same for pretty much any tourney/smashfest). Hopefully part of that 10-20% isn't someone who's bringing a TV :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
This thing's next weekend, looking forward to seeing you guys! Do any out-of-towners need help with housing/directions? If so, please post soon.

As for TVs, I've asked some of my friends and unfortunately I wasn't able to get us any more. 8 TVs is not bad, but more would be nice. Also, please bring along some extension cords/power bars if you have some available, in case they're needed for the setup.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
okay guys mon boss c'est un tabarnaque de trou du cul. cette semaine et la semaine prochaine, il m'a donné 80 heures éparpillés n'importe où dans la semaine pis ca fait que chu obligé de manquer 3 jours decole par semaine plus le smashfest...

sérieusement meme dans les films jai jamais vu kkch d'aussi... insencé...

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
That really sucks Wak...

umm depending on the vehicle in which our crew gets there in we might be able to bring one more small tv, so three in total. That's the best we can do.

Also, do you need some powerbars? I'm sure I can round up a few if needed.

Fogel

Smash Lord
mitch_guitar said:
That really sucks Wak...

umm depending on the vehicle in which our crew gets there in we might be able to bring one more small tv, so three in total. That's the best we can do.

Also, do you need some powerbars? I'm sure I can round up a few if needed.
Having more power bars would be much appreciated.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Yeah we can bring a few power bars probably, its just that our tv stock just took a nice blow. Things might get crowded =S

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
It won't be too bad considering we might be able to bring another tv, that means only minus one tv and gamecube...

If someone else can bring a tv you can have the big asian guy in our group for a night (quite the deal, just ask chester)

imd_best

Smash Cadet
ya im new to smash boards but i live in ottawa and(HEY chester by the way) i will most likely be attending this smashfest and i could bring a gamecube with smash and a memory card with everything on it

just wondering wat are crews???????? are they like just groups of friends that play smash as a team........if it is can i join ny1s

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, crews are just a group of people that smash together, or a team if you're in a crew tournament.

I'll see you on saturday, (bring a tv if possible :D)

Fogel

Smash Lord
I updated the first post with who's coming/who's bringing stuff. Thanks alot guys for stepping it up with the TVs and power bars, much appreciated :)

wak: Since you can't come, I assume your friend wigs won't be coming either?

Alan: I should be able to pick you up before the 'fest, since no one from Toronto is coming by the looks of it (noobs). Send me an e-mail, or give me a call and we can work out the details.

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
I'm Rick.... -_-

I'm looking forward to this, only one more exam then the smashfest, this will be godly.

BTW, thanks for the compliment in the EC Team thread chester, the kanata guys appreciate it :D lol

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
Team Ganonpwn Will Pwn Pwn Pwn Pwn!!! Two Exams Then Im Ready Both On Friday Oh Thats Tommorow Lololol Study Time!

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
umm okay last minute stuff...

We're bringing 2 tv's, no room for more in car, and one gamecube plus whatever powerbars we can find.

See you all tomorrow!

imd_best

Smash Cadet
ya i have a friend coming with me so u might want to put that down his name is alex

Fogel

Smash Lord
Last minute info:

- You can park in the community centre parking lot. If it's full for whatever reason (I doubt it will be) just park at the mall across the street, they have TONS of space.
- The room we're in is just to the right of the reception desk, in the lobby.
- For food, there's a pizza/shawarma place, a chinese place, and a Subway in the mall across the street.

If anyone needs to get ahold of me, my MSN is fogelfogelfogel at hotmail period com, I'll leave it on until about 4 or so.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I think that went pretty well. Lots of skilled people, it's hard to believe most of you guys never played in tournaments before :) I'll see what I can do about doing this again sometime in February or March. I think it'd be a problem to get the room I rented for an earlier time and/or more hours so we should try to find another place. In the meantime, ask your local community centres, halls, churches etc. if they have space to rent out for a few hours in the afternoon.

Aside from smashfests, we should get together to play more often! I don't really get to play smash that much, and I think chet's in the same boat. If you guys ever want to get together to play on some weeknight/weekend, give me a shout on MSN, or pm here. Hopefully we can play at Ottawa U or something more frequently.

Shoutouts:

pkmvodka, TestRider: Thanks for coming from Montreal, it was good to see you guys again! Hope you had fun playing us Ottawa n00bs.

chet: As you mentioned at the end of the smashfest getting together more often to play would be good. We need to get better for the Trans-Canada tourney for sure (well at least I do, maybe you don't :p). I can bring at least 1 TV + cube as long as there's some place to park at Ottawa U.

mitch + crew: Thanks for the setups you brought, and for helping set up at the beginning. It was much appreciated. You guys are a lot better than I thought you would be, considering you mainly play each other! I only got to play mitch and the guy who's main is Peach (sorry, I'm bad with names), hope to play the rest of the crew soon. I wouldn't mind driving to Kanata to play you guys, give me a shout if you're interested.

GanonPWN!: You're a lot quieter than I thought you would be, given how you post on the boards :p Crazy Ganon, I couldn't keep up. I hope you played a Ganon ditto with TestRider, would have been a pretty good match!

Alistair: Solid Samus, you've got some good mindgames. Once you get wavedashing down your game should get alot better. You're a cool guy to talk to, our matches were fun!

There's a lot of people that I didn't get to play this time, I'll make sure to play you guys next Smashfest, or at Ottawa U sometime.

imd_best

Smash Cadet
ya im so pissed i didnt get to go cause my friends ended his work at like 7:30 and we missed the bus so we would have gotten to the comunity center at like 9 so there was no point of going. fogel u have to set this up again in feb

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
i didn't get to play testrider's ganon cuz he was always on the really small tvs, and that would have been ew! Although i did get to play against PKM's ganon and i thought that the matches we're pretty interesting and solid :). Ya i guess i was quiet, being the only person from my crew there, OH AND REAVER - LOLOL

i really enjoyed getting my *** handed to me by captain falcons though :). I t was enjoyable to play something else than level 1 computers :)

to mitchs crew- I had a fun time playing you guys at the start until i played that pink falcon! got my **** tossed! I guess i kinda redeemed myself later when i played him *3rd times the charm!* :)

Thx fogel for setting this up :) its much appreciated

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
Time for shoutouts for me/my crew, since only 2 out of 4 people in our crew actually post...

Fogel - Thank you very much for organizing this, book the room and etc etc, it was a great time and we definitely need to play more, we'll take chester up on the offer of playing at Ottawa U once in a while. You're a good player, I was I had as much tournament experiance as you. Work on that downthrow to up tilt with Doc, that = best combo, even though you beat me in a Doc ditto... -_-

Chester - Great time playing you again, hopefully you actually had to semi-try against us this time lol. The falcon dittos were too close, I always choked in the end. Next time I'll win, hopefully lol. We'll definitely have to play more often, our crew playing against you more will really help us improve.

PKM/Testrider - Thanks for coming all the way from montreal to play us Ottawa noobs lol. I was the guy who mained falcon. PKM, we had one falcon ditto and it was close, got you down to one stock but I have a feeling you were sandbagging a bit, anyways you're falcon is crazy, I was watching you and it was so **** fast. Testrider, your sheik destroyed me, I really need some sheik practise. At the beginning your Gdord 3 stocked me twice but at the very end I kind of redemed myself and got you down to one stock, I'm happy enough with that :p

Alan - It was fun meeting/playing you, you're peach/sheik were good, keep up the practising. Maybe you can come down to Ottawa U and play at some points to get some more human practise.

GanonPWN - I only played you at the beginning before I got warmed up so I wasn't doing to well (johns I know I know), you have a nice Gdorf though, we'll have to play again at some point.

Alistair - I never got to play you but the guys in my crew say that if you get those advanced techniques going it'll help your game a lot. However, they also said you were a very nice/funny guy and it was fun to meet you.

To everone else it was nice meeting you and we really need to have another smashfest at some time.

To pkm/test/chet/fogel - How do you think our crew would hold up against some of the toronto guys? (If you don't remember our crew = me (falcon main), vlad (peach main), PSY (marth main/big asian guy) and Brian/Locke) (fox/falcon main). Like do you think we could hold our ground against them? And any suggestions/tips to improve our play would be greatly appreciated, we're always looking to improve.

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
If it means anything coming from me (which probably wont), my whole crew thinks you are a lot better than we thought you'd be. So join us in representing the ottawa smashers :D

Oh and Brian's (Locke) pink falcon can be a crazy ******* if he doesn't SD too much.

Top Bottom