• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The smash scene in Oregon has grown enough to warrant a full PR List. I want to see this done correctly so we can contribute to the community and provide information that other states can access. As such I'm asking for help from Oregon players active on these forums to provide intelligent discussion, valued opinions, and other assistance in accordance to the Regional/State Power Rankings Regulations.
Important Notice:
Any inclusion of off-topic, "flaming", "spam", or otherwise non-proactive posts will be flagged and reported to a moderator.
Discussion of this thread should be done in the OSM topic, not here.
Since the PR List is under development, we must establish the foundations:
  1. Administrator
  2. Panelists (3)
  3. Mission Statement
  4. PR Criteria
1. Administrator
I hereby establish myself as Regional Administrator/Sponsor of the Oregon Power Rankings through the creation and maintenance of this thread. I fulfill all requirements having run Oregon state tournaments for approximately 2 years and helped coordinate and/or run a number of others, am an active participant in tournaments both in state and out-of-state, and am knowledgeable of both game and community.

2. Panelists
As per Regional/State PR Regulations, we are required to have a minimum of three (3) panelists. Volunteers for this position are currently open to anyone with knowledge and experience of SSB who are currently residing in the state of Oregon. Panelists will be chosen by general acceptance of the Oregon Smash Community, and, if necessary, by majority vote.

3. Mission Statement
I have provided a Mission Statement. Any addendum or amendment is up for discussion within this thread and is subject to approval by Panelists and Regional Administrator.

4. PR Criteria
A preliminary criteria for placement within the Power Ranking is included in the Mission Statement. Changes and additions are up for discussion within this thread and is subject to approval by Panelists and Regional Administrator.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mission Statement
The goal of the Oregon Power Ranking is to provide an accurate summary of the rankings of individual Smash players in the state of Oregon based on talent, expertise, and performance. The list will give insight to players in other states, help top players garner reputation, and motivate the competitive spirit within Oregon. Panelists will be chosen based on knowledge of players, tournaments, and the game itself.

Administrator - t!MmY

Panelists
  1. Position Currently Open
  2. Position Currently Open
  3. Position Currently Open
Power Rankings will be posted after Panelists have been chosen and rankings have been decided.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Close thread pl0x, already 2, technically a 3rd Oregon PR thread if you include this and OSM. Use Bart's, god.
wow jem stop getting involved in something that has nothing to do with you please. Let Oregon handle their own situations. and please, don't reply to this post with some sort of rash statement as usual, just leave it be.

Let the mods handle it if they choose to.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
wow jem stop getting involved in something that has nothing to do with you please. Let Oregon handle their own situations. and please, don't reply to this post with some sort of rash statement as usual, just leave it be.

Let the mods handle it if they choose to.
wow, for the first time mike, good sh**

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, this is stupid. I am giving you guys 48 hours to come up with a single power rankings solution that everyone agrees upon. Your solution must be supported by the entire state and must open panelist positions to everyone who is interested and qualified as determined by ME or Silent Wolf. Make it happen, children, or your state will not be allowed to maintain rankings of any form.

I am closing both ranking threads for the next two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom