• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optimal Option against Dedede's Gordos?

Hydrogenize

Smash Rookie
I've been reading the DDD mu thread and it seems as if DDD loves opponents to use normals to counter their Gordo zoning. I was wondering, what are some quick options to get rid of gordos? I think having a quick aerial or tilt will be very beneficial

Last edited:

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
Just holding jab is the easiest, but I think f-tilt would be the best tilt and n-air is the best aerial.

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't suggest jab or nair - i've had both connect with the gordo, only for the gordo to travel through it and hit me anyway. I would say that, in general, only attack a gordo if it's a guaranteed hit on them. Good d3's aren't surprised by the return of their own gordos. So, if you're further than mid-screen, just shield and get to midscreen. If you're mid-screen, dash attack is the most reliable option.

Also, the most reliable way to get out reactive dash attacks is dash+c-stick down.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
If I'm in the air, I actually usually hit it with a uair if i'm facing it. If I'm grounded I usually just powershield them to be honest. Falcon doesn't have crazy disjoints to hit them with and you might as well just use the opportunity to close on him.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
only non stale jab works i believe
This is correct. And lets be honest here: when is jab ever NOT stale for Captain? It's one of your absolute best tools in neutral and for covering the ledge and I'd argue that it's one of his best options in his notoriously bad disadvantage. I use it all the time, probably about as much as up air lol.

Hydrogenize

Smash Rookie
This is correct. And lets be honest here: when is jab ever NOT stale for Captain? It's one of your absolute best tools in neutral and for covering the ledge and I'd argue that it's one of his best options in his notoriously bad disadvantage. I use it all the time, probably about as much as up air lol.
I personally think the Dedede matchup is so awkward for both players. I think it's in falcon's favor and jab is a good tool to stop anything Dedede may throw, or do from the ledge so jab would be a terrible option unless done at the start of a match.

MadSpace

Smash Rookie
I normally just shield it. It's the safest option. because almost all of falcon hit boxes are also hurt boxes. Falcon is fast enough to shield 1 or 2 gordos then punish in my experience

Top Bottom