• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

otronicon-Jan 27-Orlando

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
http://www.otronicon.org/dailycompetitions.html

Otronicon is a 10 day gaming-paluza... or something like that. (I have no idea who came up with teh name) Free gaming, a good chance to meet people with the same intrest and maybe even win something. and daily gaming competitions.

Here is the information:

OTRONICON at the Orlando Science Center
777 E. Princeton Street, Orlando, Florida 32803
January 20-29, 2006 for general public (OSC Members Preview – Jan. 19, from 7 to 9 p.m.)

See the site for more.

Smash Tourney Friday Jan 27

* Dimenxian 5:00-6:00PM – level 4, Open Science Lab
* CT 6:00-8:00PM - level 4 DinoDigs
* Daily game competition 7:00 PM Super Smash Brothers Melee on Game Cube gaming consoles, finals begin at 9:00 PM in Darden Adventure Theatre

I'm not sure of the rules... knowing the way the world works here (central florida) items will be on and it will be 4 man FFA, but whatever, I'm going. Just posting this in an attempt to raise some intrest.

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow, and i was thinking about going to this. that is until i saw that its 4 way ffa. thats gay. otronicon wont get ANY smashboards smashers if it doesnt have a decent rule set. that being mlg rule set, 4 stock 1vs1 2/3 no items ect.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
Any chance of anybody that can talk to them to perhaps change the rules. if so i'd definately be down to go.

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
ill prolly go,just for the money though. the rules are REALLY gay. ffa items and get this, DEFAULT STAGES AND CHARACTERS! man thats horrible. only like 14 characters. oh well, fox it is.

edit: oh yes, im taking ANY MONEY MATCHES. feel free to ask me at the tourney or on aim "razzerdog0813".

vericz

Smash Champion
It usually ends up that way. We always start with FFA items, then one of us brings mlg rules and they vote on a change. Hopefully this will happen again. Bring the memory cards just in case, guy! :lick: mmmm

vericz

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
man it was wack. that was the poorest run tournament i have been in to date. ONLY DEFAULT STAGES AND CHARACTERS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? thats so wack. single elim!!! TIME!!!! ITEMS!!! horrible. well at least there were some hot magic gurls walking around. good job to halo god for taking 1st.

-hiroshi

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea, this tourney was really gay. sux i didnt get to enter cuz i missed my name being called. oh well. and the guy who was running the tourney was gay. i tried to explain why u need the mlg ruleset and everything, but his answer was, "well, its my tourney, and ill run it the way i want, so shut up". this guy was a rude m****r f****r. This tourney was a complete waste of time except for when i played some of the "not n00b" guys

ohdidiwin

Smash Rookie
**** this tournament sounds like it was f**ked up lol, i tried to get in but they said it was capped. i hate people who don't know how to run a tournament....

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
It was the first big tournament I went to, and I enjoyed it. I just wish it wasn't time. That final match was not very fun to play, and I'm sure it wasn't fun to watch, judging from the booing. :-P

vericz

Smash Champion
This tourny was messed up. The cinadome screen was so fun to play on though. I ended up doing friendlys with halo god (he won 1st) with all the characters available and it was fun. I ended up winning 2/3 but he killed himself in one match (my falco vs his fox) to even it up to 3 stock a piece cause i screwed up. Well good game to all I played, except the people in the tourny, it sucked.

ohdidiwin

Smash Rookie
man that sucks so no one was good there besides you and halo god? i've heard he's pretty **** beastly. who's his main character?

Top Bottom