• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OpenerZ

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, I wan a decent CF as my Low Tier Char, so...

Ive been having the most succest with Dthrow. But I need more, the BMoves arent too good, and eaisily punished. Dair little slow, Nair cant hit freakin half the chars in this game. Leaves Uair and bair. R those decent openers?

Nother question, can a Jab b followed up from a Auto Canceled Weak Knee?

Thx ahead.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Yes. It can. But you're better off pulling a YES! combo (UpB right after you gimp knee them). Check the YES! combo thread for more info (I don't know if that's actually the title or not because I haven't seen it in a while).

Falcon really doesn't have any good openers though. Your best bets are grabbing, Falcon Kick, Raptor Boost, Running A, and AAA combo. Unfortunately all of those are punishable but get used to it, Falcon IS punishable.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Yes. It can. But you're better off pulling a YES! combo (UpB right after you gimp knee them). Check the YES! combo thread for more info (I don't know if that's actually the title or not because I haven't seen it in a while).

Falcon really doesn't have any good openers though. Your best bets are grabbing, Falcon Kick, Raptor Boost, Running A, and AAA combo. Unfortunately all of those are punishable but get used to it, Falcon IS punishable.
In my development of a new Meta-Game for Falcon I've been finding myself grabbing a WHOLE lot more. D-Throw always leads me to a gimping with U-Airs followed by N-Airs.

F-Throw is also good if you're close to the edge, as forcing any kind of recovery early game opens a few good spiking options. (Have a nice kill 30 seconds in on one of my upcoming vids which will be loaded.)

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
If you're really good at auto-canceling, flying dairs over their shields is actually a decent opening option. Shield pressure, forces them to move, and you're free to run away on landing. It's REALLY difficult to pull off a full-speed autocancel dair though, in my experience.

Bair is a decent opener if you can land it on their backside to avoid shield grabbing. Uair also works if you can get the timing right. You have to hit them with the opening part very low to the ground, usually, and thankfully the lag isn't too painful from that move. It can be punished, but not thoroughly.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, I auto cancel Dairs as my main approach on the shorter chars right now. I cant ever get a decent follow up sometimes from the dern momentum. Ill try Bair, as Ive been mentioned about it b4. I jus didnt want my Bair stale... but mayb its worth it?

Ill try everything else mentioned. I think Ima jus stay grounded, Dthrow is pretty good, as mentioned.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
If you're really good at auto-canceling, flying dairs over their shields is actually a decent opening option. Shield pressure, forces them to move, and you're free to run away on landing. It's REALLY difficult to pull off a full-speed autocancel dair though, in my experience.

Bair is a decent opener if you can land it on their backside to avoid shield grabbing. Uair also works if you can get the timing right. You have to hit them with the opening part very low to the ground, usually, and thankfully the lag isn't too painful from that move. It can be punished, but not thoroughly.
I actually find it really easy to do the Auto-Cancelled Dair from a full sprint. Do you have control stick jump disabled? If so you might want to reconsider because all you have to do is slide the control stick up slightly and then C-Stick Down at essentially the same time and you'll get it. I do this all the time on the sandbag.

Bair is good if you can land behind them AND far enough away to be out of grab range. Otherwise it's decent.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
In my development of a new Meta-Game for Falcon I've been finding myself grabbing a WHOLE lot more. D-Throw always leads me to a gimping with U-Airs followed by N-Airs.

F-Throw is also good if you're close to the edge, as forcing any kind of recovery early game opens a few good spiking options. (Have a nice kill 30 seconds in on one of my upcoming vids which will be loaded.)
I look forward to seeing that video. :)

Dthrow is good. Not as useful as in Melee, but still good. Decent amount of options on the follow-up including chase -> grab -> repeat.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
I look forward to seeing that video. :)

Dthrow is good. Not as useful as in Melee, but still good. Decent amount of options on the follow-up including chase -> grab -> repeat.
Woohoo, gettin the SD card today on my way back from Massachusetts, but I won't be able to upload them until I get back to school, as I left my Wiimote there (only way to start up a game from the Wii dashboard).

Dthrow in my opinion is actually a lot better now, at least the way I use it. But again, it's one of the only throws I find useful other than his Fthrow.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Woohoo, gettin the SD card today on my way back from Massachusetts, but I won't be able to upload them until I get back to school, as I left my Wiimote there (only way to start up a game from the Wii dashboard).

Dthrow in my opinion is actually a lot better now, at least the way I use it. But again, it's one of the only throws I find useful other than his Fthrow.
I dunno, Dthrow into SH-Dair L-Cancel into SH-Knee L-Cancel Chase was pretty beast... lol

Top Bottom