• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[OST] Finally! Original Brawl OST ripped!

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Ok, I don't get what just happened... downloading from a torrent (for the first time)...

it was going slow at first... then it picked up to where the ETA was about a 4 hour download time... went with that for a good 10mins or so, then it the Download speed DROPPED to a whopping 8-15 kb/s for a minute... THEN it SKYROCKETED to a MASSIVE 310+ kB/s and now it's back to it's normal 4 hour download time (about 77-85 kb/s)

Anyone more savvy with torrents explain to me what happened?
Basically, when a torrent is created, there is one 'seeder' that sends out the files. Other people get the files, and those get sent to people who haven't gotten them yet. You're just getting multiple files at the fast times, I suppose.

well, when i opened the file it went straight to limewire and its downloading, and then i saw your post and figured i just click where it says "download this torrent"

so....
Hm. Guess Limeware is your default downloading client? OK then, when it's done downloading from Limeware, open it up in BitTorrent and it should begin getting all the files for you.

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
Anyone more savvy with torrents explain to me what happened?
basically, the way a torrent works is it download the file in parts and the torrent file just tells your computer where to get those parts and how big each part should be.

now, at first, your computer was just downloading like normal. then, you lost a connection (likely, a part finished) and then you built a new connection for the next part. that new connection was a lot faster than the old. then that part was done, and so the connection was broken and you returned to your normal download speed.

Luc

Smash Rookie
basically, the way a torrent works is it download the file in parts and the torrent file just tells your computer where to get those parts and how big each part should be.

now, at first, your computer was just downloading like normal. then, you lost a connection (likely, a part finished) and then you built a new connection for the next part. that new connection was a lot faster than the old. then that part was done, and so the connection was broken and you returned to your normal download speed.

Oh, ok, so basically, whenever I get a high spike in Download speed, I've made some sort of connection to a file and that file gets done faster, and then, when it's done, I revert back down to my regular download rate... which, after the high spike, looks EXTREMELY slow... am I correct?

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Basically, when a torrent is created, there is one 'seeder' that sends out the files. Other people get the files, and those get sent to people who haven't gotten them yet. You're just getting multiple files at the fast times, I suppose.

Hm. Guess Limeware is your default downloading client? OK then, when it's done downloading from Limeware, open it up in BitTorrent and it should begin getting all the files for you.
well i was just going to import it to my itunes, and listen like i do with everything i get form limewire :) im at 11% right now ill see what happens when its done

The BSC

Smash Rookie
Yeah, no one connecting to me has more than 25%. I dunno how this all works, exactly, so that might be a problem with my connection more than yours.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Yeah, no one connecting to me has more than 25%. I dunno how this all works, exactly, so that might be a problem with my connection more than yours.
It's probably a combination. I am transferring 38 kb/m to 5 people, so that may be why. If you want, I can try uploading the soundtrack I'm seeding in .zip files to Megaupload, so you don't have to wait through the torrent.

The BSC

Smash Rookie
It's probably a combination. I am transferring 38 kb/m to 5 people, so that may be why. If you want, I can try uploading the soundtrack I'm seeding in .zip files to Megaupload, so you don't have to wait through the torrent.
Well, whatever works best for you, I don't wanna put you out or anything.

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
well i dont know what media player you use...but its usually like "artist, album, album artist, track name, track number, etc etc" and you fill in all the slots.

Sockpuppet

Smash Cadet
HOORAY!!!! They put Molgera's theme from Wind Waker in!! That was my most wanted song!!!!

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
The complete Brawl OST, already? Man, I love the internet sometimes.

And classifying and naming all these must have been a *****. Infinite thanks to everyone involved!

Danon

Smash Apprentice
If songs were characters....all the underpants in the world would be crapped in right now.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
A'rite, back from school, and what's going on?
6 Seeders and roughly 1000 Peers~ wtf. xD

Seeding would be highly appreciated, honestly.. :x

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
I just got done downloading
But I gotta get to class now and I'll be sure to seed later
(sorry I can't leave my pc on)

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Wow Xane great work! Thank you so much!!! I love all these tracks. I'm so gonna use mushroom kingdom as my ringtone!

Auron55

Smash Rookie
Anyone know how I should ID3 Tag this correctly? i guess the Originial composer names but i don't know them all :(

celebi23

Smash Cadet
Umm, Xane, I believe the torrent is missing "E07 - Obstacle Course (alternate version) - Yoshi's Island". Other than that, AWESOME JOB!!!

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Umm, Xane, I believe the torrent is missing "E07 - Obstacle Course (alternate version) - Yoshi's Island". Other than that, AWESOME JOB!!!
I accidetly renamed it..
So there's
E02 - Yoshi's Island - Athletic.mp3
E03 - Yoshi's Island - Athletic Remix.mp3
With E03 beeing the original E07. :x

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Wow, I notice over 550 Seeders, thanks a lot guys! ^^