• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Options out of Powershielding

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
So I've been messing around with different things and this seems interesting with perhaps some potential behind it.
When you powershield, you don't get any shield stun so you can do whatever you like out of it whereas your opponent is still in hitlag. What action(s) do you think would be good after powershielding?

carnivore

Smash Cadet
Power shielding gives you the same shield stun as if you didn't power shield it, only difference is you're standing neutral instead of in shield after.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Really? For some reason, I thought you could act immediately out of a powershield.

I'm probably thinking of "perfect shielding."

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Quote Source: Magus420

Original Post Thread:http://smashboards.com/threads/zelda-tip-list.200303/page-2#post-10576678

According to Magus420 there are 2 powershield types , one for projectiles and the other for physical hits.

Excerpts from post:

If you PS a physical hit you can interrupt the shield drop with an A or B attack. If you PS a projectile you can't interrupt the drop with attacks, but since there's no hitlag or shieldstun on PS'd projectiles you can move out of it much sooner with a jump/WD or whatever OoS.

Powershield Projectile:
1) 2 frame window
2) No shield damage
3) No shield hitlag
4) No shield pushback
5) No shield stun
6) Reflects the projectile

Powershield Attack:
1) 4 frame window
2) No shield damage
3) Same shield hitlag
4) More shield pushback than full shield
5) Same shield stun as full shield
6) Allows you to cancel the shield dropping animation with an A or B attack

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
I guess I confused perfect shielding and power shielding. In this thread, I'm referring to perfect shielding.

onehunna

Smash Cadet
Usually if I powershield an aerial or grounded attack I'll go straight into Gentleman's, to try and get something prettier going. How about instant up-air and nair? Might be options.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
One thing I've done on accident is attempt to shield a getup attack and shield grab it only to power-shield the getup attack and forward smash it looool

Powershielding projectiles -> aerials or WD OOS seems like good stuff for the Falco MU. I've also just recently done running powershield -> grab to punish falco's ledgehop double laser, but you'd be relying a lot on the Falco having a crutch on that option.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
powershield falco dair into raptor boost is hilarious

Does Johnny just read the hits or does he just reacts to the hits to get the crazy powershields into punishment?

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
powershield gentleman is the only really viable thing out of powershield

i mean u can do an aerial but there wont be any difference here compared to if you did a normal shield

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Gentleman out of powershield is the best and safest option.

Raptor boost out of powershield is very good as well. Fancy and tricky. ++styl points
Ftilt out of powershield should be fine as well, dtilt could be too .

Damnit, we all should react with one of these moves when we get a powershield vs a physical hit. Get better!

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Gentleman out of powershield is the best and safest option.

Raptor boost out of powershield is very good as well. Fancy and tricky. ++styl points
Ftilt out of powershield should be fine as well, dtilt could be too .

Damnit, we all should react with one of these moves when we get a powershield vs a physical hit. Get better!
I don't react, I just predict the move and powershield > gentleman. I don't find it that hard at all, especially not against fast fallers because of their predictable aerials, but it may be because I've also played alot of Yoshi. Evading moves all together is alot better, but sometimes it's easier to just stand still and commit to a powershield instead. Raptor boost out of powershield doesn't work agains spacies in my experience, because the shine will come out too quickly. I only use powershield > raptor boost in dittos, when Falcon tries to raptor boost me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You can't dash out of a powershield, Grim Tuesday. Only A or B moves.

Top Bottom