• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[OST] Finally! Original Brawl OST ripped!

pedro_nwo

Smash Rookie
downloaded.....and seeding =)

Please help me, how do I play the files? I noticed they are not mp3s.

thanks in advance

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
im just wondering...this same list.....didnt someone else do this on a site on a site that i think was ssbb-kicks-***.net or something? IDK...some site had all the music here but u had to put in a username and a password (username was brawl and the password was z0mg)...yet that site was taken down like either late last night or early this morning (F**K)

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
... hey when im done downloading ill seed ... i just started i just need some more seeds... 60kbs...

i noticed they arent mp3s
the filenames say .mp3... idk well when the first gets done ill check it out

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
... hey when im done downloading ill seed ... i just started i just need some more seeds... 60kbs...
I'm getting 120+KBPs which is godly compared to some of the torrents I've had to endure.

And I'll be seeding till my ratio's at least 2.0, if not more :)

Many thanks for this OP, I still remember the rainy days I'd spend downloading old OSTs, and now I'll have all these wonderful songs as well...

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
well im doing alot of stuff all at the same time ... and im on my slow computer[im uploading a youtube vid,downloading one, downloading the torrent, i have like 7 firefox tabs open and im going through the pages and lastly of course im on a slow overall computer

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I ended up not downloading any of yours, but it still worked out in the long run. lol.

Thanks for all the hard work, Xane. I'll be in iPod heaven for a month!

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
well ive been downlading for an hour and 10min and 354 mb downloaded but for some reason im not uploading ... idk ill still seed for everyone till atleast 1.5-2.0

omg omg omg a seeder just got on im downloading 300-350kbs now

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Torrents are sort of exciting that way, because they are very spikey.

I've dedicated my home Mac mini to seeding this. I keep it turned off 21/7 (and used for media streaming the other 3 hours), but its on and humming now.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
When I click on the downlaod torrent link, it asks if I ant to open or save, so I click save, I can only save as a torrent, so I do, and then it only takes a couple of seconds befroe it says it is complete. I then try to ee WTH is going on and try to open it, but I cant open torrents anyway as Windows Media Player says it does not recognise .TORRENT files.

So not only cannot I not download it, but when I do, I cant lisen to it either :(

Please help someone, I REALLY want this OST... quite badly... too much awesomeness... can anyone help?

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
When I click on the downlaod torrent link, it asks if I ant to open or save, so I click save, I can only save as a torrent, so I do, and then it only takes a couple of seconds befroe it says it is complete. I then try to ee WTH is going on and try to open it, but I cant open torrents anyway as Windows Media Player says it does not recognise .TORRENT files.

So not only cannot I not download it, but when I do, I cant lisen to it either :(

Please help someone, I REALLY want this OST... quite badly... too much awesomeness... can anyone help?
It's a torrent file. You need a torrent client, such as Bittorrent, Azureus, or Transmission to download it. Search google for one. Open the torrent file with the client, and it'll start downloading. When it finishes, leave the program running so you can pass the download on to other people (in simplified terms).

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
It's a torrent file. You need a torrent client, such as Bittorrent, Azureus, or Transmission to download it. Search google for one. Open the torrent file with the client, and it'll start downloading. When it finishes, leave the program running so you can pass the download on to other people (in simplified terms).
Thanks a lot!

1 question though...

Do I have to leave it running, and what do you mean by pass to someone else?

Thank you so much again! Im very grateful!

How long does the whole OST take to d/load anyway?

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
ok im done downloading now seeding ...i was probaly the fastest to download it took 2hours and 4min currently seeding at 25kbs =\ :(

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot!

1 question though...

How long it takes depends on your connection. It took me nearly 24 hours on my craptacular Cable connection, but, with a good connection, you could get it in a couple hours. You have to leave the program running, yes. Just leave it seeding overnight once you've downloaded it, that should be enough. ^.^

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot!
1 question though...
1) Pass it on means to let other people download the soundtrack from you.
2) Time to download varies HUGELY on your connection, the connection of people who are sending the file to you, and how many people are listening to the Golden Sun track. The more people listening to that (R12) the more AWESOME there is in the world and thus the download goes faster.
It took me under six hours to download myself. Use the torrent program's "estimated" time as a serious estimate; a single seeder turning off their computer can easily halve your download speed or more. Consequently, a single seeder connecting to you can speed up your download significantly.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Over 2 hours? I dont have enough time right now then...

I just d/loaded bittorrent, and clicked on download torrent link, and saved it like before. Now, when I try to open it, it says "It seems like BitTorrent is already running, but not responding. Please close all BitTorrent processes and try again". I have closed all BitTorrent procesess (i.e. the BitTorrent window I had open and the webpage I d/loaded it from), and yet it still does not work...

WTF...

Need more help please... :urg:

EDIT:

1: My connection is quite slow... aw c**p im gonna be here for ages...

2: Do I HAVE to seed it? I mean, what does it atually do, and how are you enforced to do it? Do you have to seed to keep the file, or is it just out of courtesy that you let let someone d/load off of you, as you did from someone else (I assume by what has been said). Seeding = confusing me more than the ******** vista logic on my PC...

Thank you again for your kindness in assisting me!

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
wow umm just open up the bittorrent client that u downloaded the click open .torrent the go to ur temp files and open super smash brawl OST then ta-da to make it go faster you can change ur settings and set ur port to an open one

[i dont even know how to open a port and the router isnt mine so im not gonna mess with it]

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
wow umm just open up the bittorrent client that u downloaded the click open .torrent the go to ur temp files and open super smash brawl OST then ta-da to make it go faster you can change ur settings and set ur port to an open one

[i dont even know how to open a port and the router isnt mine so im not gonna mess with it]
Thats the thing... it wont let me open bittorrent... it just comes up with that message. I got it open once, but was simultaniously trying to open the OST torrent from my folder (I know its ********, im new to this torrenting stuff...). Now I just cant even open the program.

Thanks for trying to help though ;)

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Smash Ninja: No, you don't HAVE to seed it. But not seeding it is a really lame thing to do. People are giving up their bandwidth, which costs them time and money, to send this soundtrack to you; and that's not even counting Xane's huge amount of invested time in creating this. Seeding it is passing it along, speeding things up for everyone. If you're at a party and someone hands you chips, do you pass them along after a few bites or keep them?

Let's hope pass along. (Although in this case you keep them too).

And don't worry about download speed; it fluctuates. It might say over a year, but that's okay. Just leave it overnight.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Smash Ninja: No, you don't HAVE to seed it. But not seeding it is a really lame thing to do. People are giving up their bandwidth, which costs them time and money, to send this soundtrack to you; and that's not even counting Xane's huge amount of invested time in creating this. Seeding it is passing it along, speeding things up for everyone. If you're at a party and someone hands you chips, do you pass them along after a few bites or keep them?

Let's hope pass along. (Although in this case you keep them too).

And don't worry about download speed; it fluctuates. It might say over a year, but that's okay. Just leave it overnight.
Ok, I understand now, thanks a lot! And yes, I shall seed for as long as my parents let me leave my PC on!

I see that I am going to have to do this when I have more time... like on a Sunday...

How long do you guys seed for? Just so I know if I am doing enough.

Oh, and BitTorrent still 'aint working... :cry:

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Try restarting your PC.

Good thing is that you can turn off your PC; just close BitTorrent first and when you open it again you can continue the download from where you left off. If it takes a couple days, it will. But as long as people seed it should be done in under ten hours, easily.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Try restarting your PC.

Good thing is that you can turn off your PC; just close BitTorrent first and when you open it again you can continue the download from where you left off. If it takes a couple days, it will. But as long as people seed it should be done in under ten hours, easily.
Thank you very much. I should probably turn the PC off anyway now, so I will give it some rest and try tomorrow or something... or maybe when I next see the most activity here so I know that people are seeding.

Good to know that the d/load continues, and also good to know that seeders can speed me up dramaticly.

I shall go now, and try tomorrow. I will not forget everyones helpfulness and I am very grateful... but I may need help again tomorrow XD... if I do... im truely sorry, lol.

Thanks again-again!

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
lol it took me 2 hours a seeder got on and he was uploading 180kbs to me making the total like 300-350 [it was constantly changing]
but yea do what he said about restarting ur cpu if it doesnt work past that then idk and also if ur parents tell ya to turn off the cpu its ok cuz when u turn it back on, it checks the file

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Good luck :D Remember, respect your parents. You could always try asking them if you can leave the download on all night . . . make a dishwashing deal if you can.

I wonder how much of this thread was educating Smash fans about torrents and downloads, as well as discussing the best way to share it :D

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
lol it took me 2 hours a seeder got on and he was uploading 180kbs to me making the total like 300-350 [it was constantly changing]
but yea do what he said about restarting ur cpu if it doesnt work past that then idk and also if ur parents tell ya to turn off the cpu its ok cuz when u turn it back on, it checks the file
Darkjad said:
Good luck :D Remember, respect your parents. You could always try asking them if you can leave the download on all night . . . make a dishwashing deal if you can.

I wonder how much of this thread was educating Smash fans about torrents and downloads, as well as discussing the best way to share it :D
Turns out im allowed a little more time on my laptop :p Yay.

I have restarted, and its working! Its been going for a few minites now, and im on 0.3% completed... is that an excuse to yay or bang my head on a wall?

I dont think I could cut a deal anyway... my Dad doesnt like me d/loading things all night long now, because before I got my laptop, I d/loaded the E3 2006 Nintendo press conference. It took 5 hours and I started it at 9PM... my Dad had to sit there and wait 'til it finished... it took 5 hours.

Plus my laptop screws up after it goes on standby, so I cant leave it on and unattended for over an hour...

0.5% now... yay...

I dont know how to thank you guys enough... you have been a fantastic help ^_^

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
I'm glad its working. 0.3% is good progress.

You can disable standby on your computer if you want. I forget how to do so (I'm on a Mac) but since BitTorrent is active and not "idle" your pc might not go to standby. Just a guess.

footbagjames

Smash Rookie
CASTLE THEME!!!!

Man that was one of the few songs I really was pulling for to make it in. It's awesome.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR RIPPING THE OST!

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad its working. 0.3% is good progress.

You can disable standby on your computer if you want. I forget how to do so (I'm on a Mac) but since BitTorrent is active and not "idle" your pc might not go to standby. Just a guess.
Im on 1.3% now, but every so often, I get a little mssage in a pop-up-box in the corner saying that something with BitTorrent didnt work... I think from what I have seen it is an occasional problem with connecting to seeders...

Apart from that, its going well, and it always comes straight back up!

Unfortunately, if I just leave my PC, even if programs are running, it goes onto standby within 30mins-1hour, and when I take it off standby, I get a dreadfull system crash after a minite or two. But if you are right and I can switch it off, then you are the most helpful person ever XD
I hate standby, and if it were to be off... it would be heaven... thanks for the info... I shall try it now...

Ooh! Ooh! ANOTHER QUESTION!!!!!!!!!
After I have d/loaded the file, does it then just become an mp3 file so that I can put it on my iPod?

Nodonn

Smash Cadet
Do I see Power Hungry Fool in my list :O
*smorgasms*
One of my favorite songs from PoR :D

Edit: Midna's Desperate Hour, Hidden Village, Gerudo Valley and a metal Gourmet Race. This game is like the wet dream of any Nintendo fan :)

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
It becomes a huge stash of mp3 files, one per song. They're on my iPod right now.

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
to turn it off do this

on ur desktop right click
go down to properties then click
in the screen saver tab
click the thing next to the battery
now on there put everything on never unless u need it

or this

go to control panel
now apperence and themes
then dispay and do everything thats past that on the other list

Nodonn

Smash Cadet
I didn't have to do anything with it, I just dragged it to my Ipod. However, I downloaded it with Limewire, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Top Bottom