• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Lol, I didn't notice James listed as Washington (Northern N-Oregon) until just now. Ha ha ha. And what do you mean "him being 11th"? 11th at what?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It must suck to be ranked below a Young Link player... and a Old Link player too. I wonder how they're doing their PRs in WA, because I thought James would be a bit higher up.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I would have thought he'd be lower down XD
Jesse come to Eugene. I'm glad you're back in the scene.

cmin

Smash Ace
ah good to see jesse is back in. too bad all you do is sleep when we are playing jesse!

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
OH WOW.

I just saw a commercial for "turkey bowling league," where they show a giant turkey sucking at DDR, then going on to be great at bowling.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but even JIR has to admit that that's funny considering... earlier **** in this thread. :laugh:

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
glad to see you want to play more, now you can tutor me in smash and ill show you good ways to not roll your ankle.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
I will play you Jesse when I get a day off maybe you and I can go free running as well. It's been a little awhile and I need to start working out I have gained about 10 pounds in the last month I need to start working out again.

Free running would be perfect after sweating agents you in smash lol I will try and try until I beat you lol

I will keep you up-dated on AIM or MSN

Eggz

Smash Hero
David, when you do your ballroom tourney, make it a big one a month or two in advance. If it can fit 100+ people, try to fill it.

Also get some loud music.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I watched District B-13 the other night. Although the parkour stuff was pretty **** sweet, the movie wasn't all that great at all xD.

But yeah, parkour is something I'm slightly interested in getting into.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
David, when you do your ballroom tourney, make it a big one a month or two in advance. If it can fit 100+ people, try to fill it.

Also get some loud music.
Yeah I can get DJ's to spin for free for me ^.^ got to love Techno Shane.

Umm.... yeah if I get the ball room I will try and fill that **** thing.

Free running is nice I used to do it all the time but I have slowed down alot Jesse and I also used to go all the time together but making it all the way to sherwood is quite the trip sometimes for me. 2 and a half hour bus ride.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The ballroom would be good if a lot of people came and it didn't cost a fortune. I don' t know the details, but if it's $300 to rent the place and a dozen people show up, that's not going to work out so well.
I don't want loud music. It's distracting and it probably won't be very good. I hate it when I can't even talk with someone because the music is so loud, but if it's in another room or far enough away that it's not distracting, I wouldn't mind.

Get SF:E and OSU III dates straightened out ASAP.

When does everyone want to start the monthlies?

Binx

Smash Master
I dont know about everyone but without rides I cant make it to all the monthlies, I can really only go places in portland.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm going to say SF:E Fall should be the first weekend of November (the 3rd). This will give OSU any weekend in October and will avoid both Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Yay or nay?

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
I'm going to say SF:E Fall should be the first weekend of November (the 3rd). This will give OSU any weekend in October and will avoid both Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Yay or nay?
Nay, just because that might be when O-Squared is happening, and I might want to go to that.

But since that's nothing to do with most of OR's smash community, don't worry too much about me.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
The ballroom would be good if a lot of people came and it didn't cost a fortune. I don' t know the details, but if it's $300 to rent the place and a dozen people show up, that's not going to work out so well.
I don't want loud music. It's distracting and it probably won't be very good. I hate it when I can't even talk with someone because the music is so loud, but if it's in another room or far enough away that it's not distracting, I wouldn't mind.

Get SF:E and OSU III dates straightened out ASAP.

When does everyone want to start the monthlies?
I would like to do a vote for music who would like to hear DJ's spin Techno lol smash rave ^.^

Also I wont rent it out if only a dozen people show up I will want people to be confirmed if I get the ball room.

It wont cost me $300 because I work there I get alot of money off rooms and the ball room. It's nothing I can't handle.

Timmy why can't you play with music? Xery, Ole, Keith and my self can ^.^

I am only wondering.

cmin

Smash Ace
lol riot dude i dont know how you guys play with music. its super distracting and like.. i cant hear when i get hit to tech! cuz im asian and i see in widescreen so like.. i need the sound!

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
lol riot dude i dont know how you guys play with music. its super distracting and like.. i cant hear when i get hit to tech! cuz im asian and i see in widescreen so like.. i need the sound!
G/L at large tournaments of any kind in anything.

Like, seriously, I've met players who do much better with sound, and with all the ****-talk, cheering, and general people-noise that is around nat'l tourneys of just about anything, they can't hear ****.

I'd say l2p without sound, but I think that actually is an innate factor about how your brain works (People who are auditory learners, etc.), so man, tough luck.

cmin

Smash Ace
yeah man i dont know sound really distracts me unless its what im concentrating on. even if its music unless if its like.. maybe techno where there is no singing so its just music cuz then it would just go into one ear and out the other but words make me think about it and its stupid lol

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Alright fair enough people we wont have DJ'S

Playing with music doesn't bug me my eyes are quick enough to follow even with fast pace techno music playing.

We wont have DJ'S it will be normal smash sound and people talking if anything....

Look like you and I are alone on that EGGZ lol sorry you and I can play some other time with awesome techno music playing.

There is some talking in my techno music not all but yeah that's all I listen to anything other than techno to me is a big pile of bull $hit

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Seriously if you can get this ballroon you soooo need to post it on like every regional zone thread on ever state thread and put it up on that little tournament thing on the top where you pay like 10 dollars to advertise it

Riot6777

Smash Ace
$10! Of my hard earned money! ..........

Fine if it came down to it I would do that.

But I would have to make it 3 months in advance because I wont make this anytime soon people will get to know about it in time if I get the ball room.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I say we just do it for brawl because it comes out in a while. So lets have Oregon hold the first big brawl tournament ever at the ballroom.

Balloon

Smash Lord
It would be hard, especially for us, to have a very large tournament specifically for Brawl, considering we wouldn't be able to obtain nearly enough setups (games, wiis, full save files, etc.).

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
true, wiis and such will be hard to come across, would be a great idea after xmas though cause everyone is going to own that game. i wouldnt rule out the brawl idea, but definitely wait a while longer.

now that i think about it, hosting a giant brawl tournament would be a good idea just cause it will bring in a lot of new players and overall increase oregon's smash scene.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Sounds like one huge plan to me.

People PM me with ideas if you have any.

Food?
Set ups and T.V's if you could let me use them for this ball room plan.

Anything let me hear it.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Timmy why can't you play with music? Xery, Ole, Keith and my self can ^.^
I never said I couldn't. I don't mind background music as long as it isn't loud. I prefer hearing the SFX of the game, however.

I think a big Melee tournament is unlikely, especially if you want a three month lead (everyone's just going to Champ Combo).

I think a big Brawl tournament would be a really good idea though! It's guarenteed that pretty much every smasher in Oregon would show up, as well as whatever new players hear about it in the Portland area. Washington would likely come down, which makes it more likely for NorCal or even Canada, Idaho, etc to show up.

The date for such an event depends on what people think works best as a whole, though I agree waiting until after Christmas would be a superb time because of the influx of Wii + Brawl that would be available. Early January might work... or you could make it a New Year's Eve/Day event since school will still be out of session and most people won't be working. The only downside to that date is if people already have plans.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm sure we could get everyone from OR to come to a HUGE Ballroom Brawl-Room event, however getting out of staters is going to be difficult considering they've probably got local events already planned. It'd have to be insanely good, like bigger than Super Champ Combo.
Not having enough setups isn't a problem. NCST or whatever the Acronym was had like 6 setups for 100 people and they were almost all small screens that were terrible and it turned out ok. Just stress everyone bring setups & equipment.

As for the music. I don't care about music, but you said "loud" music. Loud denotes it's distracting. Techno playing at a volume where we can hear the game and we don't have to shout to each other would be fine.

I guess SF:E is being pushed to a cold November event. Not the time I'd like to see it. But what other choice do we have? September is SCC, and Oct. is OSU III. December is winter, and, of course, Brawl-mas. If Foos and George aren't going to SCC, I don't know if we can either, so maybe we can make plans for SF:E at the end of september if that happens.

Top Bottom