• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinion about Sakurai's updates.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I actually don't give a ****. The more ****ty updates the more I know the game isn't going to be as good as Melee. Want isn't a contraction GG
Come again? Come now, the game has just gotta be better than Melee! If not, then whats the point to even making Brawl hmmm?

I'm really grindin your gears aren't I Ess?

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Come again? Come now, the game has just gotta be better than Melee! If not, then whats the point to even making Brawl hmmm?

I'm really grindin your gears aren't I Ess?
The point: money. He's trying to overhype the game with all his bull**** special stuff that makes this seem like some kind of Bloody Roar game rather than an SSB game. He knows all the twelve year olds like when Mario characters shoot Kamehameha blasts out of their hands, so he's doing that. He should think ahead and make it competitive for MLG. I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Augh, I sucked at typing this message.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...He has given decent updates, just not what you want. Someone like you would be dissapointd whatever happened. If they updated with all the characters you wanted, along with the new ones, they'd run out of info on that level, and you'd be complaining then.

You're getting information about the game so ust be thankful. Even if we got the updtes YOU wanted, then we still wound't know if the game turned out right. Internet updates can't do that, so stop complaining.

Heck, I would think your point would have more merit to it, if we weren't getting any nre info, and just had vauge speculation from old trailers.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The point: money. He's trying to overhype the game with all his bull**** special stuff that makes this seem like some kind of Bloody Roar game rather than an SSB game. He knows all the twelve year olds like when Mario characters shoot Kamehameha blasts out of their hands, so he's doing that. He should think ahead and make it competitive for MLG. I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: Augh, I sucked at typing this message.
Meh...good point. In fact, I did laugh when you said Mario characters firing Kamehameha beams from there finger tips. :laugh: But hey, it's about time that the Smash series gets some super moves.

Don't worry bro, I'm sure that there's more that meets the eye here. Honestly, in the "How to play" thingy on Melee, they didn't tell you about wavedashing, swd, shine spikes, and all that jazz in the intro now did they? Chances are, these tech moves will be making a comeback, whether Sakurai puts them on his lil website or not.

@Pieman, take five bro, nobodies complaining. We're having an a discussion arguement and well.....three is a crowd if you're not giving any info. All you're saying is "quit complaining, quit complaining, quit complaining." Just cease and desist.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I hope it's better than Melee. For a game that's going to get attention over almost every other game for a few months, it better be good.
Start sayin your prayers right now that Brawl will be > than Melee.

"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray above that Brawl won't be cheap! A cheap remake of Melee!" Amen

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
There have been some really good updates. This World, Four Kinds of Control, and pretty much all the stages to name a few.

There has been giving decent slices of the cake. It's just that there's enough time in between to turn anerexic before getting another one of those real 'jaw droppers'.

bored

Smash Ace
Umm, correction we have the right to express our opinions about anything that has to do with brawl or is related to brawl and last time I checked the updates were related to brawl. Therefore we have a right to express our opinions and if you don't like it leave!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, here I go again.

This time I won't talk too nice, because it's no use anyway.

Some people here are complaining about the cruddy updates, which is fine. Or wait, it actually isn't. What I'm seeing here is some very immature crap coming out of the mouths of some kids whose pubic hair hasn't even fully grown yet.

Seriously, if you are screaming "Brawl is going to suck hard" or "it won't be as good anymore", get the crap out of here. We don't need your pissy whining. Brawl will most definitely not be as good as or better than Melee, simply because you already assumes it won't be as good, so it's no use to be anticipated at Brawl anyway, so why still discussing about the next installment?

I've been on another place where a similar discussion was held, about the fact that Nintendo still hasn't had any games which would appeal the hardcore Nintendo fans on the Wii and DS. I myself found it bullcrap. What I found even more bullcrap is the fact that there were Nintendo "purists" going ape**** about the fact that Nintendo didn't appeal to them anymore, so they deflected to Sony or Microsoft.

What people forgot in this discussion was that true Nintendo purists don't look at Nintendo games as "exciting", "action-packed" or "graphically beautiful". They look at them as "innovative", but, most often and more importantly, fun. The thing is, Nintendo is none of the previously mentioned, except for one thing, fun.

Nintendo doesn't give crap about innovation or action or graphics, as long as the player has some fun, Nintendo approves. Even more when they can cash in with it. Did you really think Miyamoto created Pikmin with the word "innovation" etched into his mind? No, he thought, hey, that would be fun to do. Let's make a game out of it. Same with Super Mario Galaxy. In fact, I don't really think this game is innovative, but I do know it's fun.

And here we come back at Sakurai's updates. What Sakurai does here is not bring more hype to the game. In fact, just by updating his site on a daily basis he simply lowers the hype to it, since we already know what's going to be in for a major part. Also, the fact that we get these "lame" updates simply means he doesn't care for excitement or awesomeness. He just wants you to know the next game will be fun to play.

I mean, shouldn't we care about that? I'd rather have more of these technique updates to see what else we can do in Brawl. I'd rather have the castle stage as the next update, because then we will see how this stage plays. I'd rather have a Metaknight update, because we will have new screenshots of how he might be playable. Heck, I was happy to see Yoshi finally being confirmed. I've seen some other people who were already happy when at least one of their mains were confirmed to come back, and I'm sure they're anticipating on more updates of their mains. They're already happy with such updates, and I am too.

I don't need these fancy updates just to keep my going for Brawl. So what if the updates were weak? At least I know I will have fun with this game. Heck, me and my brother already planned on inviting some friends for an overnight Brawlfest. And to be honest, I don't care what's in it, as long as it's fun.

For all I care Sakurai can rickroll us in the next update.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
All in all, this thread has a good point, but it is in general a little redundant. There will always be people who are just impatient and unsatisfied with anything, that's just a fact. You can't really do anything about it...

I can understand where the frustrated people come from, but truly, the good stuff is yet to come. There's still a good amount of info that we already know from the trailers that still has to be flushed through the website system, so just be patient.

And really, some of you really don't even know how difficult the updates are until you basically have to write a weekly essay about them. Check my sig if you have no idea what I'm even talking about.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Yeah, how the hell could you write at least fifteen minutes for one week of updates in just two days? You must absolutely have no life.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
…………………………………….__,,,,,,,---,,,,,,_
…………………………_,,,--~’’¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’-,,_
…………………….,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’~,_
…………………,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~-,,
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;¯’-,
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-,\ ; ; ; ; ‘,
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : | ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : // ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| : ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,___,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,,,,,,,-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , , ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,_,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
…….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
……..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; \
………\ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
……….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .\,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,__,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .|\ . .\ . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; |__| .\__\ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Okay, here I go again.

This time I won't talk too nice, because it's no use anyway.

Some people here are complaining about the cruddy updates, which is fine. Or wait, it actually isn't. What I'm seeing here is some very immature crap coming out of the mouths of some kids whose pubic hair hasn't even fully grown yet.

Seriously, if you are screaming "Brawl is going to suck hard" or "it won't be as good anymore", get the crap out of here. We don't need your pissy whining. Brawl will most definitely not be as good as or better than Melee, simply because you already assumes it won't be as good, so it's no use to be anticipated at Brawl anyway, so why still discussing about the next installment?

I've been on another place where a similar discussion was held, about the fact that Nintendo still hasn't had any games which would appeal the hardcore Nintendo fans on the Wii and DS. I myself found it bullcrap. What I found even more bullcrap is the fact that there were Nintendo "purists" going ape**** about the fact that Nintendo didn't appeal to them anymore, so they deflected to Sony or Microsoft.

What people forgot in this discussion was that true Nintendo purists don't look at Nintendo games as "exciting", "action-packed" or "graphically beautiful". They look at them as "innovative", but, most often and more importantly, fun. The thing is, Nintendo is none of the previously mentioned, except for one thing, fun.

Nintendo doesn't give crap about innovation or action or graphics, as long as the player has some fun, Nintendo approves. Even more when they can cash in with it. Did you really think Miyamoto created Pikmin with the word "innovation" etched into his mind? No, he thought, hey, that would be fun to do. Let's make a game out of it. Same with Super Mario Galaxy. In fact, I don't really think this game is innovative, but I do know it's fun.

And here we come back at Sakurai's updates. What Sakurai does here is not bring more hype to the game. In fact, just by updating his site on a daily basis he simply lowers the hype to it, since we already know what's going to be in for a major part. Also, the fact that we get these "lame" updates simply means he doesn't care for excitement or awesomeness. He just wants you to know the next game will be fun to play.

I mean, shouldn't we care about that? I'd rather have more of these technique updates to see what else we can do in Brawl. I'd rather have the castle stage as the next update, because then we will see how this stage plays. I'd rather have a Metaknight update, because we will have new screenshots of how he might be playable. Heck, I was happy to see Yoshi finally being confirmed. I've seen some other people who were already happy when at least one of their mains were confirmed to come back, and I'm sure they're anticipating on more updates of their mains. They're already happy with such updates, and I am too.

I don't need these fancy updates just to keep my going for Brawl. So what if the updates were weak? At least I know I will have fun with this game. Heck, me and my brother already planned on inviting some friends for an overnight Brawlfest. And to be honest, I don't care what's in it, as long as it's fun.

For all I care Sakurai can rickroll us in the next update.
I'm not whining if this message was directed at me. I just say Brawl most likely is not going to meet the expectations. I'm not whining about it. It's completely fine to talk about that, considering this is the Brawl discussion board, is it not? I don't need fancy updates either. I'm fine with the updates we're getting. For all those who still complain about it, stop crying.

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
Stop making threads about being upset with the updates. It's over-done.
You obviously haven't read my post.
I wasn't complaining about Sakurai's updates. I was sharing my theory about it.
I was also telling people not to complain about it.

-_- besides, if you don't like this thread, don't post.

-KevRed

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
There's no such thing as a "bad update." Even if it's something that we already know (and don't care about), we still get some fresh screenshots. If there is ever an update without screens, then it has either a) music (YAYUHZ!!) or b) crucial information (e.g. the four control styles).

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I just say Brawl most likely is not going to meet the expectations.
Wait, what expectations? That it's going to be a fun game?

Seriously, there are no other expectations than that this installment will be another smashfest. There's no other expectation we would ever need for this game, the only thing we really need is fun.

Or what else were you thinking? Hot furry love? Some smooth-looking bullet time effects? Fancy graphics?

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Wait, what expectations? That it's going to be a fun game?

Seriously, there are no other expectations than that this installment will be another smashfest. There's no other expectation we would ever need for this game, the only thing we really need is fun.

Or what else were you thinking? Hot furry love? Some smooth-looking bullet time effects? Fancy graphics?

Yes, the expectation for being fun. The expectation of it being a great Smash game. No, wait, you're right, I was thinking of hot furry love. I want every stage to have a large, high definition picture of two squirrels having sex. In fact, I don't give a flying **** about graphics. I'd rather they stop trying to make the background of stages look like some masterpiece, and pay more attention to the gameplay. I don't know if this game is going to be good or not. I don't know how well they made the gameplay. I'm making my hypothesis. I hope I'm wrong. I hope this game is way better than SSBM ever was.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Well, a few bad updates doesn't make the game suck harder, now does it?

Or if they do, can you elaborate?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Wait, I think you and I have a misunderstanding about what's a bad update.

What IS a bad update to you? From what I just learned, I think your definition of a bad update is an update which shows something we most definitely do not want in the game, simply because they break the game or take away from the experience.

In my opinion, a "bad" update is just an update people didn't find appealing.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, so which bad updates do ruin the game, or make the game less appealing? Not just to you, but to the (minor) majority?

Of course, the Zero Suit Samus debate still stands, but that's just one aspect, and nobody has even decided to main her yet.

Ess oh Aytch

Smash Ace
Well I'd have to say I fit into the group of competitive players. Those who likes taking the game seriously, and to a new level. Meaning no items, 4 stocks, no banned tactics, etc. The footstool jump MAY ruin a part of the game. It's debatable since we still do not know the potential or difficulty to pull this off. The whole ZSS thing can ruin the game if there's no other way to get her. The stages so far also make me wonder. I like stages that are the most fair. Those and just that the game gives off bad vibes for me. Even in the trailer, seeing Meta-Knight have multi-slash attacks...it makes me wonder how it's going to fit into gameplay. That already looks a little broken to me.

And Do Not Skip Over This:

This pertains exclusively to the Smashers that enjoy competitive play. The game is obviously going to be a great game to play with your friends with items on high until 5 A.M.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Well, about the ZSSamus thing, that argument still stands. But I also think we should see if ZSSamus is appealing enough to even be considered in tournaments. For all we know she sucks balls.

About the rest, I think Sakurai already provided in fair play. I recently have played Jump Ultimate Stars, and while Luffy is an excellent multihitspamfarhittercharacter, it can only help him so much. Most often I get trumped anyway, because of the lags the attack has before and after the attack. So basically we don't know for sure Meta-Knight is broken, but it can be assumed he will be fairly balanced.

And so far we have about two, maybe three stages which are tournament legal. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty more.

Footstool Jump, like you said, we don't know anything about it, but I do think it may bring more tactics to the game. It does seem like it needs somewhat good timing, maybe even perfect.

In my head the footstool jump is fairly easy executed, but I myself wouldn't love to use it when meteoring. I'd rather use a regular attack just for that purpose.

Top Bottom